Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
which vehicle or vehicles were at the property when LE arrived on the night of January 27?
An early report stated they had moved a car from the garage to look around. Which car?

The only car I've ever seen in the garage is the white one (Jetta I think.) It's in one of the pics from news coverage. I'll add it here if I find it. In looking at pics of the garage, the left bay is the only place a car can be parked (right bay full of stuff.)

Although I believe this was premeditated, I think she was still backed into a corner.

When I say “backed into a corner,” I’m referring to what precipitated all of this, which I think was an act of extreme abuse.

Once she decided to kill him to cover it up, there was still no way to pull it off undetected.

She didn’t have the time to sell some sort of accident, and went with the runaway scenario because it was the easiest.

The problem she encountered, was that there was just no way she could leave with Gannon, not return with him, and not have it spotted on camera.

That process still had to happen, as a kid can’t “run away,” if his body is still there.

She committed a crime, and tried to cover it up by committing a bigger crime.

She never stood a chance.

I wouldn’t be shocked if she was caught on multiple cameras, and we just don’t know about it.

It’s not as easy to get away with murder as it used to be, which is something TS is going to find out the hard way.

Hopefully soon.
Do you have any sense it was pre-meditated for quite some time?

I think you’re more than likely right about much of it.
Im curious what do you make of the cut-foot-garage patch-up part?

I lean more toward she injured him internally. His conditioned worsened over time until he was vomiting blood in the garage. She took him out with her knowing she had to do something. I feel like maybe he died in the truck while she was shopping, or that he cane near to dying, and she had to dump him somewhere, dead or nearly deAd, to not be found out.

BBM to show agreement

Do you have any sense it was pre-meditated for quite some time?
No. I think this was all planned in a matter of hours, in an effort to save her own skin.

My reasoning is based on non MSM stuff though.

Basically I think she lost her temper, and took it out on Gannon. Then she hatched the murder plot.

The only car I've ever seen in the garage is the white one (Jetta I think.) It's in one of the pics from news coverage. I'll add it here if I find it. In looking at pics of the garage, the left bay is the only place a car can be parked (right bay full of stuff.)
I know right bay is full of stuff but is it so because LE were in there and going through everything in an effort to explore the floor area as opposed to it being like that all the time?

No. I think this was all planned in a matter of hours, in an effort to save her own skin.

My reasoning is based on non MSM stuff though.

Basically I think she lost her temper, and took it out on Gannon. Then she hatched the murder plot.

Agree. I'm not a law expert so how long does someone have to plan something for it to be considered pre-meditated? Just thought about before doing?

I would say the initial abuse was not, but the cover-up that followed was.

Well, yes and no. I suppose it is commonly called “a 4wd,” so I think I understand you now. My point is that “driving a 4wd” does not equal “using 4wd,” as you had said she “used 4wd,” if that makes sense. I’m not saying she necessarily didn’t use 4wd, I’m just saying that we shouldn’t assume she did either just because the truck is capable of it. Most drivers of “4wd” trucks aren’t “using 4wd” probably 99.9999% of the time they’re driving. It is However possible to engage the feature and accidentally forget to disengage, which would be obvious to the next person who started it, (maybe LE) and so I thought maybe you were saying that LE knew something like that had happened based on their findings Many years ago that happened to me (well, the reverse actually). I hopped into one of my husband’s trucks after he had left the 4wd engaged, but I didn’t know it. It sounded terrible on the highway and felt like it was growling along, and steering was different. He about hit the roof when he figured out the problem. Apparently going over 30 or 40 mph with the 4wd engaged is a big no-no and could’ve been about a $10K mistake. Hope that illustrates the difference between using 4wd and simply driving a 4wd. For everyday driving only two wheels are powered, usually the rear, and the front two just spin freely. Very different than when all four turn on. It would’ve indicated she’d been on trickier terrain, and so that would’ve meant something. Sorry for the mix-up.

I think for the truck they have, it's fine going as fast as you want. Over 55 or 45 or whatever is definitely true for older trucks and even some SUV's. I had a late 90's ford I couldn't go over 50 in 4wd with. Had a mid 2000's F250 that had a death wobble at highway speeds, but also a 2009 gmc 1500 that was fine going 75 in 4wd. With newer trucks, the big thing is you lose handling the faster you go in 4wd, so they may recommend you go slower but it won't tear the truck apart. You also probably don't want to engage 4wd over 55mph, and anyone getting in a truck and trying to back out or turn would definitely feel 4wd is engaged.

But IMO, her taking the truck that day wasn't to drive it in 4wd at higher speeds - the weather was fine. She also didn't put anything in the bed, so storage wasn't an issue. The truck was raised, and areas could be wet, so I think she was going at least to a dirt road, if not more off road terrain. That truck isn't a mudding truck, but just to get the job done without getting stuck, it was a better option than her SUV.

Last edited:
It’s a possible explanation to her use of the word “accident.” Sickens me to picture it either way. So disturbing.
Ita !

And, TS will never ever be able to 'sell' this as an "accident" ; imo.
B/c you don't 'disappear' someone over an honest accident.
My .02 is that there are injuries on his little body that will not be easy to explain.
Please, please, let LE find him soon before evidence is lost.

I admit it enrages me to think his final hours and minutes may have been spent in pain and no one to comfort him as his parents didn't even know what was happening. :mad:

I don’t know. It’s a valid question You’re asking. I hope I didn’t offend you. Let’s explore it together. Usually when I choose the truck over my other vehicle it’s because i want to haul something in the bed. Sometimes it’s because I’m going to put something dirty or bloody in it (fishing, working, hunting), and I can just spray it all clean in the car wash. Recently I chose to take the truck simply because my other vehicle plates had expired. It truly has rarely been a choice made solely on the 4wd capacity. But that is also because in my case the other choice is an SUV that also has 4wd if I needed it. Maybe in her case she did choose it for the 4wd. But it maybe there’s another reason. To not be recognized? other car low on gas, didn’t want to fuel up? Couldn’t find her other keys? Just brainstorming.
I'm voting for the reason another poster brought up a few pages ago -- she took the truck because she thought if her SUV was in the driveway, neighbors would assume she was home all day. JMO.

Agree. I'm not a law expert so how long does someone have to plan something for it to be considered pre-meditated?

I would say the initial abuse was not, but the cover-up that followed was. Albeit hasty.

Premeditation can occur in seconds. I don’t think they’ll have any problem here, especially if she did anything before the fact to plan for the crime. For example, loading her vehicle with supplies, or shutting her phone off.

There will likely be no shortage of examples that show that she planned to kill Gannon.

I don’t think it matters legally though, because of his age. Even if she killed him during an act of abuse, she’s still looking at life in jail.

ETA: Yup
  • Killing a child under 12 years old when the person was in a position of trust with the victim (Abusing a child to death).
  • Colorado First-Degree Murder

One thing I’d like to say, and I mean it very gently to all of my new WS friends, not as a lecture, God forbid, but only to prevent disruption to the GS investigation, is this:

I don’t think it’s constructive for people, especially people in other states and localities, but to some extent even local sleuths, to call in tips for LE to search Such and Such Pit, or Whatchamacallit Mine Shaft, or over there at Lake Imawhahatchee (etc, etc) based purely on the fact that you’re sitting in front of a Google map and it looks like a deep hole, or it looks to you like a sparsely populated area, or maybe you just have a damn hunch. I understand the urge to help, but truly, you’ve seen the report where Sgt Mynatt (or was it Kirby?) lamented the barrage of unfounded tips! She was saying that it took hours sometimes to vet each one. Some ignorant turd (not anyone here, of course) literally told them they should check every trunk in the city. They have to respond in some way to the tip, at least thoroughly vet and write a report explaining the choice to disregard it. They should go where the investigation leads, and the investigation is best driven by REAL, relevant tips based on somebody actually seeing or knowing something. Not just, “Hey, I see a big cliff on this map atop Mt McScratchit and I could really see TS using her 4wd to access it and her man-arms to pitch GS off. Now begin arranging the SAR unit to deploy and waste valuable resources checking out my hunch for no other reason than it’s a hunch.” Or “They have dogs and I see a Tails-n-Turds Dog Park near FakeName Trail, now it must be searched,” even though what you don’t see is that FakeName Trail is in a damn shopping plaza or that Tails-n-Turds closed down last year after a tapeworm epidemic, or some such thing you couldn’t tell from the map. I mean, yes, it’d truly be nice to snap our fingers and have them search every hidey hole in the Western States, but you must acknowledge the impossibility. So if they only end up realistically searching a small percentage of them, let’s allow only real tips to direct which ones they search. Not random map hunches. I beg you to consider that between all those professional SAR type agencies listed in the updates as partnering in this search , THEY KNOW ALL THE LOCAL HOLES, CLIFFS, CULVERTS, PONDS, AND MINESHAFTS ALREADY. They are aware of them all. I’ll close this by acknowledging what a good-hearted bunch of people you all seem to be. I’ve never seen anything like it online. I also see that most of this talk is just harmless banter between sleuths. But I’ve seen several posts that seemed to suggest calling it in, or already had. All MOO.
Agree completely. I'm pretty sure they can access google maps. What a huge waste of time for law enforcement. I believe in one of the most recent statements from EPSO they requested to be notified of credible tips. Emphasis on the CREDIBLE.

I'm voting for the reason another poster brought up a few pages ago -- she took the truck because she thought if her SUV was in the driveway, neighbors would assume she was home all day. JMO.

That's one of those things you say "she can't be that dumb, that's like 3rd grade crime level thinking". But then I look at all the other stuff she's done publically, as well as LE's public communication, and I think she could definitely be that naive.

I think for the truck they have, it's fine going as fast as you want. Over 55 or 45 or whatever is definitely true for older trucks and even some SUV's. I had a late 90's ford I couldn't go over 50 in 4wd with. Had a mid 2000's F250 that had a death wobble at highway speeds, but also a 2009 gmc 1500 that was fine going 75 in 4wd. With newer trucks, the big thing is you lose handling the faster you go in 4wd, so they may recommend you go slower but it won't tear the truck apart. You also probably don't want to engage 4wd over 55mph, and anyone getting in a truck and trying to back out or turn would definitely feel 4wd is engaged.

But IMO, her taking the truck that day wasn't to drive it in 4wd at higher speeds - the weather was fine. She also didn't put anything in the bed, so storage wasn't an issue. The truck was raised, and areas could be wet, so I think she was going at least to a dirt road, if not more off road terrain. That truck isn't a mudding truck, but just to get the job done without getting stuck, it was a better option than her SUV.
I think it's a terrain clue as well.

Excellent insight. Death wobble o_O sounds about right from my experience. Also, yes, backing out of a parking spot and doing slow tight lot maneuvers was the weirdest feeling. You totally nailed it.

I think it's a terrain clue as well.

Most SUV's (especially the one that is in the driveway) are AWD, which is a totally different beast than 4WD. 4WD gives you several torque options and control options for terrain driving as well as whatever AWD can give you. AWD is mostly automatic where you don't control it, your car does. Going to questionable roads you'd absolutely choose a 4WD truck over an AWD SUV, even though they may both sound the same at face value. Without anything else to go off (like stuff in the back), I think you're right and it was a choice based on destination terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moondashiie