Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That brings up two things that two different poster said that I thought was interesting.
1. Someone said that when she was pulling forward and then stopping and then trying to back up the way that she was stopping abruptly could mean that she was reading her phone got a text so stopped abruptly, or something to that point. I thought that was interesting.
2. Another poster brought up that that truck might be stick, and that she might have had trouble pulling it forward and backing it up and then stalling it out so having to do it again.

So she was a stalling out I would venture to Guess that she quickly stopped because she got a text wanted to read it, that means she had the phone with her, or at least she was smart enough to get a burner oh, and leave hers at home.

Yall may laugh at me on this - thats ok....you CAN lol

But it seems the 2 car driveways/garages in CO are much smaller than other places in the country I have lived. Also, most driveways here have a downwards slope so the snow meltoff can drain into the street drainage.
I drive a Jeep GC - comparing to the truck, a little bit but not much smaller) and when I have to pull into my driveway/garage backwards - I struggle every time. I am not even a bad driver! Now and then I get it right the first time. Ok. Maybe a wee bit less than now and then.

2. Me knowing how to drive stick - that is a possibility for sure.

Statement Analysis of Step-Mom’s Interview 02/05/20 Wed
By “Peter Hyatt a Statement Analyst and instructor who teaches statement analysis and analytical interviewing to law enforcement and corporate America.”

Well done.

Follow his link on twitter for article:
Peter Hyatt on Twitter

In another analysis on his blog, he discuss the truth seen in the biological mom’s interview. That one is dated 02/06/20 Thur.

Last edited:
Did you guys catch LS on her interview saying she wants an apology? Especially from her husband!!! That says a lot right there. He must know way more about what has happened. Also for a teacher she has lots of trouble putting sentences together that make sense... I have no idea what point she was trying to make at the end about people talking about her and her reputation and somehow this looks bad for a missing child. I played it like 3 times and still didn't get the connection.
I think that was the idea, we were not supposed to make sense to anything she was saying. She talks in circles.

"Circular language tactics narcissists use to ensure that conversations with others never have satisfactory resolutions for the other party; can include projection, stonewalling, blameshifting, sympathy ploys, bringing up something the partner did, bringing up unrelated issues, starting the conversation over, and others.”

Word Salad: How and Why Narcissists Try to Confuse You in Conversations - Fairy Tale Shadows

Did you guys catch LS on her interview saying she wants an apology? Especially from her husband!!! That says a lot right there. He must know way more about what has happened. Also for a teacher she has lots of trouble putting sentences together that make sense... I have no idea what point she was trying to make at the end about people talking about her and her reputation and somehow this looks bad for a missing child. I played it like 3 times and still didn't get the connection.
I think that was the idea, we were not supposed to make sense to anything she was saying. She talks in circles.

"Circular language tactics narcissists use to ensure that conversations with others never have satisfactory resolutions for the other party; can include projection, stonewalling, blameshifting, sympathy ploys, bringing up something the partner did, bringing up unrelated issues, starting the conversation over, and others.”

Word Salad: How and Why Narcissists Try to Confuse You in Conversations - Fairy Tale Shadows

But it seems the 2 car driveways/garages in CO are much smaller than other places in the country I have lived. Also, most driveways here have a downwards slope so the snow meltoff can drain into the street drainage.
I drive a Jeep GC - comparing to the truck, a little bit but not much smaller) and when I have to pull into my driveway/garage backwards - I struggle every time. I am not even a bad driver! Now and then I get it right the first time. Ok. Maybe a wee bit less than now and then.

SOME driveways are that short. Mine is not and we still don’t have a dang snowblower and my back hurts. But yes, even in my neighborhood, some are really short and fit one car length, some would fit two. Depends on the lot size and house footprint

The videos don’t prove he wasn’t home around 3. How do we know for sure the husband cried and said what was claimed? If he did respond that way, how do we know why or if it was authentic? If it did happen and it was authentic, it doesn’t mean he thought she took the child somewhere and didn’t bring him back.
Well with all the facts we have on this. I'm going with the RD,and AS are trustworthy. Others not so much
MOO

One of my biggest pet peeves. I know a number of people who do this. I have a very logical way of thinking and when people do that - it drives me nuts!!!! I see through it, but you cannot do anything about it!

Mom never gave them up. She spoke or texted with Gannon every day.

Mom was in the service and was deployed at some point, and was hospitalised upon her return.
So she could not have full custody at that time.

But they did have joint custody and she was fully engaged in their lives.
Thank you for saying this.

Forgive me if this has been discussed....I have not kept up with all of the threads.

LE says they are looking for ANYTHING....even a scent or something that could track Gannon.

Did anyone else see in the video when SM returns home without Gannon the "paperwork, booklet, whatever" in her hand when she exited the vehicle?

If she did something to him, those papers could have had the scent of Gannon. Maybe they are searching for those papers to see if they detect any decomp smell?

Just a thought....
I don’t know. That’s possible.
I wanna know what those papers were. Was she keeping those as proof she went somewhere? Had to be important, I mean, she just hypothetically dropped Gannon off somewhere, but she had to make sure to bring those papers in with her?? MOO

OLIVIA PRENTZEL olivia.prentzel@gazette.com
Feb 6, 2020
2 hrs ago
“The search for Gannon Stauch, an 11-year-old boy who has been missing for more than a week, has moved from appeals for leads to his whereabouts to checking bodies of water near his Lorson Ranch home, authorities said Thursday.

A ‘remote-operated vehicle with sonar and video’ will be used to retrieve evidence from a small pond near the boy’s home, according to a tweet by Colorado Parks and Wildlife. CPW's Marine Evidence Recovery Team, which routinely assists searches for missing people and evidence, provided the vehicle after receiving ‘a mutual aid request’ from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, the tweet said.

The device will be used to look for ‘key pieces’ in the boy’s disappearance and does not suggest that investigators suspect Gannon is no longer alive, said Sgt. Deborah Mynatt, a spokeswoman for the Sheriff’s Office.

‘It’s not an indicator that we are searching for him in an unfortunate capacity of him being possibly dead. At this time, we have the hope that he is alive,’ Mynatt said.

Mynatt also said the use of the device is not in response to new information regarding Gannon.

On Thursday, searchers continued combing the area surrounding the home where Gannon lives with his father and stepmother. More than 100 volunteers, four deputies on horseback and three dog teams searched the area near Powers Boulevard and Bradley Road, spanning a 1½-mile radius, Mynatt said.

Initially, searchers spread out over a five-mile area near Lorson Ranch, but some places could not be searched without specialized equipment like the underwater device, she said.

Mynatt said she has no ‘specifics’ on what evidence the device is being used for.

‘We came back to the area to ensure we have 100% covered it and we didn’t miss anything,’ she said. No divers are being used in the search, she added.
Still, there is no criminal investigation and no arrests have been made, Mynatt said.

[SBM]”
Much more at the link:
Gannon Stauch: Search for missing Colorado Springs-area boy, 11, moves to nearby pond
BBM-- so they are saying this is NOT a criminal or suspicious investigation.
Does that mean they are still treating it as a "Runaway" case?
I mean, we know and LE know that it is more than that, so are they just saying that to the media/public ? maybe so someone doesn't get spooked into running or anything.

Mom never gave them up. She spoke or texted with Gannon every day.

Mom was in the service and was deployed at some point, and was hospitalised upon her return.
So she could not have full custody at that time.

But they did have joint custody and she was fully engaged in their lives.

Did they have joint physical custody? And if they did, were they exercising it? I got the impression that Gannon lived basically FT with his dad and sm for the past two years.

I wonder if she did not normally drive that truck but decided to use it on that day for a particular reason.

Did they have joint physical custody? And if they did, were they exercising it? I got the impression that Gannon lived basically FT with his dad and sm for the past two years.
I read that they have shared custody. Apparently he had physical custody at the time due to reasons described in the OP.
We don't know exactly what the arrangement is. Maybe the kids spend summers and holidays with mom or maybe they had planned for them to eventually go back to live with her.

Imo

The videos don’t prove he wasn’t home around 3. How do we know for sure the husband cried and said what was claimed? If he did respond that way, how do we know why or if it was authentic? If it did happen and it was authentic, it doesn’t mean he thought she took the child somewhere and didn’t bring him back.

These are curious questions.
I have zero reason to believe the neighbor who had the surveillance video had any reason to make any of this up.
Without finding the exact quote I believe it was stated that AS was visibly upset and claimed his wife lied about when she last saw Gannon.
That to me, sounds like he thought she took the child somewhere and didn't bring him back - since the video clearly shows (apparently) her returning to the house, alone.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member