Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My question for anyone willing to answer, is a person eligible for a public defender for questioning or only under arrest?
snipped

It's my understanding that a court-appointed lawyer is appointed after an arrest, not before.

BBM

"The opportunity to formally request one usually comes the first time you appear in front of a judge after your arrest, known as your arraignment."

How to Obtain a Court-Appointed Defense Lawyer - FindLaw

I think

I think she took him on another hike Monday. It would take 30 minutes to drive to Garden of the Gods, tell Gannon she dropped something on the trail Sunday and to jump out of the truck, look for it. There are so many high cliffs that nobody would survive from that don’t require a lot of hiking to get too. So you understand, you drive along a main road then park in several different parking lots along the road. Then walk up a trail and all of a sudden you are looking over a 100-200ft cliff. It would be hard at all to push someone over and many people accidentally fall each year sightseeing. Couple that with the snow and all of the animals in the park (mountain lions are notorious for roaming that area) and his little body could easily be hidden for years to come. The structures in that park are absolutely breath taking. This is not a park with playground equipment, this is a rugged area with HUGE rock structures jutting out of the ground on top of a mountain. It is a place where many people get hurt each year. I encourage all of you to check out our beautiful Garden of the Gods park. Home - Garden of the Gods Visitor Center

Monday, there would have been fewer people than on a Sunday, so less perceived risk of being seen. I know the side trails you are talking about, and they are screened by evergreen trees.

I wonder if they have cams at the entrances of the park. I've never looked for them. Due to its popularity, it would not surprise me. (As an explanation to non-locals, the park was deeded to the city of Colorado Springs many years ago with the caveat that entry to the park must remain free to the public.)

There’s no rhyme or reason to leaving a gravely injured child in the cold so you can honestly say he’s still alive. And if he was found, she’d be in prison even sooner.

If she’s on the Narcissism spectrum (I don’t think a single term ever really nails down what these people are), she’s likely reactive and impulsive, not ambitious in setting up a deeper and wider post-injury scenario that required thought beyond the acute crisis she was in. The goal would be to silence and hide him. I doubt that her thinking extended much beyond “How do I solve my immediate problem”.

I’m wondering now if she did purposely leave him injured and alone in a isolated area. This could explain her behaviour and perhaps she wouldn’t see it as a “murder”, because he could potentially still be alive.

this case is haunting me.
Hi @Bobsten :) Welcome to WS
I'm not sure she would take the risk unfortunately of leaving him anywhere alive anywhere but that's just my own opinion!

In the night time video stills that we were shown, there were a few with 2 cars, or pickups in them, (showing vehicle lights) way off the right, where the Stauch driveway was. It was surprising to me, too, that all of a sudden that roughly 6 minute day video was released with nothing said about the night screen.
But the truck could have been parked in front of the house 1) all night 2) just from that morning if another car had to get out of the garage. We didn't see any daytime video, IIRC, from that day until about 10:15 a.m. The neighbor said, IIRC, that he went back to Saturday to review the cam, so LE knows when the cars went in and out, I think for several days and nights before the "disappearance".

So much we don't know, or aren't allowed to talk about (all of Sunday, most of Monday). Kind of like the elephant in the room that we all have to try to ignore.
Yes I agree , it would be nice to have the Sunday night video survelance released to see if anything suspicious was captured!
That may very well be part of the jigsaw puzzle that will eventually lead to an arrest so maybe for now anyway it's best it's not leaked but kept as untainted evidence.
I'm hoping they managed to question TS AFTER LE saw what was on the video and captured her lying about her movements that day and ofcourse the fact that it seems as if Gannon didn't return etc.
Then the LE video of her interview/questioning will also be damning evidence in showing her deceipt.
This could may well be the reason LE didn't want RD's video released, so they could catch her out. And let's all hope they managed to accomplice this :)

Monday, there would have been fewer people than on a Sunday, so less perceived risk of being seen. I know the side trails you are talking about, and they are screened by evergreen trees.

I wonder if they have cams at the entrances of the park. I've never looked for them. Due to its popularity, it would not surprise me. (As an explanation to non-locals, the park was deeded to the city of Colorado Springs many years ago with the caveat that entry to the park must remain free to the public.)

I’ve never noticed cameras at the entrance. I may drive by today and look. Even on a crowded a Sunday, my husband and I can go back behind balanced rock and find trails that go on for miles and be all alone.

Welcome to WS @FactsMatter
We are only allowed to discuss facts that have been in the main stream media and not from social media. At the beginning of this thread you can find the stuff that is off limits :) It may be best for you to delete your post as we have had plenty of warnings and as you're new you probably havn't seen them yet. Please don't let this put you off from future posting as we have some of us have had posts removed for mentioning the off limits subjects but it gives the mods a lot of work to do.

IMO, she didn't dig a grave or leave him for dead. Maybe there was something that happened the night before but I think he was alive when he exited the truck after the 2:15 video. I think she ended his life somewhere nearby and disposed of him in a place that will be found someday, and suprisingly not likely hidden well. Rental cars, accomplices, alternative timelines will all prove futile. She did what she did quickly and in line with what people like her do when they commit that ultimate act of selfishness. It's all so odd right now but I don't think she's that smart and I feel like they'll release the official transcript soon enough.
I’m not a fan of the theory that she injured him so severely on Sunday, that he succumbed to his injuries on Monday.

Logically, that does make a hell of a lot of sense. An act of abuse goes too far, and a child dies (we see that a lot on here).

What troubles me, is that he’d have to be well enough to walk to the vehicle, and then die at some point over the next few hours.

Then we have TS apparently trying to account for blood in the garage. So we’re talking about violence that not only causes internal injuries, but external ones as well.

That’s why I’m still leaning towards murder to cover up abuse, as opposed to an act of abuse that directly resulted in Gannon’s death (albeit delayed).

It’s incredibly unusual, but I think it fits better with what we know.
I'm there with you in believing that he was murdered to cover up abuse. He walked to the car, obviously with difficulty, but walked. She most likely knows about the ability of cadaver dogs to hit on a dead body so sadly, Gannon most likely walked from the vehicle to where he will be found.

I will do that. Thanks for heads up!
Welcome to WS @FactsMatter
We are only allowed to discuss facts that have been in the main stream media and not from social media. At the beginning of this thread you can find the stuff that is off limits :) It may be best for you to delete your post as we have had plenty of warnings and as you're new you probably havn't seen them yet. Please don't let this put you off from future posting as we have some of us have had posts removed for mentioning the off limits subjects but it gives the mods a lot of work to do.
sure

Rolling in with a few comments after reading for a few weeks...

LS is guilty. Of what I don’t yet know. But if you talk like a guilty person and walk like a guilty person, well then...

Maybe she hurt the kid bad as some are saying. I tend to think she left some bruises, a minor cut. Still out of line but maybe not life threatening. But even that was too much because the kid is old enough to know what’s right and wrong. So he may have stood up to her and told her he’d turn her in. And that would’ve created a problem that needed resolving.

Sounds like they upgraded him to endangered in part because he needed meds. Maybe the most convenient option was to overdose him on his normal meds to get him extra sedated so he’d be foggy on everything that happened next.

I don’t think she abandoned him alive somewhere like some have said tho. Why would she take the risk of him yelling for help, finding shelter, somehow still being alive when the search parties went out?

She more than likely did him in using some tool that now she happens to volunteer might have blood on it.

It’d be a shred of a chance, but here’s hoping she might be the right kind of unwell to think she could keep him with someone somewhere off the grid while he heals and his recollection of that night wears down. Something more like this one which was a one in a million chance on its own: 2 missing sisters stayed willingly at therapy ranch: owners

And then somehow set herself up as the victor or even the hero. She does seem mighty convinced (probably delusionally so) that in the end he is gonna march back in alive and vindicate her.

But that’s me wishing. I think our little buddy Gannon is in a heap more trouble than that.

Rolling in with a few comments after reading for a few weeks...

LS is guilty. Of what I don’t yet know. But if you talk like a guilty person and walk like a guilty person, well then...

Maybe she hurt the kid bad as some are saying. I tend to think she left some bruises, a minor cut. Still out of line but maybe not life threatening. But even that was too much because the kid is old enough to know what’s right and wrong. So he may have stood up to her and told her he’d turn her in. And that would’ve created a problem that needed resolving.

Sounds like they upgraded him to endangered in part because he needed meds. Maybe the most convenient option was to overdose him on his normal meds to get him extra sedated so he’d be foggy on everything that happened next.

I don’t think she abandoned him alive somewhere like some have said tho. Why would she take the risk of him yelling for help, finding shelter, somehow still being alive when the search parties went out?

She more than likely did him in using some tool that now she happens to volunteer might have blood on it.

It’d be a shred of a chance, but here’s hoping she might be the right kind of unwell to think she could keep him with someone somewhere off the grid while he heals and his recollection of that night wears down. Something more like this one which was a one in a million chance on its own: 2 missing sisters stayed willingly at therapy ranch: owners

And then somehow set herself up as the victor or even the hero. She does seem mighty convinced (probably delusionally so) that in the end he is gonna march back in alive and vindicate her.

But that’s me wishing. I think our little buddy Gannon is in a heap more trouble than that.
Hi @DocStetson and welcome to WS :) Great post thanks :)

I edited the post after reading community rules and took out any info I learned from social media, YouTube etc sorry about that!

Have never used websleuths and not sure if I’m even doing this right but this case is the reason I joined and am enlightened by the theory’s in this thread in regards to what happened to Gannon.

I do not want to speculate with no information from police being released yet but There are just too many pieces to the puzzle that don’t make any sense at all here. The video she “accidentally” recorded of Gannon after the candle incident sounded very fake to me...like she planned this and was covering tracks somehow. I do not know at what level leticia Stauch is guilty in this case but I fully believe she knows where the child is.

I hope law enforcement has a press conference soon and let’s us know what angles they are working on the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018