Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we’re just going to assume that he told the father what he saw, and he’s an insensitive attention seeker?
Yeah, lol. But not a kidnapper. It wasn't his place to inform the world that in his opinion the stepmother drugged the boy, which is what the obvious implication was. I don't think he analyzed the shadows, either, but I can't fault him too much for that as I didn't see it either at first. But he should have waited for LE to do the analysis before telling the media. Yes, I know we haven't seen the rest of that particular video. And, he may be sitting on info re night tapes, shared only with LE. IMO.

bbm

Imagine that, a relative stranger telling the father of a child that his child "looked drugged" while both were watching the child.

I'm not claiming that's what occurred, I don't believe it did, but the thought of such a scene makes me chuckle at its oblivious nature.
He was their next door neighbor - not sure relative stranger is an accurate description of him IMO

I wouldn't give an 11-year old the only key either. But I've found some supposedly thoughtful parents do lots of things I'd never do.

We don't which side of the gate has the lock and we don't know if the garbage cans were kept behind the gate. That makes sense but we don't know that. For example, we know they have dogs. If one was a garbage fiend and the dogs are often left in the fenced yard unattended, it might mean the cans are kept in the garage. We just don't know.

Different topic--- it surprises me the kids played in the front yard. Looks like it's all concrete and gravel to me. Is there something like a basketball net there?

Also do we know if video captured either of the sisters arriving home on Monday?
Thanks
JMO
<modsnip> He’s probably in charge of putting the garbage out and has been trusted to keep the key all by himself, since he’s not a toddler. It’s a pretty low risk way to make a boy feel important in the household. I mean, if he does misplace it, you cut the old padlock w your bolt cutters and replace it w a new $6 padlock set. I agree it’s possibly significant that she brought it up, but in and of itself his having the only key us nothing to clutch our pearls over. My 10 year old boy has even greater things entrusted to him. It teaches responsibility and helps them contribute to the workings of household. Want to turn a boy into a man? Put him in charge of something important. Then watch him rise to the challenge!

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole thing is that LS lied. Gannon didn't come home with her and therefore never left to go to a friends.
That lie and that video says it.
I'm not sure what she did do, but I doubt she handed him off to anybody. I do believe she and she alone has all the answers. This feels like the Kyron Horman case to me.

Last edited:
If LE felt a need to show GS' gait and general movements to the general public I expect they would have asked the family to provide video(s).

IMO, LE chose not to because GS' gait and general movements are not necessary elements to identify him; various photos are enough to do the trick.

I strongly believe that if LE had a photo or video of GS as he was leaving, they would get that out to the public immediately.

The upside would be that the public would be able to see him exactly as he was when he left - clothes, gait, haircut, backpack or not, etc. Imagine what a difference it would make to people looking for him if they knew exactly what to look for.

What would be the downside of doing this? I can’t think of anything at all.

MOO

There are so many similarities with regard to video debates like there was with the Watts case.

Both homes had ring doorbell cameras, and neither provided any alibi/proof that the victim left the house through the front door after the person last seen with them claims they disappeared.

We know CW’s doorbell cam worked. We saw video of Shanaan coming home the night/early morning hours before she was murdered. In my searches, I never saw any other footage from that camera. I don’t know why-perhaps he disabled it and said it wasn’t working, or deleted the videos and they could not be retrieved, or there simply wasn’t any more video relevant to the case. I didn’t follow closely enough to know, aside from searching MSM/YT to see if anyone else discuss this at the time.

I have been wondering this whole time where the ring footage is from LS’s doorbell cam. If they left and came home through the front door, or any part of the home that would be caught on that camera, I believe LS would broadcast it everywhere proving her case.

Perhaps they left and she returned through the garage, avoiding the doorbell camera altogether.

I believe this is the simple reason for her bringing up the gate, to explain why Gannon wasn’t seen leaving through the front door after he allegedly asked to go to a friend’s house. As for the key, maybe they said “well the gate is locked” and she said “yeah well he has the key”, and she had gotten rid of the key to make this runaway story work.

So many similarities with Watts. I wouldn’t be surprised if even more similarities come out as this case progresses.

IMO JMO MOO

bbm
I can imagine her acting passive-aggressively more than just passive, as in not getting the medical attention Gannon needed, or as you suggested, leaving him somewhere in the cold and then blaming him for running away. She definitely seems like a cover your own *ss type of person, never admitting responsibility for anything. I don't think I will be surprised by anything we eventually find out, but I don't know enough about her to come to any conclusions yet. She seems kind of like one of my sisters - surrounded by chaos all the time and unaware that she is at the root of it.
(Thanks for noticing my 'lambs' user name, btw)
That is an intriguing possibility, seems plausible, but risky. GS would have to expire while rummaging around "somewhere in the cold" so he could not drop a dime on the situation if he were to be found.

The main issue is that "somewhere in the cold" would likely have to be a somewhat remote location, not close to housing or businesses; in essence, a wilderness or sorts... and it would draw suspicion as LE would attempt to ascertain how an 11-year-old could arrive to such a 'remote' (for lack of a better word) location. Mode of transportation, by whom and why?

The assumed motive in this case might be tricky to convince a GJ, but similarly worse situations likely have occurred for similar or lesser reasons: damaged something of value or simply coughed one too many times while being sick.

Yeah, lol. But not a kidnapper. It wasn't his place to inform the world that in his opinion the stepmother drugged the boy, which is what the obvious implication was. I don't think he analyzed the shadows, either, but I can't fault him too much for that as I didn't see it either at first. But he should have waited for LE to do the analysis before telling the media. Yes, I know we haven't seen the rest of that particular video. And, he may be sitting on info re night tapes, shared only with LE. IMO.
That’s his opinion, no one is taking that as gospel. I believe Gannon was injured, but that opinion has nothing to do with the video.

His video would have been clearer than a video of a video, and likely included audio. Regardless, I absolutely believe AS reacted as described, which is what matters.

I also believe that law enforcement described it “as the break we needed.”

I don’t believe Gannon left alive, and then returned as a shadow. I believe he left alive and is now very much dead.

I’m hoping someone will humor me here, let’s say Gannon did return alive, then what?

bbm

That is an intriguing possibility, seems plausible, but risky. GS would have to expire while rummaging around "somewhere in the cold" so he could not drop a dime on the situation if he were to be found.

The main issue is that "somewhere in the cold" would likely have to be a somewhat remote location, not close to housing or businesses; in essence, a wilderness or sorts... and it would draw suspicion as LE would attempt to ascertain how an 11-year-old could arrive to such a 'remote' (for lack of a better word) location. Mode of transportation, by whom and why?

The assumed motive in this case might be tricky to convince a GJ, but similarly worse situations likely have occurred for similar or lesser reasons: damaged something of value or simply coughed one too many times while being sick.

I wondered this same thing for 2 reasons - if there was indeed a backpack that morning and the hike the day before (scoping out the surroundings).

His video would have been clearer than a video of a video, and likely included audio. Regardless, I absolutely believe AS reacted as described, which is what matters.

I don’t believe Gannon left alive, and then returned as a shadow.

I’m hoping someone will humor me here, let’s say Gannon did return alive, then what?

My feelings as well.

I agree it’s possibly significant that she brought it up, but in and of itself his having the only key us nothing to clutch our pearls over.
sbm

I've been on WS for a long time.....this ain't a pearl-clutching crowd. We've seen it all, and we aren't gasping that a kid has a key, but are questioning the story.

jmo

if someone thought my child looked drugged, I'd sure want to know that, it's not an exact diagnosis, but it paints a picture. You see people who look drugged that are actually sick or tired or sleepy...I feel neighbor was expressing his alarm at what he perceived in a descriptive manner. MOO
LS said he didn't goto school because he wasn't feeling well. Imo the video backs this up. 1. He didn't go to school. 2. He wasn't feeling well.
The reasons why he wasn't feeling are what I want to know. Had she harmed him? (I strongly suspect so) How did his little sister get to school that day? Did LS drive her and leave Gannon home alone? Where was her older daughter that day? What time did she leave in the morning? My point is, if everyone left early in the morning to go to school and work, they may not have known Gannon's situation. They may not have seen him or heard him. Then, after the girls are out, what took until after 10:00 to leave the house? If Gannon was in an emergency situation, why so late in the morning to leave? Did she back the car up on the driveway because he maybe couldn't have made it all the way to the car in the street? jmo

Okay I don't see a man door for the garage. I know most do and in some places it's required by code but unless someone can find the building codes for this area at the time the house was built that says it's required I'm just gonna say it wasn't and that there's not a side door into the garage itself from behind the gate. The gate latch seems to have minimal space on the front so any lock would be on the back. Which makes sense to me. The one time in my life I had a gate that locked that wasn't part of chain link (where you could access it from both sides) the lock was inside the yard. Because you're locking people out and generally you aren't coming in that way when you have both a garage with an interior door and a front door all 3 lined up in a row.

Reminder: I am regrettably late to this set of threads. I have read a lot of the MSM and know a lot of the basics but some stuff, especially if it originated in social media and was never a headline, I don't know. I live in the next town over in SC from his bio-mom and while he has been in the news here it hasn't been constant updates. Mostly it's been he's missing, he has ties to this area, and a vigil. Additionally when Faye Swetlik went missing she took the top spot since she went missing in this state. Her updates were daily and pushed through their app to my phone. There hasn't been a major breaking news moment for Gannon since Faye's autopsy so I'm waiting to see if the next one gets similar treatment.

There's a lot that I think is going over my head. For one it took me until today to realize that "BM and BD" weren't 2 other people's initials and actually stood for Bio-Mom and Bio-Dad. From what I understand the home in Colorado contained Bio-Dad, Step-Momster, Step-Sister (a teen), Gannon (11) and a younger Bio-Sister (around 8). I also heard about another younger sibling who was under 2 but I believe that sibling is in the SC household (right?) Which is Bio-Mom. But I don't know about any step-parents or siblings there for sure.

And someone just came to my door so now that train of thought is completely derailed. The only thing I still remember is wondering what you all mean by "doorstepped" irt media?

That’s his opinion, no one is taking that as gospel. I believe Gannon was injured, but that opinion has nothing to do with the video.

I don’t believe Gannon left alive, and then returned as a shadow. I believe he left alive and is now very much dead.

BBM. Thank you. We might not feel strongly on that option but you're right - what if?

bbm

Well ... most of us are not 'chuckling' about this.
I don't find this case funny in the least.

And I'm certain Albert saw nothing worth laughing about.
He was distraught as any caring parent should be.
You need to think about what you're saying.

Thank you!! Heavens! I have a great interest in true crime as a whole as well and usually can distance myself from the emotional aspects of cases like this, which I think is often necessary when pondering and discussing cases. But I never could consider any aspect of a missing child something worth chuckling or LOLing about. SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298