Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gannon's sister is old enough to be able to tell investigators about abuse etc. Seems like there wasn't any as there's no arrest for that, or maybe there's no evidence if it was just him and he's not there to tell the tale.

I feel like the more we hear about things in the investigation, the less there is to go on.

What if LS is telling the truth at least that she didn't do anything directly to harm him? The only thing I can come up with then is negligence on one particular day when no one else was around to see it. No pattern of abuse or poor treatment. Just a one-time thing that got out of hand and she panicked. And she's defensive enough about everything that she can't admit to it.

Without hearing of more neighbor footage, we can safely assume that her leaving with him and coming back alone is the last time he was in that house. Never returned, didn't go to a friend's house without her knowing. The neighbor would have seen it on his camera, right? So we at least know she is lying about that one thing??

This is all I can think about lately. I have an 11-year-old daughter and they are just still SO young. Relatively helpless out there in the world alone due to their size and youthfulness, and he seemed smaller (because he was born premature I guess).

MOO she lied about his last known whereabouts. There is almost no other reason for that than foul play.

Omg I thought the same thing when I first saw him - food can be a form of abuse too I just cannot stand how these children are anything other than cherished - it still stuns next every single time
JMO

My son is close to GS's age. It breaks my heart to think anyone could hurt or neglect him, or any child, in any way. I can't wrap my mind around it. I keep refreshing the thread to see if he's been found safe.
I'll never forget how I felt when I got a breaking news alert that Jayme Closs was found ALIVE. It's been so long since any case I've followed has had any miracles.

Also, I'm buying a ring doorbell as soon as I can swing it.

<modsnip: Carpet was social media rumor and is off limits>

JMO TIA

I agree. If she is smart enough to put a post on a boy's phone. Then she's thinking tech savvy.......
I wonder what time that text was, could change a lot. If it was after she came home without Gannon, it could be a cover your *advertiser censored**, if it was before it could be considered premeditated IMO

February 6, 2020
“On February 6, 2020, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office and partners continued our search focused in the area of Lorson Ranch. Over 100 volunteer partners, 4 of our Mounted Unit members, and 3 Search and Rescue canines assisted in today's search efforts. Part of this investigation lead us to search this area initially on February 1st, this secondary search was conducted with additional equipment and technology we did not have previously. Our focus and our goal is to find Gannon and bring him home safely.

We will continue to search specific areas based on tips and leads in this investigation. The investigation and the search processes will continue to run parallel with one another in hopes of finding Gannon and bringing him home safely.

Our partners in our search and investigation efforts are:
4th Judicial District Attorney's Office, Army (multiple units - volunteers), Army 4th Engineer Battalion (volunteers), Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Colorado Springs Fire Department, Colorado Springs Police Department, Fountain Police Department, Douglas County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, El Paso County Public Works, El Paso County Search and Rescue, Emergency Incident Support, FBI, Flight for Life (searching purposes only), Fremont County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, National Guard 100th Missile Defense Brigade (volunteers), Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management, Salvation Army, and VOAD.

The Sheriff's Office has received 280 tips to date, and we continue to vet and follow-up on each lead coming in.

Follow our social media platforms but do not use it as a tool to report any tips or information on this case. If you have any information as it relates to Gannon's case, please call the Sheriff's Office Tip Line at 719-520-6666 or email tips@elpasoco.com.

MR 20-025“
Sheriff's Office Update on the Gannon Stauch Case
nice one!

IF she is guilty I suspect she made the phone search just when she returned from the trip and before the supposed time Gannon left for his friends house.

IMO
When he didn't come home when he was supposed to, she would have called him. His phone in that house would have rang. That tells me she could take that phone--- use it to start calling his friends. I'm very curious to find out how many of his friends she called looking for him.

I should say when he allegedly didn't come home...

This interview reflects the black & white video stills shown in the background, the ones I screenshot BEFORE the day video was released by ABC. In watching the segment again, I did notice something I had not seen before, they also showed a brief blurred out snippet of the day video.

I don't get it. Why blur it out? I think it would be obvious that it's Gannon walking to and into the car. LE saying the video would hinder the investigation yet blurred out it wouldn't? I know none of this really matters but it's just bothering me a little.

I don't get it. Why blur it out? I think it would be obvious that it's Gannon walking to and into the car. LE saying the video would hinder the investigation yet blurred out it wouldn't? I know none of this really matters but it's just bothering me a little.

Maybe his age. Minors are not supposed to be shown on media without written parental consent.
Schools and youth clubs all do a consent in a September, as in your child might end up in media due to school activities, do you consent.

You should hear the nightly yipping of coyotes we have across our street. It's very chilling. So they're out there, especially prairie land where new homes just keep popping up and where prairie dogs are being removed. We're literally taking their food from their homes and not getting the memo to them before we do it.
Everything most definitely true @ZhaZhaHa, I hear coyote packs nightly & they have been known to attack domestic pets. They roam the vacant grasslands that were part of today’s search efforts. IMO
ETA: Colorado Parks and Wildlife

The network was probably just showing the image that was blurred out when investigators asked them not to show it.
Later they released another image that wasn't altered.

Imo

Morning everyone....Here for Gannon.
I don’t understand what is happening with all the trips to Gannon’s home, but whatever their reasoning is, whatever the process, I trust they will get answers. They may not be the answers we want, but if these answers lead them to Gannon, that is all that matters...the rest will fall into place. Praying Gannon is found TODAY

Forgive me if this has been discussed....I have not kept up with all of the threads.

LE says they are looking for ANYTHING....even a scent or something that could track Gannon.

Did anyone else see in the video when SM returns home without Gannon the "paperwork, booklet, whatever" in her hand when she exited the vehicle?

If she did something to him, those papers could have had the scent of Gannon. Maybe they are searching for those papers to see if they detect any decomp smell?

Just a thought....

When he didn't come home when he was supposed to, she would have called him. His phone in that house would have rang. That tells me she could take that phone--- use it to start calling his friends. I'm very curious to find out how many of his friends she called looking for him.

I should say when he allegedly didn't come home...
I wonder how many doors she knocked on in the neighborhood after he did not return? Did any cameras/rings catch her out looking for Gannon? How many friends did she call? Even if you don't know his friends seems like you would be out knocking on every door in the neighborhood and surely his little sister knew the kids he played with?

Let's backtrack a second.

Thinking about the HB case and her baby. Most of us were certain on the whodunit and were completely wrong.

Is there a theory under which her story COULD check out?

Not likely, not defending, just asking...

He's home sick, she has errands to run, she takes him along.... she leaves him somewhere TO walk home.... expecting he WILL. To learn some lesson. When he doesn't get home, she might realize she can't tell people she ditched him....

A mile from home quickly becomes two miles, after a mile in the wrong direction.

I know everything points to her guilt (her demeanor, topping the list), I just want to make sure I'm looking at this without prejudice.

Is there ANYTHING to support her story?

JMOJMOJMO

She would still be guilty of homicide for that.

I hit post by accident before typing. Live update. No real new info released. Updates on equipment used, etc. The spokesperson did say they were at this location 2 days ago and were thorough, but now they have additional equipment.

My takeaway: they have a compelling reason to be back at this location. MOO of course. GPS info? MOO

I wonder how SM is reacting to this search. She's been pretty quiet these days.

Forgive me if this has been discussed....I have not kept up with all of the threads.

LE says they are looking for ANYTHING....even a scent or something that could track Gannon.

Did anyone else see in the video when SM returns home without Gannon the "paperwork, booklet, whatever" in her hand when she exited the vehicle?

If she did something to him, those papers could have had the scent of Gannon. Maybe they are searching for those papers to see if they detect any decomp smell?

Just a thought....

Her clothes, shoes, coat should be helpful as well.
(and the truck of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member