Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"This week has been awful. It's been more than a roller coaster ride," Stauch's mother, Landen Hiott, said in the video, which was posted on the El Paso County Sheriff's Office YouTube page. "It's been more than an emotional mess. I don't have answers for my feelings, other than I'm afraid. I'm afraid that I'll never hear his voice, that I'll never hear him run and say, 'Mommy!'"

"If you're too afraid because you know something — a kid just doesn't disappear and no one sees him. It's not how this works," Hiott said. "So if you have anything that's credible — if you're afraid, don't worry about it. Imagine my son, how afraid he is. Imagine how afraid Gannon is."

Every single day, he has to tell me a joke," Hiott said. "He looks forward to telling me something silly. And I’m afraid that I won’t ever see that again or hear it. I don’t want to believe that, because that means that I’m giving up hope and I’m not giving up hope, because my son is full of hope."

Albert Stauch, Gannon's father, described his son as a happy child who "brings life to every party."

"His smile, even today, is keeping us going," Albert Stauch said. "His smile brings me joy every time I think about it."
Family of Gannon Stauch releases video statement
I want Gannon home safely, and I wanna hear his little jokes. Come on, Gannon.

Boom. And there it is. We have our “cinnamon rolls” for this case. The thumb hole sweatshirt/bandage debate.

I’m not criticizing, as I also joined in the debate. It’s just so amazing to see that there is always one “cinnamon roll” often repeated discussion in every case. I guess that’s inevitable when we only have breadcrumbs in a case full of questions and especially questionable characters. (Patrick Frazee/Krystal Kenney/SM.)

To be fair, I think the cinnamon rolls made their way into the prosecution's closing argument... no? :)

The video has me blubbing.

@californiagem , Stepmom's DV is addressed in the Gary Hughes video, which is approved per TOS. I *think* the charges were related to her late husband. I tend to fast forward through a lot of his videos; although they are always most informative, they are looonnnggg.

That reminds me, I meant to say, I think we can also discuss the "carpet cleaning"/TS's mother's statements about same, because Gray did. At least, that's what I remember from the poster who thoughtfully did the time-stamped breakdown...

Does anyone know the father's full name? I am finding the stepmom's name easily, and the mother's name, but not the father's first name. TIA.

I wonder where the stepmom is hanging out? I have two guesses: 1)Shopping for an attorney, likely not at Marshall's, or 2) With LE or at the very least, they have a very close eye on her movements.
That particular Marshall's is right down the street from me, so yeah, I don't wanna run into her there for sure.....

I just watched this. So deeply saddening.

EPCSheriff
@EPCSheriff

·
15m

Gannon’s parents Landen Hiott, Albert Stauch, and sister Laina Stauch’s heartbreaking statement ... https://youtu.be/nOMIS33bGBU via
@YouTube

D6fNFCK1

Gannon’s parents Landen Hiott, Albert Stauch, and sister Laina...
youtube.com
EPCSheriff (@EPCSheriff) | Twitter
Heartbreaking.

The message Gannon's bio mom Landen sends is 180 degrees from Letecia's message. Hers is about hope and telling us what a terrific kid Gannon is and the other is about herself, her feelings, her excuses, her anger at being judged.

I don't believe it's about a bio mom versus a step mom because there are millions of step moms and step dads who provide their kids with love and nurturing. I believe it's about a loving mother versus a selfish woman. MOO.

It's time for the SM to face her lies. I hope she's in an interview room right now being grilled by LE.

I wonder where the stepmom is hanging out? I have two guesses: 1)Shopping for an attorney, likely not at Marshall's, or 2) With LE or at the very least, they have a very close eye on her movements.

Probably a friend's or a hotel? Maybe a friend's because a hotel can get costly and I think the dad was her only source of income. Her family might be putting her and her daughter up somewhere though

I wonder if AS noticed any changes to the interior of his truck when he flew back home Tuesday.

Specifically, I wonder if he noticed it appeared to have been cleaned/vacuumed/detailed recently.

I'm thinking that truck was in pristine condition on Tuesday when he arrived.

JMO.

Great point!

I don't see anything wrong with the parent's demeanor either but a poster said that during the PC the mother seemed to be fake crying and compared her to Susan Smith.

I thought she seemed genuine.

But it's a good example of how everyone sees things differently and it's very hard to judge people based on a few minutes of video.

Although sometimes it's more about what they say than anything else, such as the stepmother in her interview.

Imo

So, this was another prime example of how pre-conceived notions cloud perception.

IIRC, the poster thought that it was SM with BD in the press conference video.

Hence, what the poster "saw" from who she thought at the time was SM, were crocodile tears.

Once it was explained that it was BM, not SM, in that presser, the poster backed away from that characterization.

We all do it.

Our brains take in sensory stimuli and interpret it based on its context.

We look for it, we see it.

Seek, and ye shall find.

JMO.

I want Gannon home safely, and I wanna hear his little jokes. Come on, Gannon.

I went and subscribed to his YouTube channel yesterday, just because it was his fondest wish. :( I don't think I'm alone either, as there were 150 such people along with me, and he was worrying about one subscriber... I felt it was the least I could do, since that was when I fell in love with him (what can I say, I'm a sucker for unabashed pre- and teen enthusiasm, lol).

I know.... I’m asking if he regularly missed school with the excuse, true or not, of being sick.... especially while dad is away or at work.
We haven't heard anything about that but he was reportedly taking meds on a regular basis and he was born premature so it's possible that he could have some medical problems.

If it was anything significant we probably would have heard about it, though.

Imo

So far, the only issue I see that the SM has done that may be illegal is to leave with Gannon and not return with Gannon. There has only been speculation for everything else. There could be premeditated murder, accidental death, neglect of a medical condition but there has been nothing to prove any of that so far.
The video shows that she left with Gannon and did not return with him. That is unexplained but not illegal.
Don't get me wrong, I think she is up to her ears in this. But, so far no arrest.

I think you're wrong about that, in Colorado. LS was responsible for an 11 year old child who is not legally able to stay by himself or be outside of parental supervision (except for school). I know lots of people disregard it, but there are as many as 3 statutes that she may have broken.

I think LE wants her to continue cooperating (now through a lawyer?) and the arrest looms in her future.

The appeal from Gannon's family -- my insides hurt. And the little sister, right to the heart.

Very coached, very deliberate IMO.... keep it light, be positive, hopeful, hold it together...

Did you catch the reference to "his sisters"?

I think this was a targeted message to someone who might have ENOUGH information to break this wide open but might be sitting on that information, afraid because of what will follow.

It's one thing to lose your father, it'd be a whole different thing to feel responsible for sending your only parent away and maybe for life, and have the courage to do it.

I think I know who they're talking to... message: it's safe to come forward... we won't be mad.

JMOJMOJMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads