Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it looked like a bag. The bags they give you from the pharmacy look a little like paper.

But from what I could see the white thing wasn't on her head when she came back so maybe it was her hat.

Then again it's hard to make out any details in that video on my phone.

I do wonder if she ever picked up a prescription or went to the Doctor.

Imo
If she did, there will be a record of it

Wow!
"...good leads investigators received in recent days."

My gut feeling with today's activities is that LE has a really good picture of what happened. Either someone has talked or the evidence is starting to paint a very clear picture.

It seems to me that they are targeting very specific things and going back to that pond with new equipment tells me they are fully expecting something to be found there.

I'm still very confused by the "no POI" and "not a criminal investigation" stuff but I pretty firmly believe that is being done to hold off social media frenzy.

Have there been any reports of the activities at the house today? I skimmed in catching up and didn't see anything but I may have missed it.

I don’t believe she did....IMO
Generally speaking, does anyone know if social media activity can be used during a trial?
TS herself posted the picture of her GS AND the baby sister at GOTG on that Sunday. I did find the time stamp and font at top of picture odd. It was a 1149pm (i need to go and look again) but the time stamp is close to midnight. The font is very odd like a handwriting font.

Yes, but if they do they most likely are exhibiting signs of rabies. Mostly they run from humans.
Unfortunately is not the case anymore. 2 people separate incidents in Chicago, were bitten by an eventually captured coyote. It was injured but tested negative for rabies. I believe it has been taken in by a Wildlife Rehab facility.

I had a coyote come after me and my 56 pound dog a few months ago. It wasn't injured. Didn't appear sick. It was not at all scared of me even though I ran at it screaming (I turned and it was suddenly in the baseball diamond with us, facing my dog, two feet away, so I charged at it), sprayed it with pepper spray (didn't work well), and banged my dog ball thrower on the baseball fence while yelling "get back!!" and throwing my arms up and sort of acting like I was rushing at it. It just quietly loped over the low fence and then stalked us as we walked the length of it trying to get to safety. I had to face it a second time, kept yelling, backed up as it followed until I was close to some tennis courts where there were people. Then we ran in.

It shocked me because I never thought a lone coyote would try for a dog it's same size. I also thought I could easily scare one off. No and no. Apparently, attacks are on the rise in some suburban areas as they lose fear of humans and begin to associate us with food sources (garbage, roaming pets, pet food and even feeding). I researched after it came at us.

I think a coyote could easily attack an 11 year old child. Chicago coyote bites child, man in 'extremely rare' attack

But I also don't think that's what happened to Gannon at all.

Yikes! Glad you and your dog are okay!

Are there search warrants? I think only the dad and his ex are at the house now. Couldn't he have consented to the search?
He could have, but I doubt LE would remove so much evidence without a warrant, especially if some of those things belonged to TS.

I don't know about the cars.I know they towed the white car but I haven't heard anything about the truck or another car. I would assume they are part of the investigation, though.

Imo

How do you KNOW? Strong suspicion, yes. But as to factual data, at this juncture, there is no named POI, no criminal investigation, no named suspect, no proof of crime that has been put forth publicly by LE.

There are likely legal issues, and possibly even resource acquisition issues, surrounding a move from a missing/endangered person to a criminal investigation.

There is so much that the average person simply does not know when it comes to LE investigative work in this type of case. These guys/gals have to have their act together or the whole thing can crumble in an instant.

I've not convicted a soul, in my mind. I have strong beliefs, yes, suspicions, yes, but am open to any and all possibilities moving forward.
You got me... I do NOT know.. I should have said "suspected"
Yes, I am that Average person who simply does not know how investigations work all the time

Day or night, regardless of weather, we continue to search specific areas based on tips and leads in this investigation. The investigation and the search processes will continue to run parallel with one another in hopes of finding Gannon and bringing him home safely. #FindGannon

EPCSheriff on Twitter

Attachments

• A924D0CA-C0C0-4537-93F2-E954542B5A77.jpeg
    A924D0CA-C0C0-4537-93F2-E954542B5A77.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 137
  • F5D2C071-1DE6-4A69-BEAF-2904824ECD27.jpeg
    F5D2C071-1DE6-4A69-BEAF-2904824ECD27.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 154
  • B0FDD2F5-9C4C-4633-A1E4-30E613B6ACEA.jpeg
    B0FDD2F5-9C4C-4633-A1E4-30E613B6ACEA.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 149
  • 6F3C5B2F-B5D1-4C59-B0A6-710929645667.jpeg
    6F3C5B2F-B5D1-4C59-B0A6-710929645667.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 131
They took the step sisters car. I don't think from the way TS described it that it was particularly consented to!
With so many cars involved in this investigation, I wonder if there is more than one person involved. Which is the third car?

Caufman is not ruling out foul play!

EBM to tag @gitana1
A close friend of the Stauch family!!

Coffman served a single term as attorney general of Colorado, and said her background and training leads her to believe there could be more to come from this investigation. She is urging everyone to continue to look for clues in Stauch’s disappearance.

I was remembering some speculating about what medication Gannon relies on ...

Word. For sure. But I don't know what kind of physical evidence would be left behind from her denying him something like an inhaler or a laxative, if any. We were wondering about what kind of things could have happened where there would be enough evidence for them to take out in bags, but still allow him to walk out to the truck.

They took the step sisters car. I don't think from the way TS described it that it was particularly consented to!

I can't find a link for that. Do you have one, please? I heard about the handcuff/gun incident, but can't find anything that says they took the car.

That thought never even occurred to me that it could have been Tuesday. Without a known time stamp anything is possible.

I think my post is wrong.
Warwick7

El Paso County Sheriff’s Office utilizes new equipment in search for Gannon Stauch

2/6/2020

FOX31 asked the sheriff's office about the surveillance video that was previously turned over from the Stauch's neighbor, Roderrick Drayton. Drayton said his video shows Stauch and his stepmom leaving their house together on the day he disappeared, but hours later, the neighbor says the video only shows the stepmom returning.

FOX31: “Can you comment on the surveillance video? The neighbor said the time stamp doesn’t match up with the statement Gannon’s step mother gave you."

El Paso County Sheriff's Office: “And that’s part of the investigation. The sheriff’s office won’t be commenting on that video or confirming any parts of the video at this time.”

While the sheriff’s office said it does not consider this a criminal investigation, Coffman is not ruling out foul play.

“Perhaps at some point later, the justice system will be involved in addressing anyone who might have participated in his disappearance but that’s down the road. Finding him is the focus,” Coffman said.

Coffman served a single term as attorney general of Colorado, and said her background and training leads her to believe there could be more to come from this investigation. She is urging everyone to continue to look for clues in Stauch’s disappearance.

“Look out for anything you think might be significant. The smallest thing you might have seen or heard might be the piece of the puzzle to find Gannon,” Coffman said.

according to news articles I have read, they shared Joint custody and she was in contact with Gannon daily, per her words during the press conference
Here is one link..I am looking for the other newslinks
Gannon Stauch Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

I'm assuming if true that LH is in the military, she is either stationed somewhere else or married again (do we know if she married again?), new husband moved, and she can't do anything about that physical locale at this point in time.

what sort of papers would prove where they were at? I’m confused. Sorry if I’m missing something

If she really got a prescription for something for Gannon's stomach, for example? my pharmacy gives me a white bag, a dated receipt, and care instructions with the name of the patient for which it's being dispensed upon it.

Have there been any reports of the activities at the house today? I skimmed in catching up and didn't see anything but I may have missed it.

This was posted here earlier in the thread so I don't think they were there.

"Very quiet at the home today.@EPCSheriff says the crime lab may be making periodic stops by here over the next few days. I haven’t seen it yet."
Brandon Thompson on Twitter

Yes, but if they do they most likely are exhibiting signs of rabies. Mostly they run from humans.

This isn’t true anymore. The more humans encroach on their territory, the more we are seeing cases like Gitana described. I see posts like hers almost weekly on FB local community groups during coyote mating season. They are not afraid of humans.

ETA - I agree with Gitana that’s not what happened to him (We’ve been down this road with the Sherin Matthews case).

Ugh! I quoted wrong post somehow! Let me see if I can find the right one. Apologies to inthedetails.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know TS said she wasn't staying at the house because the biological mom was there. But why wasn't she really there? Was there immediate tension between her and the father? Do we know anything about their relationship before GS went missing? Have the other children expressed concern of TS?
Sorry for the questions, I didn't learn of Gannon until 5 days in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly