Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they have joint physical custody? And if they did, were they exercising it? I got the impression that Gannon lived basically FT with his dad and sm for the past two years.
according to news articles I have read, they shared Joint custody and she was in contact with Gannon daily, per her words during the press conference
Here is one link..I am looking for the other newslinks
Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

My computer is being a bit of a "dog" today, no disrespect to dogs :), so I didn't catch it all.

Near the close of the interview, she answers a reporter's question about whether LE believe Gannon is still alive. Her response was reassuring, that they are operating on that belief. Sadly, it is not lost on us that they are searching a reservoir :(
Yes, apparently they did go. There is a picture of them there and I think the man in the background confirmed they were there.

Imo

Statement Analysis of Step-Mom’s Interview 02/05/20 Wed
By “Peter Hyatt a Statement Analyst and instructor who teaches statement analysis and analytical interviewing to law enforcement and corporate America.”

Well done.

Follow his link on twitter for article:
Peter Hyatt on Twitter

In another analysis on his blog, he discuss the truth seen in the biological mom’s interview. That one is dated 02/06/20 Thur.

(Hope this post correctly. Posted earlier but with glitches. jeni25)
Thank you jeni!!!!!!

You guys are right, I thought it was her beanie she had in her hand, but those look like papers! Looks to me like someone was double stopping so we have proof of where they were at. Bingo!
I thought it looked like a bag. The bags they give you from the pharmacy look a little like paper.

But from what I could see the white thing wasn't on her head when she came back so maybe it was her hat.

Then again it's hard to make out any details in that video on my phone.

I do wonder if she ever picked up a prescription or went to the Doctor.

Imo

I'm sure it hasn't escaped LE's attention that before she backs in to the driveway, she takes a black bag out to the truck while it's on the road. I wonder if that black bag has been located either in the truck, garage or the house? Did AS recognize that bag and know what was in it and realize it is missing? Is that why he broke down when the neighbour showed him the video footage? Maybe she lied to him about a missing black bag containing a rifle as well as all the other lies?

I had a coyote come after me and my 56 pound dog a few months ago. It wasn't injured. Didn't appear sick. It was not at all scared of me even though I ran at it screaming (I turned and it was suddenly in the baseball diamond with us, facing my dog, two feet away, so I charged at it), sprayed it with pepper spray (didn't work well), and banged my dog ball thrower on the baseball fence while yelling "get back!!" and throwing my arms up and sort of acting like I was rushing at it. It just quietly loped over the low fence and then stalked us as we walked the length of it trying to get to safety. I had to face it a second time, kept yelling, backed up as it followed until I was close to some tennis courts where there were people. Then we ran in.

It shocked me because I never thought a lone coyote would try for a dog it's same size. I also thought I could easily scare one off. No and no. Apparently, attacks are on the rise in some suburban areas as they lose fear of humans and begin to associate us with food sources (garbage, roaming pets, pet food and even feeding). I researched after it came at us.

I think a coyote could easily attack an 11 year old child. Chicago coyote bites child, man in 'extremely rare' attack

But I also don't think that's what happened to Gannon at all.
Wow.

I'm sure it hasn't escaped LE's attention that before she backs in to the driveway, she takes a black bag out to the truck while it's on the road. I wonder if that black bag has been located either in the truck, garage or the house? Did AS recognize that bag and know what was in it and realize it is missing? Is that why he broke down when the neighbour showed him the video footage? Maybe she lied to him about a missing black bag containing a rifle as well as all the other lies?

Could be one of the many things they took out in the evidence bags

according to news articles I have read, they shared Joint custody and she was in contact with Gannon daily, per her words during the press conference
Here is one link..I am looking for the other newslinks
Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Thanks. That's what I remember seeing. Gannon's mom lives in a totally different state and Gannon was living ft with his dad at this time. So maybe they still had joint physical custody on paper (or maybe just joint decision-making custody) but were voluntarily not exercising it for the past couple of years.

My computer is being a bit of a "dog" today, no disrespect to dogs :), so I didn't catch it all.

Near the close of the interview, she answers a reporter's question about whether LE believe Gannon is still alive. Her response was reassuring, that they are operating on that belief. Sadly, it is not lost on us that they are searching a reservoir :(
Yes, apparently they did go. There is a picture of them there and I think the man in the background confirmed they were there.

Imo[/QUOTEyes. She SM posted the picture from GOTG online herself. The odd thing i noticed was the time stamp on the picture said 1149pm OR right around that time in a very odd font. It just caught my attention. It was like a handwriting font.

Do you mean a large bag like a duffel bag? I couldn't even see that.

El Paso County Sheriff’s Office utilizes new equipment in search for Gannon Stauch

2/6/2020

FOX31 asked the sheriff's office about the surveillance video that was previously turned over from the Stauch's neighbor, Roderrick Drayton. Drayton said his video shows Stauch and his stepmom leaving their house together on the day he disappeared, but hours later, the neighbor says the video only shows the stepmom returning.

FOX31: “Can you comment on the surveillance video? The neighbor said the time stamp doesn’t match up with the statement Gannon’s step mother gave you."

El Paso County Sheriff's Office: “And that’s part of the investigation. The sheriff’s office won’t be commenting on that video or confirming any parts of the video at this time.”

While the sheriff’s office said it does not consider this a criminal investigation, Coffman is not ruling out foul play.

“Perhaps at some point later, the justice system will be involved in addressing anyone who might have participated in his disappearance but that’s down the road. Finding him is the focus,” Coffman said.

Coffman served a single term as attorney general of Colorado, and said her background and training leads her to believe there could be more to come from this investigation. She is urging everyone to continue to look for clues in Stauch’s disappearance.

“Look out for anything you think might be significant. The smallest thing you might have seen or heard might be the piece of the puzzle to find Gannon,” Coffman said.
Excellent post Seattle!! There is much to glean from this post! Wowzers!!!!!

Would coyotes ever attack a human who is injured?

Coyotes and coyote behavior varies widely depending on where you are. For example in the Eastern US, our coyotes are relatively small (25-35 lbs) and generally speaking won't attack anything larger than a cocker spaniel. They're a little larger in Colorado. Around 30-45 lbs.

Annually there are only an average of two coyote attacks on people in the US with zero fatalities.
Those attacks almost always include the human being with a dog (and near their mate or den) OR the coyote being rabid or injured.

There were -0- coyotes in Colorado with rabies last year.
Sooo... I'd say the chances of a coyote attack are insanely slim.

Last edited:
El Paso County Sheriff’s Office utilizes new equipment in search for Gannon Stauch

2/6/2020

FOX31 asked the sheriff's office about the surveillance video that was previously turned over from the Stauch's neighbor, Roderrick Drayton. Drayton said his video shows Stauch and his stepmom leaving their house together on the day he disappeared, but hours later, the neighbor says the video only shows the stepmom returning.

FOX31: “Can you comment on the surveillance video? The neighbor said the time stamp doesn’t match up with the statement Gannon’s step mother gave you."

El Paso County Sheriff's Office: “And that’s part of the investigation. The sheriff’s office won’t be commenting on that video or confirming any parts of the video at this time.”

While the sheriff’s office said it does not consider this a criminal investigation, Coffman is not ruling out foul play.

“Perhaps at some point later, the justice system will be involved in addressing anyone who might have participated in his disappearance but that’s down the road. Finding him is the focus,” Coffman said.

Coffman served a single term as attorney general of Colorado, and said her background and training leads her to believe there could be more to come from this investigation. She is urging everyone to continue to look for clues in Stauch’s disappearance.

“Look out for anything you think might be significant. The smallest thing you might have seen or heard might be the piece of the puzzle to find Gannon,” Coffman said.
Caufman is not ruling out foul play!

You guys are right, I thought it was her beanie she had in her hand, but those look like papers! Looks to me like someone was double stopping so we have proof of where they were at. Bingo!

what sort of papers would prove where they were at? I’m confused. Sorry if I’m missing something

Crews use submersible, sonar-equipped vehicle to search water bodies for Gannon Stauch

2/6/2020

CPW said its Marine Evidence Recovery Team searched a small pond near Colorado Springs using the vehicle, which has a device to retrieve evidence underwater.

It was at least the second time the crews have searched in the area, though law enforcement officials declined to get into specifics on exactly where they were searching and why.

Mynatt said the searches came in response to “good leads” investigators received in recent days. She said that more than 500 people from the community had volunteered for any potential searches that may come, and that the sheriff’s office would call on those people to help when it is needed.

Mynatt said that investigators had received a new piece of equipment to utilize in Thursday’s search but declined to say what it was aside from that it had come from a fire department that is one of the partner agencies.

She said that the search would continue even as poor weather moves through the Colorado Springs area Thursday and in coming days.
Wow!

"...good leads investigators received in recent days."

How do you KNOW? Strong suspicion, yes. But as to factual data, at this juncture, there is no named POI, no criminal investigation, no named suspect, no proof of crime that has been put forth publicly by LE.

There are likely legal issues, and possibly even resource acquisition issues, surrounding a move from a missing/endangered person to a criminal investigation.

There is so much that the average person simply does not know when it comes to LE investigative work in this type of case. These guys/gals have to have their act together or the whole thing can crumble in an instant.

I've not convicted a soul, in my mind. I have strong beliefs, yes, suspicions, yes, but am open to any and all possibilities moving forward.

BBM.

Yeah, that's untrue. There is absolutely a criminal investigation. You don't get search warrants unless there is a criminal investigation. And you can't get search warrants without probable cause that a crime occurred. And they got search warrants for the home, three vehicles, it appears and from what I can tell, for various electronics.

They have probable cause that a crime related to Gannon's disappearance occurred.

Head trauma like you said. Internal injuries like if she kicked him in the midsection hard enough. So blood, vomit, maybe?
I was remembering some speculating about what medication Gannon relies on. AFAIK, it has not been confirmed, and everything from Miralax to an Epipen have been discussed as possibilities. It does not seem like his meds are usually a life-and-death issue like insulin would be, or there would have been a lot more urgency about them than there has been in all the press conferences, etc.
One of the possibilities mentioned was an inhaler. Kids who were born prematurely, as Gannon was, are of course at much higher risk for asthma (whether GS actually has asthma is pure speculation). He might be totally fine most of the time, as asthma can present symptoms along a big spectrum. But what if he suffered one or more asthma attacks (maybe after the Sunday hike or on Monday around 10 AM?) and LS refused to help him? Maybe his inhaler hadn't been refilled and she didn't want to bother because she resents him, and then he was suddenly in so much distress it was too late?

BBM.

Yeah, that's untrue. There is absolutely a criminal investigation. You don't get search warrants unless there is a criminal investigation. And you can't get search warrants without probable cause that a crime occurred. And they got search warrants for the home, three vehicles, it appears and from what I can tell, for various electronics.

They have probable cause that a crime related to Gannon's disappearance occurred.

Are there search warrants? I think only the dad and his ex are at the house now. Couldn't he have consented to the search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop