Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then again, it may just be a coincidence that the El Paso Jail is situated midway between the two.

JMO.

The command center appears to be where much of the local LE is situated. The Sheriff's office, Coroner, Jail, Police Impound lot, Spring Creek Youth Services Center, several recycling businesses, etc.

MOO, the move to the current location indicates to me that LE received info. indicating Gannon is not in the vicinity of his home, but I don't think it means he's in the vicinity of the Sheriffs office either.

There is and I posted it a few days ago. It came from a local crime watching facebook page. I don;t know how to find that quickly for you.
Oh okay thanks - I did see that and it's not MSM so I didn't really look any further. I really wish a local reporter would start following up on a lot of these SM rumors. Maybe filter out what's baloney and look a little closer at what's true?

Kyron was never found and if our boy met with foul play there is a lot of terrain he could be in IMO
Can’t help but think of the other children found so many years later
I will continue to hope for him but am preparing myself for that announcement
JMO
LE need to look at any gps on relevant vehicles.
My guess is that they've already done this ?

“Lots of interesting comments on this one. Great job getting her to talk on camera.

We’ve confirmed [TS] and her daughter did stop at Marshall’s at Woodmen and Academy and detectives took possession of the white Volkswagen Jetta they were driving on Thursday, January 30th at about 1:45 pm (3 and a half hours before the news conference). The car was then towed to evidence impound. The sheriffs department didn’t mention that at all but the step-mom did talk about it in the interview.”
Colorado Springs Crime Watch
Brilliant job finding that again. I was searching and could not even recall it's title. Thanks a lot.

Well the current status is a search campaign and actual searching. So, I reckon somebody must believe it is possible that he is alive and searchable if still alive.
I don't think we're being fed a narrative, they could not justify the cost of a search of this extent if no hope existed that he didn't run away from home.
It's a pretty balanced equation for that reason.
But, he has not been found.
It is desperately distressing.
They have deployed the CARD Team. Yes this is to look for children who are abducted and bring them home alive. However they are also deployed when a body needs to be found. They have said on more than one occasion they do not feel he was a run away any longer.

"Gannon’s disappearance was first classified as a possible runaway, but the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office said on Thursday, January 30, that they were now calling him an endangered missing child."

Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Takes a while to get search warrants and access of cell phone data from providers, the results of which might lead them to a specific or general area. Potential next step, arrest warrant.

JMO

Latest update Sheriff
EPC Sheriff's Office
15 mins ·
Sheriff's Office Update on Search Efforts for Gannon Stauch

On February 2, 2020, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office and partners continued our search focused in the area of Lorson Ranch. At approximately 2:00 PM, the decision was made to move Incident Command to the Sheriff's Office Training Facility, located across the street from the El Paso County Jail, located at 2743 E. Las Vegas Street, based on information gathered from the investigation.

We have over 50 people assisting in the search efforts and will continue today as long as there is daylight.

Our partners in today's search efforts are:

FBI CARD (Child Abduction Rapid Deployment)
Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management
El Paso County Search and Rescue
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Salvation Army
Emergency Incident Support
Army 4th Engineer Battalion (in 100% non-duty volunteer status)
National Guard 100th Missile Defense Brigade (in 100% non-duty volunteer status)

The Sheriff's Office has received 134 tips to date, and continue to vet and follow-up on each lead coming in. If you have any information as it relates to Gannon's case, please call the Sheriff's Office Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email tips@elpasoco.com.
Posted 15 minutes ago , from their facebook page.
What does this mean exactly?

"At approximately 2:00 PM, the decision was made to move Incident Command...based on information gathered from the investigation."

I can see moving the search areas, but moving their Command Center? Or maybe I'm reading this wrong could someone help me in layman's terms please?

BBM:

Does anyone have a sense of what might lead LE to move the incident command location today?

Is this most likely driven by LE receiving electronic information re: cell phone pings, gps tracking, etc., or what?
So far you are the third person to ask that I'm asking the question also

They have deployed the CARD Team. Yes this is to look for children who are abducted and bring them home alive. However they are also deployed when a body needs to be found. They have said on more than one occasion they do not feel he was a run away any longer.

"Gannon’s disappearance was first classified as a possible runaway, but the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office said on Thursday, January 30, that they were now calling him an endangered missing child."

Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
The classification system is for resource distribution, not status of missing person themselves.
Endangered status means a huge increase in deployed resources.
A search with cadaver dogs is different to a scent dog search
They usually do not take place at the same time in the same location.

When did LE take the Jetta?
On the day that s m and her daughter were shopping, and the daughter was handcuffed. I believe this was the night before the press conference. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: 3 1/2 hours or so before press conference.

I am not sure that LE searching the local area means they believe he ran away.

It could also mean someone needed to dispose of him in a hurry, and had no time to drive far away, because of other circumstances.
Agreed!

Reactions: abr
I have a sinking feeling they know this has turned into recovery mission and is setting up their command close to where the Sheriffs Office buildings are in the Springs.
Maybe, likely.
But, I don't have a clue.
Could be. FBI are in too.

The command center appears to be where much of the local LE is situated. The Sheriff's office, Coroner, Jail, Police Impound lot, Spring Creek Youth Services Center, several recycling businesses, etc.

MOO, the move to the current location indicates to me that LE received info. indicating Gannon is not in the vicinity of his home, but I don't think it means he's in the vicinity of the Sheriffs office either.

Oh Lordy, I quoted myself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member