Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. I don't blame them. Here's a strange deal. This guy is bad news bears. He was arrested Sunday night 10 miles from GS home. The night of the alleged candle situation. Kinda crazy...

1. Timeline has always bothered me. I've wondered more than once if something happened to him Sunday. I've just leaned towards the side that she probably had something to do with it.
2. Idk why I can't let it go about the darn gate. It bugs me. I wish someone other than her confirmed that he is the one responsible for the gate key. I find it really odd. Something happened at the gate IMO.
3. Dad's reaction to the video. It was reported that he said "she lied".

Still so many holes from what we know though. Then add the cars, airport, and absolutely odd behavior. As much as I don't want to watch the back of her head and listen to her again maybe I need to go back and take notes during the video. Ugh. Lol

Arrest of Attempted Murder Suspect Randy Bishop

1 of Colorado's most wanted caught; new documents spell out details of Randy Bishop arrest in Colorado Springs

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Well, the problem with your equating the two scenarios for me, IMO, MOO, is that there was also plenty of information in the Paighton Houston case about a separate POI, the "two heavy-set black men", who might have been responsible.

The only separate/other POI we have in this scenario, is a mystery person that the prime POI will not name, and that nobody else knows about.

MOO, JMO, IMO.

I'm equating the cases, but addressing the point that LE is under no obligation to release info just to sway or contain public opinion. The fact that there were other POIs in the PH case would have made it more logical to release info to spare an innocent person from harrassment - but they didn't. In this case, all clues still point to the same person; I can't imagine LE cares if the public speculates that something happened at 3 p.m. instead of noon. JMO

This post is full of my train-of-thought speculation and commentary. I approach cases from as many angles as possible. I prefer not to make assumptions that lean only toward one possibility when information is lacking; and in this case, lacking is an understatement.

You may disagree with my opinions, that is fine. What I present below is based on the fact that LE has provided little to nothing in this case and I can not assume other 'facts' simply based on no-face interviews, seemingly-flawed characters, 'internets' gossips, locations of searches and what has occurred at the house (DA and crime lab visits). Almost four weeks has passed and no arrest. This gives me pause. If what many in this forum assume happened I expect by this time a certain someone would have been arrested and would have been faced with severe interrogation justifiably thrust upon an assumed-murderer. This case is not there.

Again: SPECULATION follows:

Re: SM's statement that GS "kept going to the side of the house" and "checking the gate": I assume she meant GS kept walking out of the garage while he was helping her "unload in the garage" after returning from the 4-hour shopping trip.

If GS returned in the truck (which I believe he did), I find that a plausible scenario. What I would find odd is the "kept going" part; why would GS have to check more than once that the gate was locked (assuming that is what he was doing). Thinking back to when I was a kid, having been given a charge of responsibility I remember I wanted to perform the responsibility repeatedly, simply to feel the thrill of it; 'little kid, big responsibility'. Therefore, I also find this aspect plausible.

Given that, I'm still at a loss as to how/when GS left the house and ended up as missing?

SM revealed in her statement that LE had been given a description of the "person/friend" with whom GS is alleged to have left. Again, it's plausible; it seems to support the "he went to a friend's house" reported early in the case. I assume the "friend" to be a male. I also would expect the "friend" to have been a child, GS's age/near. I also assume LE would not release a description of that friend because of his age.

That leads to this: was that "friend" interviewed? Did GS leave the friend's house after the visit but did not end up at his house? How far was the friend's house? Which direction? Did GS and the friend climb the Stauch backyard fence to go to the friend's house? Did GS go on an 'expedition' while walking to home? I do not assume he got lost because I do not think the friend's house would have been at such a distance that it would place GS near an area in which he could easily disappear... unless someone abducted him.

But now, we have the Crime Lab once again visiting the Stauch house. There is a brief video of a technician walking in to the house with a camera. This scrambles all of my "plausible" scenarios. If GS had left with a friend, what in the house would be of interest to LE beyond the typical investigative requirements of a 'missing child' case, such that it required (additional?) photo evidence this late in the process?

Regardless of the assumed status of SM's character, I've been sticking to an Occam's Razor approach and applying generous doses of reasonable doubt and sticking to simple interpretations.

Aspects of this case cause me to pause, rethink and realign my assumptions and opinions and at this time, I remain at 51/49. As time progresses, so shall that ratio.

We don't know what we don't know.
Great Post !!!

While my first instinct agrees with the majority theory, I have to sit back and dissect what we do know (which isn't much for facts) and try to have an open mind as to HOW he disappeared.

BBM- This has been my motto for the past year and I say it all the time LOL

This is what I have been marinating on regarding the video and LE commenting or not on it. Hope I can convey it well.

TS claimed early on that she and her family were receiving death threats.
I am certain LE has eyes on her SM and SM in general and have seen how many people are pointing at her for this.
They also have seen her statement about all that has been "cleared" with regard to the video, timeline, etc.

Yet they remain silent. They haven't taken the path of going public to tell the public anything that would result in people backing off of her or doing anything to keep her "safe" if she is really in fear for her life.

Granted they haven't officially cleared anyone or made official statements regarding the parents, either. But this is just very curious to me that they won't tell people to get off the crazy train regarding anything.

I admire (even if it drives me crazy) how much they are keeping quiet. But I did find it interesting that they have said nothing to sort of protect TS in light of it all.

ETA: And not only that, there seem to have been a couple of instances where during pressers Kirby (I think it was? the spunky blonde?) was almost spicy where she was like "WE'RE not the ones who called him a runaway, the person who reported it was." or something to that effect. I was like, daaaaaannnnng. I LOVE her BTW. Can i post this pic here?

Attachments

• IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Ahhh, running through the garage to escape!!! Great point! We live in CO & our garage is insulated and I can't walk out there in winter without shoes/slippers, floor is freezing!! Besides, someone helping clean up the garage in bare feet doesn't make sense..even for a kid! But if you had to run in there unexpectantly, now that's another story! Also adding that our garage has a door into the house & also into the backyard....you know, if you were trying to get out of the house quickly, into the backyard to escape through a side gate?!?!
I have a mental picture of this playing out and it just breaks my heart. Try to stay clear and detached so as to be objective but this is haunting. I do think LS tried to explain away evidence in advance and that exposes what truly happened to Gannon. IMO

Ok pure speculation, and maybe already considered... But what if Gannon was injured/sick and TS feared taking him to a ER or urgent care in fear they would suspect abuse. They question children even for innocent injuries... So she decided to self treat him, possibly stopping at a store that sells livestock or pet medication. Maybe they were sifting the snow to find medical supplies; a syringe, vial, bandages etc. Possibly a witness observed someone bandaging a child along the road? While out, he passes away. She disposes of him and has to make up a story. Returning home alone.

That was one speculation, another one being a purposeful injection... Unknown if anyone is diabetic in the household, but a large dose of insulin would kill someone.

My third speculation....and far fetched. But sold or gave him to a sex or drug trafficker. (I recently met with a woman who had been sold as a child which made me consider this..) Maybe TS grabbed a duffel bag and told him he was going to an unknown relatives house, met someone while out and passed him off to them. Returning home alone with a made up story of his disappearance.

Sorry if these have been considered, and all just speculations. Nothing makes sense with this case! Hopefully Gannon is found and returned home alive!!

This is what I have been marinating on regarding the video and LE commenting or not on it. Hope I can convey it well.

TS claimed early on that she and her family were receiving death threats.
I am certain LE has eyes on her SM and SM in general and have seen how many people are pointing at her for this.
They also have seen her statement about all that has been "cleared" with regard to the video, timeline, etc.

Yet they remain silent. They haven't taken the path of going public to tell the public anything that would result in people backing off of her or doing anything to keep her "safe" if she is really in fear for her life.

Granted they haven't officially cleared anyone or made official statements regarding the parents, either. But this is just very curious to me that they won't tell people to get off the crazy train regarding anything.

I admire (even if it drives me crazy) how much they are keeping quiet. But I did find it interesting that they have said nothing to sort of protect TS in light of it all.

You took the words out of my mouth!! I am unfortunately thinking about her odd back of the head interview constantly today. As much as I don't want to I am going to listen and take notes for things she said. The gate is driving me batty and might be nothing but was odd IMO.

It also bothers me to no end that she claims to not know the names of any of Gannon's friends. They've lived there for two years and she's never even heard him mention the name of a friend or had a friend to their house? My son always says, "mom, I'm going to play with so and so..." If I don't know "so and so" I'll ask who they are and where they live. She's one of his primary caregivers, the only primary caregiver a lot of the time, in the very least there is something very irresponsible about her not having his friends' info. And if she truly does not know it then it proves she does not care about Gannon or what goes on in his life. My son talks to me nonstop about what happened at school with this kid and that, and shows me their tik tok videos on repeat until I want to rip out my hair. His friends come over and I interact with them (mostly regarding food and what are they getting out of the fridge now???).

Again, sorry for the rant. I haven't been so emotionally invested in a missing child/person/murder since Caylee. Everything happened while I was off work for pregnancy and maternity leave, now my baby is 10. I can't wrap my head around the actions of these women who call themselves a "mother" when a child is the least of their concerns.
Whatever happened to Gannon was terrifying for him. My heart aches for Landon, and I admire her restraint.

All my opinion only.

RSBM

SAME. I am 100 % with you on this aspect of it. How on earth can she be totally in the dark about these things yet put herself on some pedestal for how she took care of him?!? Does not compute. Well, anyway, I think she is a total liar and there was no friend. Ever.

And I am also totally with you on the emotional investment part. 100%

Just a thought, if Gannon accidentally cut his foot, what might forensic evidence look like? However, if he cut his foot running barefoot through the garage while trying to escape, perhaps out and through a locked gate, then what would forensic evidence look like?

Or bled from another type of injury on another part of his body, IMO.

Sorry if I am being dense, but is the TS "exclusive" with Nicole F. new or just her written statement that hit the news last week (I think?)

Agree. Too many eyes in a neighborhood like that.

Agreed... we live in a similar neighborhood. In fact, the houses look so much like the houses in my neighborhood that I wonder if it was the same builder.

Just about every house in my neighborhood has security cameras. It doesn't mean Gannon's neighborhood is fully of security cameras, but I wouldn't be surprised if LE has received quite a bit of security footage from the neighbors.

I expect there were other issues at play, with the main point being GS disappeared on SM's watch and given LH's current state I doubt she'd want SM in the same neighborhood, much less the same house.

We have no idea of the AS-SM-children family dynamic but we might assume they experience ups and downs as do any other, details and intricacies aside. We do not know if their situation extended beyond 'acceptable' norms; if they did then there would be more than one person to blame for allowing it.
Absolutely. I don't blame them. Here's a strange deal. This guy is bad news bears. He was arrested Sunday night 10 miles from GS home. The night of the alleged candle situation. Kinda crazy...

1. Timeline has always bothered me. I've wondered more than once if something happened to him Sunday. I've just leaned towards the side that she probably had something to do with it.
2. Idk why I can't let it go about the darn gate. It bugs me. I wish someone other than her confirmed that he is the one responsible for the gate key. I find it really odd. Something happened at the gate IMO.
3. Dad's reaction to the video. It was reported that he said "she lied".

Still so many holes from what we know though. Then add the cars, airport, and absolutely odd behavior. As much as I don't want to watch the back of her head and listen to her again maybe I need to go back and take notes during the video. Ugh. Lol

Arrest of Attempted Murder Suspect Randy Bishop

1 of Colorado's most wanted caught; new documents spell out details of Randy Bishop arrest in Colorado Springs

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
Something happened in that garage and at that gate. IMO

That's what I think I see too, but I never saw anything similar in evidence harvesting or removal?
They would use stronger storage boxes, plastic or something durable for many exhibits..
Unless, it was some type of testing materials, a box of plastic seal able bags or transparencies..

At this stage of the investigation anything , even a pebble is a source for my demented speculation.
JMO

RE: what was the CSI carrying in.....looked like 2-3 brown cardboard boxes and a black bag. Honestly, the only thing I have seen turned in for exam in a black bag is bedding. As for the boxes, I'm thinking it MIGHT, MIGHT, MIGHT be used for something hard, heavy but appears to contain evidence. NOTE: I said MIGHT because anything in the evidence container world can contain anything.

MOO,MOO

I'm really not one to beat a dead horse, so I'll reply then go back to reading/lurking. :)

I don't think the neighbor lied about what he saw, and I don't think he lied about AS crying. I don't think LE lied, but I do think it's possible a reporter misconstrued LE's statement so that it sounded more like an endorsement of the neighbor's statements than it was meant to be.

I think the video gives the impression she came home alone. But on closer look, I think it's possible (but of course not proven) that GS exited on the passenger side, touching his foot down near the back tire, and stepping immediately away toward the garage.

I do think that someone afraid of being hurt will move as quickly as they can to escape. And I don't think absence of neighborhood video is proof that it didn't happen (just as absence of murder-in-the-truck doesn't prove it didn't happen that way, either.)

Thanks to those who engage without snark & eyerolls! You're my favorites! :)
I’ve never thought the neighbor lied, or that police weighed in whatsoever on the video. I think all the ‘didn’t dispute it” stuff is embellished or incorrectly perceived. I think all that’s done is cause unnecessary speculation about a lot of nothing.

I have no theories about what was done to Gannon. I just think that what the neighbor saw on a better video than we saw trumps guesses about shadows. The rest is details, but I can’t see her making a body go away between 2:15 p.m. and 6:55 p.m. when she called LE And I don’t think he ran away or a dark man showed up. Because she wouldn’t be mentioning gates and blood.

I would think that if they went out and he came home and it happened later, she would have been honest about that because it was proof of life on that part of the timeline. “Gannon was ok, we went shopping...” That would help, not hurt her.

I know that LE & Dan May have got this and I'm desperately trying to remember that and be patient!! Aside from Gannon being found (that's #1 for all of us,) if you could have just ONE specific piece of info/evidence at this point, what would it be?

The rest is details, but I can’t see her making a body go away between 2:15 p.m. and 6:55 p.m. when she called LE And I don’t think he ran away or a dark man showed up. Because she wouldn’t be mentioning gates and blood.

I would think that if they went out and he came home and it happened later, she would have been honest about that because it was proof of life on that part of the timeline. “Gannon was ok, we went shopping...” That would help, not hurt her.

Yes! And I would have to wonder how the sisters would be in play if TS was dealing with GS in the afternoon....???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298