Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More and more each day, I think this is going to turn out to be way more complicated then it seems. I totally see why lots of posters have concluded the stepmom is the answer, but...but... Cannot wait until we get to the bottom of this.

Oh, Gannon, how I ache for you.

I have so many daily responsibilities that I cannot keep up with every thread.

Every time I come to check in on your status and see that you are still missing, I could scream.

You deserve to be home. You deserve to be at peace.

Please, know that you are loved by so many people. We want to help bring you home.

There if no need to be afraid, young son....you deserve protection and love.

We are all here for you and want to be the guardians that help bring you home and to hear you tell you truth.

You have worth and deserved so much more.

More and more each day, I think this is going to turn out to be way more complicated then it seems. I totally see why lots of posters have concluded the stepmom is the answer, but...but... Cannot wait until we get to the bottom of this.
I keep going back to LE saying this is a “very, very, very complicated puzzle” I think there is much we don’t yet know here.

This is undoubtedly complicated, but I don’t think that means this is some sort of conspiracy, or involves an outsider.

What’s complicated, is filling in the gaps:

Where did she take Gannon?

Why did she take him there?

What exactly did she do to him?

Why did she do it?

That requires poring over video, cell phone data, witness statements, and probably countless other things.

It’s not easy when someone isn’t cooperating, and you have to build a case without their help.

Especially without a body.

So yeah, “complicated.”

I can just imagine her typing that out, smiling, thinking she had pulled one over on law enforcement.

Not only is she not as smart as she thinks she is, but she’s likely dumber than we can ever imagine.

I think we’re going to be blown away by her mistakes when the day comes, and Dan May makes his move.

Mistakes like being caught on camera (possibly from more than one angle/clearer view) coming home at 2:19 without Gannon, then a search is completed on Gannon’s phone about whether or not it could be tracked after 2:19.

edit to add: Along with a text to dad asking to go to a friend’s, but we was never home to send that text after 2:19.

And the pain of AS receiving that text, then seeing that video...sinks in, right now. His little boy was already gone. I cannot imagine his pain.

IMO

Last edited:
This is undoubtedly complicated, but I don’t think that means this is some sort of conspiracy, or involves an outsider.

Why did she do it?

That requires poring over video, cell phone data, witness statements, and probably countless other things.

It’s not easy when someone isn’t cooperating, and you have to build a case without their help.

So yeah, “complicated.”

To me, "complicated" from LE doesn't mean we know who did it and confirming the details is complicated. Time consuming, yes, complicted, no. For me, "complicated" implies that things are not necessarily what they seem to be on the surface. jmo

Just thinking in the abstract about where a crime could be committed/body hidden is one thing...stretching my mind to really imagine exactly HOW it may have been achieved is really painful and gut-wrenching.

I keep thinking that the easiest thing would be to walk a person up to a steep precipice, then push them off — especially if it’s an area of low visibility. But it would be a huge risk, because if someone saw it happen, you’d be toast. And how would you explain walking up to the edge to the victim? Hey, let’s take a quick hike in the middle of our shopping trip?

Whatever happened, my mind keeps going back to Gannon actually walking on his own two feet to the crime scene...I have a hard time seeing him being carried much of a distance.

Possibly killed in one place, then driven to an “easy to dump” location? Roll into ditch or ravine? Bury/cover with brush? Place in water? Any would carry a huge risk of being caught in the act, in the middle of the day, broad daylight. Even if there was a bag or container, lifting/carrying even 50 pounds would be very noticeable, let alone his weight. I’m in good shape, and believe me, the effort I would have to put into carrying a bag or tub that heavy would definitely catch the eye of anyone nearby.

Ugh...typing it out is even worse than thinking it. Poor Gannon, I hope he didn’t know what was coming. Because as much as I want him to be alive somewhere, I don’t think he is.

New here and completely baffled and upset about Gannon. I cannot stop thinking about this!

Did a little research since the gate issue keeps coming to my mind. The gate is relatively flush with the side of the home.. possibly a foot to a foot and a half from the front of the home, just enough room for the downspout and a little extra room where you can view siding. As I reviewed the footage from the Xfinity camera (MSM release) I find it hard to believe that he would have gotten through that gate without being seen some camera in the neighborhood. The home across the street from Gannon’s (per Sept 2019 Google maps) appears to have a ring doorbell with presumably a good view of this location...

Also, someone had posted a question pages earlier (I read a ton before posting!) about a garage access door. I found the floor plan layout for this model and compared it against google images and can say with certainty that there is no access door. Just the window from the master bathroom is visible in google images.

One thing I’d like to say, and I mean it very gently to all of my new WS friends, not as a lecture, God forbid, but only to prevent disruption to the GS investigation, is this:

I don’t think it’s constructive for people, especially people in other states and localities, but to some extent even local sleuths, to call in tips for LE to search Such and Such Pit, or Whatchamacallit Mine Shaft, or over there at Lake Imawhahatchee (etc, etc) based purely on the fact that you’re sitting in front of a Google map and it looks like a deep hole, or it looks to you like a sparsely populated area, or maybe you just have a damn hunch. I understand the urge to help, but truly, you’ve seen the report where Sgt Mynatt (or was it Kirby?) lamented the barrage of unfounded tips! She was saying that it took hours sometimes to vet each one. Some ignorant turd (not anyone here, of course) literally told them they should check every trunk in the city. They have to respond in some way to the tip, at least thoroughly vet and write a report explaining the choice to disregard it. They should go where the investigation leads, and the investigation is best driven by REAL, relevant tips based on somebody actually seeing or knowing something. Not just, “Hey, I see a big cliff on this map atop Mt McScratchit and I could really see TS using her 4wd to access it and her man-arms to pitch GS off. Now begin arranging the SAR unit to deploy and waste valuable resources checking out my hunch for no other reason than it’s a hunch.” Or “They have dogs and I see a Tails-n-Turds Dog Park near FakeName Trail, now it must be searched,” even though what you don’t see is that FakeName Trail is in a damn shopping plaza or that Tails-n-Turds closed down last year after a tapeworm epidemic, or some such thing you couldn’t tell from the map. I mean, yes, it’d truly be nice to snap our fingers and have them search every hidey hole in the Western States, but you must acknowledge the impossibility. So if they only end up realistically searching a small percentage of them, let’s allow only real tips to direct which ones they search. Not random map hunches. I beg you to consider that between all those professional SAR type agencies listed in the updates as partnering in this search , THEY KNOW ALL THE LOCAL HOLES, CLIFFS, CULVERTS, PONDS, AND MINESHAFTS ALREADY. They are aware of them all. I’ll close this by acknowledging what a good-hearted bunch of people you all seem to be. I’ve never seen anything like it online. I also see that most of this talk is just harmless banter between sleuths. But I’ve seen several posts that seemed to suggest calling it in, or already had. All MOO.

New here and completely baffled and upset about Gannon. I cannot stop thinking about this!

Did a little research since the gate issue keeps coming to my mind. The gate is relatively flush with the side of the home.. possibly a foot to a foot and a half from the front of the home, just enough room for the downspout and a little extra room where you can view siding. As I reviewed the footage from the Xfinity camera (MSM release) I find it hard to believe that he would have gotten through that gate without being seen some camera in the neighborhood. The home across the street from Gannon’s (per Sept 2019 Google maps) appears to have a ring doorbell with presumably a good view of this location...

Also, someone had posted a question pages earlier (I read a ton before posting!) about a garage access door. I found the floor plan layout for this model and compared it against google images and can say with certainty that there is no access door. Just the window from the master bathroom is visible in google images.

Dear @Dangermouse35,

Great first post!

Welcome to Websleuths! So glad you are here.

One thing I’d like to say, and I mean it very gently to all of my new WS friends, not as a lecture, God forbid, but only to prevent disruption to the GS investigation, is this:

I don’t think it’s constructive for people, especially people in other states and localities, but to some extent even local sleuths, to call in tips for LE to search Such and Such Pit, or Whatchamacallit Mine Shaft, or over there at Lake Imawhahatchee (etc, etc) based purely on the fact that you’re sitting in front of a Google map and it looks like a deep hole, or it looks to you like a sparsely populated area, or maybe you just have a damn hunch. I understand the urge to help, but truly, you’ve seen the report where Sgt Mynatt (or was it Kirby?) lamented the barrage of unfounded tips! She was saying that it took hours sometimes to vet each one. Some ignorant turd (not anyone here, of course) literally told them they should check every trunk in the city. They have to respond in some way to the tip, at least thoroughly vet and write a report explaining the choice to disregard it. They should go where the investigation leads, and the investigation is best driven by REAL, relevant tips based on somebody actually seeing or knowing something. Not just, “Hey, I see a big cliff on this map atop Mt McScratchit and I could really see TS using her 4wd to access it and her man-arms to pitch GS off. Now begin arranging the SAR unit to deploy and waste valuable resources checking out my hunch for no other reason than it’s a hunch.” Or “They have dogs and I see a Tails-n-Turds Dog Park near FakeName Trail, now it must be searched,” even though what you don’t see is that FakeName Trail is in a damn shopping plaza or that Tails-n-Turds closed down last year after a tapeworm epidemic, or some such thing you couldn’t tell from the map. I mean, yes, it’d truly be nice to snap our fingers and have them search every hidey hole in the Western States, but you must acknowledge the impossibility. So if they only end up realistically searching a small percentage of them, let’s allow only real tips to direct which ones they search. Not random map hunches. I beg you to consider that between all those professional SAR type agencies listed in the updates as partnering in this search , THEY KNOW ALL THE LOCAL HOLES, CLIFFS, CULVERTS, PONDS, AND MINESHAFTS ALREADY. They are aware of them all. I’ll close this by acknowledging what a good-hearted bunch of people you all seem to be. I’ve never seen anything like it online. I also see that most of this talk is just harmless banter between sleuths. But I’ve seen several posts that seemed to suggest calling it in, or already had. All MOO.
Oh I couldn’t agree more. The tips they want are specific, and relate to what someone may have seen or found.

Not search suggestions, a feeling someone has, or rumors on social media.

Got video, send it. Spotted something that day, call it in. Those are the high quality tips they need.

Dear @ColoFarmer,

Well said!!

This is such important advice for this case and for every case!

Why did she do it?

So yeah, “complicated.”
Yes, indeed! When lying liars can't stop lying, it does complicate things. I do wonder how many anonymous "tips" were sent in to LE to help complicate things even further. I can think of one individual in particular, who seems to think she can outsmart everyone, that might just do something like that :rolleyes: No worries though, because she ain't anywhere near as smart as she thinks she is :) TS, meet PF!

That is what I call her red vehicle. Am I incorrect?

Well, yes and no. I suppose it is commonly called “a 4wd,” so I think I understand you now. My point is that “driving a 4wd” does not equal “using 4wd,” as you had said she “used 4wd,” if that makes sense. I’m not saying she necessarily didn’t use 4wd, I’m just saying that we shouldn’t assume she did either just because the truck is capable of it. Most drivers of “4wd” trucks aren’t “using 4wd” probably 99.9999% of the time they’re driving. It is However possible to engage the feature and accidentally forget to disengage, which would be obvious to the next person who started it, (maybe LE) and so I thought maybe you were saying that LE knew something like that had happened based on their findings Many years ago that happened to me (well, the reverse actually). I hopped into one of my husband’s trucks after he had left the 4wd engaged, but I didn’t know it. It sounded terrible on the highway and felt like it was growling along, and steering was different. He about hit the roof when he figured out the problem. Apparently going over 30 or 40 mph with the 4wd engaged is a big no-no and could’ve been about a $10K mistake. Hope that illustrates the difference between using 4wd and simply driving a 4wd. For everyday driving only two wheels are powered, usually the rear, and the front two just spin freely. Very different than when all four turn on. It would’ve indicated she’d been on trickier terrain, and so that would’ve meant something. Sorry for the mix-up.

I can't help feeling that we're missing something so close to home here. Gawd, I want so badly for Gannon to be found alive and well, and placed back into the loving arms of his family so bad that I'm sleuthing folks that have not been named as POI's. Of course, no one has officially been named as one, so...there's that. I will say though, we've heard from two of their close neighbors so far, RD & MW (RD who lives a door down from the Stauch's, and MW who lives right door). There's a neighbor, between RD and the Stauch's home that I don't believe we've heard from or about. That's not to say they have anything to hide, just curious is all. Ugh ...

Just thinking in the abstract about where a crime could be committed/body hidden is one thing...stretching my mind to really imagine exactly HOW it may have been achieved is really painful and gut-wrenching.

I keep thinking that the easiest thing would be to walk a person up to a steep precipice, then push them off — especially if it’s an area of low visibility. But it would be a huge risk, because if someone saw it happen, you’d be toast. And how would you explain walking up to the edge to the victim? Hey, let’s take a quick hike in the middle of our shopping trip?

Whatever happened, my mind keeps going back to Gannon actually walking on his own two feet to the crime scene...I have a hard time seeing him being carried much of a distance.

Possibly killed in one place, then driven to an “easy to dump” location? Roll into ditch or ravine? Bury/cover with brush? Place in water? Any would carry a huge risk of being caught in the act, in the middle of the day, broad daylight. Even if there was a bag or container, lifting/carrying even 50 pounds would be very noticeable, let alone his weight. I’m in good shape, and believe me, the effort I would have to put into carrying a bag or tub that heavy would definitely catch the eye of anyone nearby.

Ugh...typing it out is even worse than thinking it. Poor Gannon, I hope he didn’t know what was coming. Because as much as I want him to be alive somewhere, I don’t think he is.

Edited: Deleted Double post
BBM

It was as upsetting to read as I'm sure it was for you to type it. The past couple days have hit me particularly hard for Gannon. I think of my own children. I think of how trusting a child is and how eager they are to please, especially if they think they've done something to upset a parent/SM. It brings me to tears every time I think of him just wanting to please SM and do what she asked.

So let's SPECULATE, if you were a kid & you knew you'd done something (accidentally) to upset your (step) parent, you'd do what you were asked so she'd stop "punishing" you and being angry. And if you'd been hiking with her the day before and as she said, "hey buddy, we had a rough night last night. I have a cool spot I want to show you. Let's go so we can both cool off and feel better." What would you do? Oh and I forgot to add that said step parent took your phone away as a punishment for what you'd done (accidentally) the night before. Would you go for the hike to see this cool new spot?....Just a hypothetical speculation. :(:(:(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member