Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing boy's stepmother slams El Paso County Sheriff's Office, claims rights violated
The stepmother of a missing Colorado Springs-area boy claimed in an interview with KKTV Friday that the El Paso County Sheriff's Office violated her constitutional rights while questioning her.

Letecia "Tecia" Stauch was the last known person to see Gannon Stauch, 11, before he went missing Monday afternoon. Authorities said Gannon left to walk to a friend's house in their southeastern Colorado Springs neighborhood of Lorson Ranch near Fountain.
————
Working on the MSM timeline

No, I don't think she can be legally kicked out of the house, either.

She would have every right to stay there and noone can force her to leave.

At least that's how it is where I live.
One would have to go to court and there would be certain legal procedures, especially since they are married.

How did she lose her teaching certificate? I know she said something about moving out of state but it wasn't that clear.
Which state was she licensed to teach in before?

Imo

I transcribed that part of the interview so I wouldn't have to actually listen again:

At the 8:32 mark she states:

"Um, I think that a lot of people can see that I'm not missing, and see that I am being cooperative, and, but, to me it's okay that they think those things because my, the way someone thinks about me, I don't have a problem with that. My main thing is I would never want someone to think that I hurt Gannon or any of the children in our home cause that's just not the case. I've spent my whole entire life working so hard in education, um, there's even things online that was talking about my education license and I shouldn't even be a teacher, and they just didn't know that. Like, we moved on a military move, and I didn't finish out my contract so, I gave up my license in that state. Um, it had nothing to do with any criminal activity you know, or any of those things, and it just got blown out of proportion on my professional status you know and... " VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out
Thank you, Ontario Mom, for doing that.

I googled TS’ name, plus the word “contract,” and a document with very helpful information such as “Summary of the Case,” “Findings of Fact,” and “Conclusions of Law” was the first thing to pop up.

Since none of the “persons of interest” in the case have been named, that’s all I can say for now. Hope this helps.

And here’s to hoping today is the day Gannon is found. I have a lot of faith in the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. They’ve got this, IMO. I just wish I could turn the clock back to before his dad left for Oklahoma, whenever it was.

Last edited:
I have been trying to pull up YouTube so that I can watch the press conference for Gannon again. I can't get it pulled up could someone link me please?

Last edited:
I transcribed that part of the interview so I wouldn't have to actually listen again:

At the 8:32 mark she states:

"Um, I think that a lot of people can see that I'm not missing, and see that I am being cooperative, and, but, to me it's okay that they think those things because my, the way someone thinks about me, I don't have a problem with that. My main thing is I would never want someone to think that I hurt Gannon or any of the children in our home cause that's just not the case. I've spent my whole entire life working so hard in education, um, there's even things online that was talking about my education license and I shouldn't even be a teacher, and they just didn't know that. Like, we moved on a military move, and I didn't finish out my contract so, I gave up my license in that state. Um, it had nothing to do with any criminal activity you know, or any of those things, and it just got blown out of proportion on my professional status you know and... " VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out
Snip of your BBM post. Thank you for this. I know transcription is a dedicated task. I appreciate your efforts.

my education license and I shouldn't even be a teacher, and they just didn't know that. Like, we moved on a military move, and I didn't finish out my contract so, I gave up my license in that state. Um, it had nothing to do with any criminal activity you know, or any of those things,
Now, I have a visual to study. I’m pretty sure I saw a transcription shared by @katydid23 I missed some pages in my busy day yesterday and must have skimmed right through it. Couple of phrases quickly jump out. I’ll read more as I can.
She takes ownership of:
my education license”
I see an embedded truth:
I shouldn't even be a teacher”
eta:imo

Last edited:
The father has sided against the stepmother?
I haven't seen anything indicating that. Can you give an example?

Since she is not the child's mother and only a step parent, I wonder how much she enforced the rules when the father was away.

She apparently kept the child home on Monday but never mentioned what was wrong with him, at least not that I have seen.

She reported him as a runaway but has not given a reason why she assumed he ran away.

Did they not get along? Did they have an argument? Did he want to do something and she would not allow it?

If she knew that he went to a friend's house then why immediately assume he ran away, without any reason?

At first it was reported that he went across the street to visit a friend. Later the father said he went to see a friend a few streets away. Which is it and where did the information come from? I'm assuming she told him so why did she originally say he went across the street? If she didn't know which friend's house he went to then how would she know it was the friend across the street?

Or is it just bad reporting?

Imo

Early on it was reported that his phone was found with "can my parents track me if my phone is on?' on it. It didn't feel right to me - but that is just my own intuition - and now it seems to have disappeared from any media discussion. Makes me think LE has disregarded that.

The fact she is not in her own house with her husband is evidence to me. If she was just upset about the bio mom in the house, why would she bring up her own decision not to stay there? Say it WAS her choice to leave - that shows how much she *dislikes * the bio mom and maybe shows she would like her out of their life....a motive? But realistically, she brought it up because she was asked to leave. Especially if not even allowed to get some underwear!

Thank you, Ontario Mom, for doing that.

I googled TS’ name, plus the word “contract,” and a document with very helpful information such as “Summary of the Case,” “Findings of Fact,” and “Conclusions of Law” was the first thing to pop up.

Since none of the “persons of interest” in the case have been named, that’s all I can say for now. Hope this helps.

And here’s to hoping today is the day Gannon is found. I have a lot of faith in the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. They’ve got this, IMO. I just wish I could turn the clock back to before his dad left for Oklahoma, whenever it was.
From your link:

Police also addressed a rumor that Gannon’s stepmother, Tecia Stauch, was not fully cooperative with law enforcement. “At this point in time we are conducting multiple interviews and what I can tell you is that each leade we have had is exhausted,” Mihalko said.

He said they are looking at persons of interest, but only meaning that they are people that could give them additional information about Gannon.

As far as TS' complaints against LE she stated this in public i.e. interview and I think that's what posters are referring to ?
As a general observation from this forum and msm articles-- LE aren't usually jumping at the chance to escalate the situation.
It's easier if the person(s) they're questioning are cooperative.
So what happened that TS claims LE threatened to "...shoot her" ?
Is it possible that LE did nothing of the sort ?

Trying to be objective but in Gannon's case it's been a struggle. Imo.
I am still of the opinion that IF he ran away it's odd that TS or whomever made the 911 call assumed "runaway" and not just staying too long at the (anonymous) friend's house playing video games and lost track of time.

That would've been my first guess if my child was late getting back home.
Although that brings up the fact that my kid wouldn't be visiting anyone if they felt ill ; and if not sick -- then I'd certainly know who's house they were at and I'd walk over with him/her if it was across the street or two-three blocks away.
Plus walking back to the friend's to bring kiddo home.
Esp. if it was dark out.

At 11 years old --- yes, they can find their way to another friend's house within walking distance, but DH and I were too much of helicopter parents to let our children at that age wander through the neighborhood alone.
Might be too "hovering"-- but that's how we roll.

Last edited:
Have bio parents been doing their bit, searching, handing out flyers, etc?
In this video there is mention of how the parents are staying up to date. The bio parents were physically present at the volunteer search. They met, shook hands and thanked the volunteers for their efforts in finding their son, Gannon.

<modsnip: removed duplicate quote>

That poor mother. That makes me so sad. I love my own sweet children. But I do not think I would be able to express myself so beautifully under so much pressure and public scrutiny. She's really well spoken. And I know what a miracle it must have been to have her severely premature baby defeat all odds. And now...where is he? I think the only thing worse than losing a child would be to lose a child and not KNOW where they are and what happened to them. :(

SM comes off so bad in her interviews. She appears so thoughtless and self centered and selfish. I have a tendency to assume the best of people in these situations. I almost always do. I'm not sure why. I think it's because even as snotty as she seems to me she still seems like a normal average snotty middle class mom and not someone who could have hurt or killed a child. But I defended Sherin Matthews' family and I was so wrong.

In so many of these cases LE already know so much more than we know. IF they do then she's not a suspect yet. But regardless I sure hope and pray they find that sweet boy safe and bring him home. I'm sick of the sadness...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's insensitive to the situation exactly, as it's perfectly practical that you'd need to do those things if you didn't have access to your personal items. I just question if it all really went down the way the step-mom implied. She did seem to be really good at making herself the victim in the case of Gannon going missing, so maybe that's what she's doing here about not being in the family home, and how it really went down? I'm just guessing.

Yeah, it's possible she's just self absorbed, lacking in self awareness and runs her mouth when on the spot. I'm not willingly to assume she's anything more than just self absorbed and lacking in self awareness. It's so easy to dissect others and assume the worst. A lot of times we are right...but not always.

ADMIN NOTE:

Random reminder to all ..

There are no officially named POIs or suspects in this case, therefore sleuthing or advocating sleuthing of the stepmom is not allowed under WS TOS.

Members may discuss what she has said in MSM or what has been said about her in MSM, but information found as a result of sleuthing any background or private information cannot be posted here on the public thread.

One of the critical components missing from this interview is a sense of urgency to get the word out about Gannon. His height, weight, hair colour and clothing and shoes.

His favourite places to go.....parks, libraries, donut shops, book stores, tobogganing hills. etc.
That should have been the goal for this 10 minute and 21 second interview in her 1st opportunity to speak about his disappearance.

We, the public, knew nothing about her tense interaction with LE until she mentioned it! We also didn't need to hear her air her feelings about bio mom or who is 'owed an apology.'

If she had spent even 5 of those minutes telling us about Gannon, we could be focusing our time and energy trying to figure out where he might be, and not analyzing her words!

I am frustrated with myself for becoming more focused on her behaviour than I am on mapping out where an 11 year old could run off to....and I hope to hell he has simply run off.

I am now re-directing my focus to what matters. Where is Gannon?

JMO

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

JMO

Early on it was reported that his phone was found with "can my parents track me if my phone is on?' on it. It didn't feel right to me - but that is just my own intuition - and now it seems to have disappeared from any media discussion. Makes me think LE has disregarded that.

The fact she is not in her own house with her husband is evidence to me. If she was just upset about the bio mom in the house, why would she bring up her own decision not to stay there? Say it WAS her choice to leave - that shows how much she *dislikes * the bio mom and maybe shows she would like her out of their life....a motive? But realistically, she brought it up because she was asked to leave. Especially if not even allowed to get some underwear!
Believe you me, LE have not disregarded that Google search on his phone. It is very much an intricate part of the investigation, as well as the person who typed it. [ whether that be Gannon or someone else].

stepmother said he left to go to a friend's house, however, "But investigators said they had checked home security cameras in the neighborhood and had not identified images of Gannon on any of them."

Authorities say Gannon Stauch 'missing and endangered' after days gone - KRDO
—-
I just don’t think he was at the house that afternoon
IMO
Trying to construct a timeline with MSM links is proving difficult
JMO
I think that LE is very experienced at dealing with all the variety of human personalities, and many of them on the worst day of their lives following car accidents, shootings, etc. So I don't think SM's personality is a surprise to LE - they know what sort of character they are dealing with. LE is clear that they did not see GS on neighborhood cameras in support of SM's claim that he left the house on foot between 3:15-4:00pm Monday. Then LE specifically sought and were granted a SW for a Jetta car, which has been impounded... I think the volume right there is loud even though LE is publically silent. JMO

(The information re: Jetta impounded comes from SM's own words in her interview.)

Does anyone know what year for the Jetta and if it has manufacturer's GPS tracking?

Anyone know the distance from his home?

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - Springs police are investigating after a body was found on the southeast side of the city late Sunday morning.

The body was found in the area of University and Airport. It's not clear if the deceased was found inside or outside.
Death investigation underway after body is found in southeast Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member