Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first case I’ve been on WS for and the first case I’ve followed closely. Is it usual for there to be almost nothing released by LE? Makes me think they have a lot of info and don’t need much public help.
I know it’s so complicated, I just wonder with cameras everywhere and a relatively short amount of time he wasn’t seen, why he hasn’t been found yet? I know LE is working so hard. I have a whole new appreciation for them after seeing them searching in those awful conditions day after day. Does anyone think he could possibly be alive somewhere? TS seems cunning. Maybe there is a second person involved. All I know for sure is that sweet boy deserves to come home. His parents and siblings and family deserve that. Breaks my heart daily.
I’ll upvote your sentiments here. LE and the other alphabets involved are working this case, whoever is involved will be going away for a long time... the last two high profile cases were solved and you can be damn sure they’re going for #3.

Yeah, I’m lost myself on what exactly she did to him.

That’s not to say I don’t believe that she killed him (I absolutely do), but this whole thing is incredibly odd (limited time in broad daylight).

I guess it’s possible that she went out and dug a grave on Sunday night, but that may be very difficult, if not impossible.

And it still doesn’t answer the question of how she killed him.

It's possible he may have died unexpectedly due to internal bleeding. She panicked, put him in a heavy trash bag, or suitcase, or some other container, and in a dumpster.

I get the feeling she has enough rage, anger, and resentment to do just that, then walk away saying to herself how glad she is that THAT problem has been taken care of.

I've also thought she abandoned him, while he was alive, but mortally wounded, and he stumbled around and then walked off several hundred yards, more or less, laid down and died, to be found near one of the search sites. The reason I say this is, the 105 search site involved a rather large area, a lot of it being on the other side of wire fencing, as though there was a good bit of movement by whoever was leaving evidence.

Lastly, she may have done a quick burial, in some softer, loamy, soil, in a wooded area, or simply covered him in a depression, with logs, branches, needles, and leaves.

Last edited:
I think SM is a Sociopath (I am not a doctor just opinion based on work in criminology) ....but crazy enough, outt mean she's automatically a child killer.

Although if she's innocent then she's definitely done all the wrong things to show that.

I'm not defending her, but I AM saying this still be an abduction...

I wonder how the first few days of viewing him
I’ll upvote your sentiments here. LE and the other alphabets involved are working this case, whoever is involved will be going away for a long time... the last two high profile cases were solved and you can be damn sure they’re going for #3.

They were very very tight lipped in Mollie Tibbets but they did at least publicly clear those closest to her.

If he was a runaway and got kidnapped while being abducted by somebody she told lE about from the outset, they would be the culprit, not her.
?
Tee-talk. JMO

Lordy, I'd have to believe all the crime lab activity IN THE HOME was a result of the phantom abductor having been in there?

There is literally NO sign of abduction, or passing off Gannon to someone else. That's all lies, from the lying liar, that lies.

All roads lead to a 't'.

I believe there was an accidental "incident" toward the beginning of this timespan and then the abuse started. I believe in one of his interviews RD also mentions something to the effect that his camera also picks up sound or has good sound quality. You know, like if someone flew off the handle and was verbally and physically abusing someone else? There could have been some loading of items in the truck the night before as well. MOO

"The eye in the sky, don't lie!"~R.D.
This

Referencing her return alone, RD also says ...”She locked the truck and went inside” Not certain if he saw her do this with the keys or heard the beeps.

Who thinks this case is slightly or even very premeditated, looking for the right time to strike, as opposed to an accident where someone acted quickly without forthought to cover it up? I am really curious what everyone thinks? Opinions are welcome.

ETA..it's not an easy question and I know this.
I think whatever happened was a spur of the moment type of action that was likely a lost temper, and he succumbed to his injuries the following day.
There was no way she was going to face family & authorities for what she'd done, so set out to create the runaway story after she disposed of him, and possibly his gaming device and/or other evidence.
I think he's likely close to home.

And, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong about it all, and have him walk through the door and confess he really did run away.
TS would still be a lying narcissistic creep, but at least Gannon would be alive and safe and I'd take that news in a heartbeat.
But, the situation indicates to me that he is deceased, and was the day he disappeared.

Weird to quote myself but I wanted to get feedback on those night screen shots. They span from 9:36PM to 11:52PM, can anyone tell what they may be depicting and why?
I think that was a random screen that RD might have been showing the reporter the different angles & such from his system, and they were filming and just used that quick shot to show "surveillance". I honestly don't think those particular thumbnails mean anything at all, but I DO think there could be some damning video evidence we have not seen at all, from the night before Gannon went missing.

I find the 45 min gap between the top two stills from the evening video recordings. The neighbors cameras will only start recording when movement is sensed so there is a 45min window where there was no activity in from of the Stauch residence (11:07pm - 11:52).

IMO TS injures GS that evening (can’t discuss why I think this here, but I can say my theory is proved when MSM shared the image of the crime lab hauling out the brown recliner). I also think that after she hurt GS badly (not killed him) but had help with cleanup/coming up with plan for what to do with GS so his injuries wouldn’t be seen or reported to authorities. Hence the two vehicles that showed up afterwards.

Perhaps during the 45 min window of no surveillance footage, a trip was made to a nearby shopping place to acquire potential things needed to carry out the cover up plan. Does anybody know if there is a 24hr Walmart or similar type store nearby? IMO & MOO

I must have missed the pic of the crime lab removing a brown recliner from the house. I don't even recall it being mentioned before, so does anyone have a link for this pic?

Epsom Salt: Benefits, Uses, and Side Effects

From the link... info about epson salt overdose.
"Some cases of magnesium overdose have been reported, in which people took too much Epsom salt. Symptoms include nausea, headache, lightheadedness, and flushed skin (2Trusted Source, 10Trusted Source).

In extreme cases, magnesium overdose can lead to heart problems, coma, paralysis, and death. This is unlikely as long as you take it in appropriate amounts as recommended by your doctor or listed on the package"

Let's all assume that what TS has communicated during her posted interview and statement is factual and discard her statements regarding needing apologies and trashing the birthmother as her just being more worried about her image vice finding G. The reason why I believe there is a good chance they will find G alive is that all of her comments have been "matter of factly" presented....like no care in the world that G is missing. Even a cold-blooded person of interest would at least feign some sort of concern to complete the illusion they're not involved....just my two cents.

Let's all assume that what TS has communicated during her posted interview and statement is factual and discard her statements regarding needing apologies and trashing the birthmother as her just being more worried about her image vice finding G. The reason why I believe there is a good chance they will find G alive is that all of her comments have been "matter of factly" presented....like no care in the world that G is missing. Even a cold-blooded person of interest would at least feign some sort of concern to complete the illusion they're not involved....just my two cents.
Just for the sake of argument let's say you're correct and Gannon is alive, being held somewhere for God knows what reason.
When he is located, and comes home, what explanation could he possibly give?
And how does that line up with TS constantly changing her story?

Yep, the ONLY thing I'd be interested in is having her 'matter of factly' telling LE what happened to Gannon.

She's the last one to have been seen with him.
She left the house with him.
He hasn't been seen since.

ALL roads end at a 't'.

Who knows, she may have lawyer-ed up and isn't talking.

If not, we all know that if questioned or arrested, she will lawyer-up. Chris Watts' narcissism was embedded in being regarded as "A Good Guy". Where TS's seems to be embedded in being regarded as a victim.

My question for anyone willing to answer, is a person eligible for a public defender for questioning or only under arrest?

I realize TS is unemployed, and I doubt AS would consent to funding her defense. I am unaware of her or her relatives financial abilities.

I've also thought she abandoned him, while he was alive, but mortally wounded, and he stumbled around and then walked off several hundred yards, more or less, laid down and died, to be found near one of the search sites. The reason I say this is, the 105 search site involved a rather large area, a lot of it being on the other side of wire fencing, as though there was a good bit of movement by whoever was leaving evidence..

That would explain TS's reason for taking her husband's truck as opposed to her own car. With a disabling injury, he is unlikely to survive without proper gear, water and food. And if he was bleeding, the smell would attract animals. I pray that Gannon is not suffering.

In the Chris Watts case, the body disposal was more horrific than Bella and Cece's murder. But, if Gannon was emotionally and physically abused then abandoned in the cold wilderness to die, then a darker shade of Evil exists among us.

At some point, what happened to Gannon, including all the gruesome details will be known as well as who is responsible. I never imagined there could or would be anything more gruesome than what Chris Watts did to his babies. However, I'm preparing myself for something some heartless and inhumane toward Gannon. I guess my only real question is did SM act alone or did she have any help, maybe even after the fact type help?

I also am curious who remembers the neighbors nighttime images the news said we’re going to be released but actually got daytime footage? I ask because I do not recall seeing the truck parked in the front of the house that night. Yet, the daytime footage shows it parked in front of the house. When exactly did the truck get larked in front of the house then?

Clearly there was a lot of activity that Sunday evening, which would explain why we were ultimately shown the daytime footage rather than the nighttime one we were initially told about.
In the night time video stills that we were shown, there were a few with 2 cars, or pickups in them, (showing vehicle lights) way off the right, where the Stauch driveway was. It was surprising to me, too, that all of a sudden that roughly 6 minute day video was released with nothing said about the night screen.
But the truck could have been parked in front of the house 1) all night 2) just from that morning if another car had to get out of the garage. We didn't see any daytime video, IIRC, from that day until about 10:15 a.m. The neighbor said, IIRC, that he went back to Saturday to review the cam, so LE knows when the cars went in and out, I think for several days and nights before the "disappearance".

So much we don't know, or aren't allowed to talk about (all of Sunday, most of Monday). Kind of like the elephant in the room that we all have to try to ignore.

I think
GS could not have been "pushed over on the hike" because a sibling(s) was on the hike with them. The sibling(s) would have reported that GS did not return with them after the hike and that would have been game, set and match.

I think she took him on another hike Monday. It would take 30 minutes to drive to Garden of the Gods, tell Gannon she dropped something on the trail Sunday and to jump out of the truck, look for it. There are so many high cliffs that nobody would survive from that don’t require a lot of hiking to get too. So you understand, you drive along a main road then park in several different parking lots along the road. Then walk up a trail and all of a sudden you are looking over a 100-200ft cliff. It would be hard at all to push someone over and many people accidentally fall each year sightseeing. Couple that with the snow and all of the animals in the park (mountain lions are notorious for roaming that area) and his little body could easily be hidden for years to come. The structures in that park are absolutely breath taking. This is not a park with playground equipment, this is a rugged area with HUGE rock structures jutting out of the ground on top of a mountain. It is a place where many people get hurt each year. I encourage all of you to check out our beautiful Garden of the Gods park. Home - Garden of the Gods Visitor Center

GS could not have been "pushed over on the hike" because a sibling(s) was on the hike with them. The sibling(s) would have reported that GS did not return with them after the hike and that would have been game, set and match.

I think she took him on another hike Monday. It would take 30 minutes to drive to Garden of the Gods, tell Gannon she dropped something on the trail Sunday and to jump out of the truck, look for it. There are so many high cliffs that nobody would survive from that don’t require a lot of hiking to get too. So you understand, you drive along a main road then park in several different parking lots along the road. Then walk up a trail and all of a sudden you are looking over a 100-200ft cliff. It would be hard at all to push someone over and many people accidentally fall each year sightseeing. Couple that with the snow and all of the animals in the park (mountain lions are notorious for roaming that area) and his little body could easily be hidden for years to come. The structures in that park are absolutely breath taking. This is not a park with playground equipment, this is a rugged area with HUGE rock structures jutting out of the ground on top of a mountain. It is a place where many people get hurt each year. I encourage all of you to check out our beautiful Garden of the Gods park. Home - Garden of the Gods Visitor Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member