Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After thinking about this some more, I think this is probably what happened.

Neighbor sees the video, and informs dad.

They notify law enforcement, who then obtain a copy of the video.

Reporters get wind of it, and receive a copy from the neighbor.

Their respective news organizations then contact the sheriff’s office, to ask their take on it.

Sheriff’s office says “wait, we need to figure this all out. Don’t air it until we give approval.”

They ultimately give their blessing, whether they truly want it out or not (because it’s going to leak out eventually).

I also think this is how the handling of the video came about. One more 'benefit' for law enforcement though: it sort of prevented any mass fear and speculation that a child snatcher is on the streets without them having to name a POI. Public opinion went to TS as the guilty party after her brilliant interview and LE was left to get down to business. They probably couldn't have planned it better.

Even when TS said in her second statement, 'I encourage you to think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching a few days prior...' all LE had to do was counter with a simple statement:

Colorado police say they don’t believe that 11 year old Gannon Stauch, who has been missing for more than two weeks, was kidnapped as his stepmother suggested. “If there was a threat of some sort of public safety statement, if there was an abduction of some sort, if that information was revealed to us… we would absolutely put that out,” Sgt. Deborah Mynatt of the El Paso County Sheriff’s office. They never really had to say a thing about the video. JMO

I have to disagree that it's open to interpretation. Here's why:

There's a family that lives across the street from me. Husband, wife, 2 little girls. I see the girls playing in the yard/driveway/horse trailer nearly every day. From sidewalk chalk and jumping rope in the summer to shoveling with dad and building a snowman in the winter. I see them a lot, so I know how they appear when they're outside having fun. If one day, I saw on my surv. cam, either one of those little girls walking slowly, or sluggish or like they were drugged, that would be pretty terribly profound to me. So much so that I would immediately reach out to their mom/dad/LE with the video I saw of them.

RD doesn't have to be a medical professional or anything else, but an observant neighbor to have the opinion that Gannon's movements were not normal for him, in his experience of seeing Gannon playing outside with his sister (that RD has actually commented on as well, in MSM articles). It's possible that "drugged" or "sluggish" was the best way he knew how to explain the way he saw Gannon walking.

Gannon's neighbor had seem him at play and outside often enough to notice there was something profoundly different about the way he was moving. And if "drugged" or "sluggish" was the best way he knew to describe it, we better be taking him seriously.

jmo
Completely agree. Also with having sat there and rewatched footage (as he said), he would have seen Gannon’s normal movements on camera and used that as context to make his judgement that his movements were “not normal” in that particular video.

I looked at gate locks online. Some have keyed locks on both inside and outside, some don't. I think TS alleges Gannon was checking the gate shortly after the bandaging of his foot, which to me means from the outside.

More telling for me this morning is the fact that LE has not put out any sketches, photos, or descriptions of any persons who may be involved, like mysterious kidnappers, abductors, or sinister individuals of some organized crime circuit.

It's funny, the person I'd most want to speak with, the one who I think could answer the questions I have, is......

ALL roads lead to a 't'.

Unfortunately street view does not extend along Galpin Drive. I did observe a ring bell camera on the house which faces that corner. However, I am under the impression such cameras only have a range of 5 to 30 feet.

The Stauch house is the 3rd from the corner on Mandan.
If you go up to the corner (with your back to the Stauch house, facing the houses along Rubicon) the the last house on the left has a cam on the 2 garage just above the left side light fixture.
There are 8 houses on Rubicon between that one and the corner of Galpin & Rubicon, and it's that last house that appears to have a Ring cam that faces Galpin.
The distance from their front porch to the road looks about the same distance from my front porch to the road, and ours picks up sidewalk and street traffic just fine. Along Rubicon though from Mandan to Galpin it looks like there are only 2 houses that have cams.
Street view doesn't go down Galpin but if you zoom in on the houses directly behind the Stauch house, the 4th on one the right side of the street has a cam on the left side of the garage just about the light fixture.
It's too poor of an angle to make out anything on the other side of the street.

Oh, and the passenger in the white Dodge Ram truck turning left off Galpin onto Rubicon, is flashing the google street view cam the peace sign.
Because, why not?
peace.jpg
Source خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Completely agree. Also with having sat there and rewatched footage (as he said), he would have seen Gannon’s normal movements on camera and used that as context to make his judgement that his movements were “not normal” in that particular video.
I also agree! I would definitely recognize a change in my neighbors too - even if I'm not intimately friends with them. If a kid I routinely see in the neighborhood walked in a sluggish way, I would notice.

jmo

The Stauch house is the 3rd from the corner on Mandan.
If you go up to the corner (with your back to the Stauch house, facing the houses along Rubicon) the the last house on the left has a cam on the 2 garage just above the left side light fixture.
There are 8 houses on Rubicon between that one and the corner of Galpin & Rubicon, and it's that last house that appears to have a Ring cam that faces Galpin.
The distance from their front porch to the road looks about the same distance from my front porch to the road, and ours picks up sidewalk and street traffic just fine. Along Rubicon though from Mandan to Galpin it looks like there are only 2 houses that have cams.
Street view doesn't go down Galpin but if you zoom in on the houses directly behind the Stauch house, the 4th on one the right side of the street has a cam on the left side of the garage just about the light fixture.
It's too poor of an angle to make out anything on the other side of the street.

Oh, and the passenger in the white Dodge Ram truck turning left off Galpin onto Rubicon, is flashing the google street view cam the peace sign.
Because, why not?
View attachment 234090
Source خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Awesome work, you two!! (Two = you plus Google Map Man....he's always such a help!)

jmo

My theory is that she either injured Gannon Sunday afternoon/evening or he was ill (medical neglect) and she was taking him to either a medical clinic or to a friend to stay for a couple of days and he died in the car or at the friend's house. She has panicked and concocted cover up stories.
I think the searching by LE was not necessarily what TS may have thrown away but may very well be what a friend/accomplice may have been discarding. Not his body, because that may be on private property.
LE may have the case against TS wrapped up and are just solidifying the evidence against accomplices. MOO MOO MOO

My theory is that she either injured Gannon Sunday afternoon/evening or he was ill (medical neglect) and she was taking him to either a medical clinic or to a friend to stay for a couple of days and he died in the car or at the friend's house. She has panicked and concocted cover up stories.
I think the searching by LE was not necessarily what TS may have thrown away but may very well be what a friend/accomplice may have been discarding. Not his body, because that may be on private property.
LE may have the case against TS wrapped up and are just solidifying the evidence against accomplices. MOO MOO MOO
If that were true, why isn't the friend coming forward? Who would risk their own liberty by helping TS? I just don't see TS as having that strong of a tie with anyone in the area.

jmo

That’s a great point. I now think their stance on this was “it’s not that we don’t want that video released, it’s that we don’t want that video released right now.”

So timing was the source of any frustration, and not the release of the footage itself.

It also seems like there must have been some compromise too,like LE agreed to the footage being released but on the condition it was only that portion of footage that was shown,and absolutely no audio. Enough to shake TS tree but not enough to compromise their investigation?, they knew the cat would be out of the bag so really all they could hope for was damage limitation IMO

If that were true, why isn't the friend coming forward? Who would risk their own liberty by helping TS? I just don't see TS as having that strong of a tie with anyone in the area.

jmo
Yeah, I thought about that also but that person, as soon as they either helped dispose of his body or did not take him for medical care is legally liable. I think the friend is either loyal to TS or feels totally trapped in the lie and can't come forward without liability in the cover up. TS won't out them because the whole, awful situation started with her. MOO MOO

I don't have a theory for what happened, because I don't know enough about what kind of accidental abuse would kill a child. IMO the life force is strong and people in the movies/TV unrealistically drop dead at the first blow. Even Patrick Frazee commented that killing Kelsey took more than he expected (paraphrased) and he is an experienced horse and cattle handler (which is where my understanding of life force comes from). It is hard to imagine anyone actively killing Gannon, although I know horrible people kill children every day. Would a kick cause a bleeding spleen or some other internal bleeding that would actually cause him to die during the car ride or did she have to asphyxiate him? I hate to imagine any of this but I wonder if anyone can weigh in on this in a factual way - what could have happened that wouldn't take too much effort? I have a hard time imagining TS really doing anything actively vs. passively. Of course, we don't know, but just trying to theorize what happened. MOO, JMO

Yeah, I really don’t see a downside to that video being out.

One possible benefit, is TS would have some explaining to do down at the police station.

When she talks, it can only hurt her.
And/or, it may have spurned her to attempt to go move/disappear/tamper with some already disposed things/human who knows. Leading them to more evidence in the process.

It also seems like there must have been some compromise too,like LE agreed to the footage being released but on the condition it was only that portion of footage that was shown,and absolutely no audio. Enough to shake TS tree but not enough to compromise their investigation?, they knew the cat would be out of the bag so really all they could hope for was damage limitation IMO

I think you're on it. I think she spins stories around what she thinks people know, i.e., tell you what you want to hear. So if things get released piecemeal, and the story she spins might fit the facts of what's released, then the next chapter of the story comes out and blows her alibi away.

I'm saddened today, thinking of the weight of lost life, at the hands of people who the victims only tried to love. Kelsey Berreth. Jennifer Farber Dulos. Gannon Stauch. Good, kind, bright people.

I know their legacies will outshine the darkness.

JMO

Back to the gate for a moment. Can we tell from any photos whether the gate lock is on the inside or outside? We don’t lock our gates nor do our neighbors so I’m not sure what’s typical.

Trying to sort all this so it makes sense. The problem is we know TS is a liar, but we can't be sure about exactly how much she's lying about, and which parts are true.

TS stated:

"Saturday Night, G [Gannon] was helping me unload in the garage and cut his foot because there are a lot of tools because Albert does woodworking. He sat on the edge of the car and we bandaged it up. He was good to go. He always loves helping his dad in the garage build things like his LEGO tables and the flower pot they built for me as a gift. After this, I noticed G kept going to the side of the house. He told me he was checking to see if the gate was locked because he was the only one with a gate key. It made him proud to be the man of the house while Albert was away. Fast forward, we did a hike on Sunday (cleared), and shopping on Monday (cleared as well for him getting out of the other side).”

Based on what we do know, Gannon would have had to exit the garage into the driveway, and accessed the gate from the outside to "check if was locked"
Here's the gate again, as shown on street view Sept. 2019

gate lock.jpg
Source خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I've looked at this gate from several different angles and cannot find a lock on the latch at all. I've compared it to the latch on the left side, and to various gates along that road and it looks identical, with no lock. Now that doesn't mean there isn't some tiny little padlock on there that can't be seen, it just means I can't find it.

After a brief chat with hubby, we both agreed that if we had locks on our gates they'd be on the inside of the gate where only we had access. Putting them on the outside of the gate would give anyone access and that doesn't seem like a smart move. Then again, we'd never give a kid in our house the only key to anything, so there's that.

Trying to sort all this so it makes sense. The problem is we know TS is a liar, but we can't be sure about exactly how much she's lying about, and which parts are true.

TS stated:

"Saturday Night, G [Gannon] was helping me unload in the garage and cut his foot because there are a lot of tools because Albert does woodworking. He sat on the edge of the car and we bandaged it up. He was good to go. He always loves helping his dad in the garage build things like his LEGO tables and the flower pot they built for me as a gift. After this, I noticed G kept going to the side of the house. He told me he was checking to see if the gate was locked because he was the only one with a gate key. It made him proud to be the man of the house while Albert was away. Fast forward, we did a hike on Sunday (cleared), and shopping on Monday (cleared as well for him getting out of the other side).”

Based on what we do know, Gannon would have had to exit the garage into the driveway, and accessed the gate from the outside to "check if was locked"
Here's the gate again, as shown on street view Sept. 2019

View attachment 234091
Source خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I've looked at this gate from several different angles and cannot find a lock on the latch at all. I've compared it to the latch on the left side, and to various gates along that road and it looks identical, with no lock. Now that doesn't mean there isn't some tiny little padlock on there that can't be seen, it just means I can't find it.

After a brief chat with hubby, we both agreed that if we had locks on our gates they'd be on the inside of the gate where only we had access. Putting them on the outside of the gate would give anyone access and that doesn't seem like a smart move. Then again, we'd never give a kid in our house the only key to anything, so there's that.
I'm sure this has been discussed but I missed it....is there a side door from the garage?

I'm assuming no?

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members