Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for replying! Everything I’ve read so far makes me believe if there were fatal injuries (I believe something did happen) could they have happened as early as Sunday night? It seems he would not have lasted that long although I know every situation is different. I just wonder if initially she may have kept him home not knowing he was going to die.
That could well be the truth... she could have known how seriously injured he was and decided keeping him alive or getting him to critical care would have incriminated her.

I’m not a fan of the theory that she injured him so severely on Sunday, that he succumbed to his injuries on Monday.

Logically, that does make a hell of a lot of sense. An act of abuse goes too far, and a child dies (we see that a lot on here).

What troubles me, is that he’d have to be well enough to walk to the vehicle, and then die at some point over the next few hours.

Then we have TS apparently trying to account for blood in the garage. So we’re talking about violence that not only causes internal injuries, but external ones as well.

That’s why I’m still leaning towards murder to cover up abuse, as opposed to an act of abuse that directly resulted in Gannon’s death (albeit delayed).

It’s incredibly unusual, but I think it fits better with what we know.

Last edited:
Not to give that woman in Kelsey’s case credit but she was instrumental in getting the conviction, imo. I am not so sure that whatever happened to Gannon is known by more than one person. If not, it could be that much more difficult to make a case if he is not found. Jmo

BBM
Maybe not ALL of it, but enough to fill in some crucial missing pieces.

Praying that SOMEONE has a soul and a conscience in this case, because T obviously doesn't :(:(

I’m leaning towards murder bc TS acts so damn crazy that I think she’s just the type of psycho that would kill a kid over jealousy of her man. I also think if it were truly an accident of abuse going too far she would have been more likely to crack w guilt and tell the truth by now. She could have lawyered up and tried to work a less than LWOP deal and provide location of body if it was not premeditated.

Listen to the second video at the link. I didn't recall RD saying what he said. There is also a copy of the misleading FB post from TS.
Surveillance footage could provide clues in search for missing El Paso County boy

The night photo's you are referring to are at 1:22 in the video at link.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office gets new evidence in search for missing 11-year-old boy

I hadn’t caught that before either. He accuses her:

“On the video she was saying Gannon come home. It’s like, you know where he is because you took him some place. So you know where he’s at. Don’t come home, tell us where he is.”

I’m not a fan of the theory that she injured him so severely on Sunday, that he succumbed to his injuries on Monday.

Logically, that does make a hell of a lot of sense. An act of abuse goes too far, and a child dies (we see that a lot on here).

What troubles me, is that he’d have to be well enough to walk to the vehicle, and then die at some point over the next few hours.

Then we have TS apparently trying to account for blood in the garage. So we’re talking about violence that not only causes internal injuries, but external ones as well.

That’s why I’m still leaning towards murder to cover up abuse, as opposed to an act of abuse that directly resulted in Gannon’s death (albeit delayed).

MOO

Maybe the 'cover up' goes beyond just covering for 'abuse'. Maybe a someone needed money and that someone sold a someone else... as selling a, let's say, sofa just wouldn't bring in as much cash as may have been desired.

Think: sex-trafficking.

MOO

MOO

Maybe the 'cover up' goes beyond just covering for 'abuse'. Maybe a someone needed money and that someone sold a someone else... as selling a, let's say, sofa just wouldn't bring in as much cash as may have been desired.

Think: sex-trafficking.

MOO

A few problems with that, ignoring the biggest one (that sort of thing doesn’t happen with any regularity).

First, she has to know who to contact.

Secondly, she has to leave no trace of this contact (digital records, phone records, surveillance footage, witnesses, etc).

Third, Gannon not only wouldn’t have any value, but he would be a liability of epic proportions (the whole county is looking for him).

That’s why sex traffickers don’t kidnap kids (urban legends aside), and groom them instead. It’s far more insidious and effective.

When parents sell kids to predators (for drug money or whatever), they don’t immediately report them missing. That would be an act of sabotage for all involved.

So that doesn’t work for me.

Logically, that does make a hell of a lot of sense. An act of abuse goes to far, and a child dies (we see that a lot on here).

I agree. I think along with verbal abuse, the physical abuse started with a kick or hard blow to the abdomen/back to cause a ruptured spleen or other injury that would have internal bleeding. Fitting in with her M.O. of a word or two of truth surrounded by lies, "his stomach hurt." More abuse could've ensued throughout the night causing external injuries that would bleed. Or he coughed up blood. I don't think the garage was the only place LE found blood, but it was the only place that she thought she might not have cleaned well enough.
The injuries from Sunday night caused Gannon to walk "sluggishly" to the truck the next morning and then she drove this poor, sweet boy away and killed him.

Tears welling up again, oh PLEASE let Gannon be found!

Thank you! this is where I was heading also. I don’t think the (possible) injuries sustained Sunday did him in. I feel like she must have realized she was not getting out of this unscathed and decided it was worth the gamble to “disappear him”.
I think that she did whatever she did with premeditation.

I’m trying to reconcile him walking if the video date is correct- Running through scenarios that allow a child to walk and then be dead - I do believe she caused an injury at the home but he was able to walk - I’m now thinking maybe he did have an accident and she took advantage- I’m trying to reconcile him walking to the truck

Listen to the second video at the link. I didn't recall RD saying what he said. There is also a copy of the misleading FB post from TS.
Surveillance footage could provide clues in search for missing El Paso County boy

The night photo's you are referring to are at 1:22 in the video at link.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office gets new evidence in search for missing 11-year-old boy

Weird to quote myself but I wanted to get feedback on those night screen shots. They span from 9:36PM to 11:52PM, can anyone tell what they may be depicting and why?

Thoughts and prayers for Gannon and his family and friends.

Now for this evening's rambling thoughts ...

TS is the obvious suspect for many reasons. She claims to be last one to see Gannon before he'd gone missing (interview w/LS), Gannon appears to leave with TS, Gannon does not appear to return with LS (DR's video surveillance camera footage - although we're not certain of the date this footage was captured), several references to Gannon in the past tense (interview w/LS) but what proof do we really have against her? Sure, if we could her convict her based on character alone, it would be an open and shut case. IMO, she is simply not likeable person, due in large part to her own actions. But lets just take her out of the equation for a minute, was Gannon happy being away from his mom? Did he know someone with a car that could take him back home to SC? Did that someone take advantage of Gannon's trust and cause him harm along the way? We know Gannon was into video games and for those who don't know
he did have a YT channel with only one video posted of him playing Sonic
That account appears under his real name. Do we know if he's set up any other gaming video accounts? From what I've seen in the comments from his video, his friends are quite savvy when it comes to streaming their online activities. Their screenames may or may not actually reflect who they are IRL (in real life).

MOO

Last edited:
Weird to quote myself but I wanted to get feedback on those night screen shots. They span from 9:36PM to 11:52PM, can anyone tell what they may be depicting and why?

Well....you can't have stills from the night and also have video from daytime unless, only one of the two are released to the public.?! I'm a betting person, and I'll bet that Sunday night is on video as well....and because of that someone has some explaining to do. Who knows, she may have lawered up and isn't talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025