Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s an interactive AUGER map of the mines in the area. Wow I can’t believe how many there are. I recall a case where a wife of a soldier was found at the bottom of one. In my mind I’m trying to think of places to hide as an alive person, places a child could have fallen into and places someone would store a body. Geocortex Viewer for HTML5

This...also wouldn't there have been some type of electronic communication between Gannon and said friend. Such as a text or phone call. He wasn't at school that day. It seems odd to me that he wouldn't have had any communications with his friends all day (i.e. not at school to socialize) so how would he know who was able to play?

Also, I'm assuming he's in elementary school, and it looks like the dismissal bell is at 2:30 PM. By the time they dismissed, got on the buses loaded [assuming they rode the bus as I believe it was mentioned previously] and started their bus trip home would the other children be home from school at 3:15. I guess that would depend on where they were on the bus route. My daughter's bell rings at 3:15, I pick her up directly at school. She comes out of the building to me around 3:20. The buses are still loading up and not pulling out of the parking lot until about 3:30-3:40. I would assume (again MOO) that most kids would need to vacate the bus and check-in at home before they went to play with friends and possibly do homework before playing as well. And yes to the above I wouldn't nor would I let my kids say "Can I go to a friend's house?" it would be "Can I go over to Susie's house?"

I'd be interested to know if and what communication he had with his friends that day. The timeline and complete occurrence doesn't work for me. MOO
Gameplay too, It's been mentioned he loves Sonic. Also I really doubt there was any call to any doctor. If there actually had been I'm pretty sure Mom,and Dad would have verified that in the pressers. Poor Gannon. Someone other than TS knows what happend to Bubba. That's gotta be a heavy load to bear. A really,really heavy load.
MOO

A thread or two ago we all looked at it and I think the consensus was that that is the door. It looks like she kicked open the door hard and it bounces back and forth a few times. MOO

Respectfully, I looked at it on a large monitor in high-res. The head appears and there's an arm moving back and forth. If it was a door, it's not her door. It's on the other side of the truck. As well, I have a truck and have always had trucks. If you kick a truck door, they are solid. They don't bounce. Cars might. But this is a wiping motion. IMO

Respectfully, I looked at it on a large monitor in high-res. The head appears and there's an arm moving back and forth. If it was a door, it's not her door. It's on the other side of the truck. As well, I have a truck and have always had trucks. If you kick a truck door, they are solid. They don't bounce. Cars might. But this is a wiping motion. IMO

it is 100% the truck door bouncing, along with its attached side view mirror. What you were seeing as an arm is the mirror.

(Speaking as a truck owner who is capable of bouncing the door all the way back closed on myself as I struggle to get out.)

I have a Nissan Titan, the big bother of the Frontier. It will absolutely bounce back and forth when I use my foot and kick it open. If it wasn't dumping snow here I would take a video. Maybe once the snow calms down I'll get it.

This...also wouldn't there have been some type of electronic communication between Gannon and said friend. Such as a text or phone call. He wasn't at school that day. It seems odd to me that he wouldn't have had any communications with his friends all day (i.e. not at school to socialize) so how would he know who was able to play?

Also, I'm assuming he's in elementary school, and it looks like the dismissal bell is at 2:30 PM. By the time they dismissed, got on the buses loaded [assuming they rode the bus as I believe it was mentioned previously] and started their bus trip home would the other children be home from school at 3:15. I guess that would depend on where they were on the bus route. My daughter's bell rings at 3:15, I pick her up directly at school. She comes out of the building to me around 3:20. The buses are still loading up and not pulling out of the parking lot until about 3:30-3:40. I would assume (again MOO) that most kids would need to vacate the bus and check-in at home before they went to play with friends and possibly do homework before playing as well. And yes to the above I wouldn't nor would I let my kids say "Can I go to a friend's house?" it would be "Can I go over to Susie's house?"

I'd be interested to know if and what communication he had with his friends that day. The timeline and complete occurrence doesn't work for me. MOO
I thought I remember reading the sub was new and the school was brand new very very close but could be wrong.

I hate to say this, but I'd think that if they had any kind of gps info for those four hours, that they would have found him by now.

I almost wonder if LE is just trying to make sure he isn't anywhere near home, because some people would criticize them if he is eventually found close to home.

MOO
I would bet my sweet life LE wouldn't be in the slightest bit perturbed by any criticism they'd receive in the wake of this. Multi agency. Cream of the crop. They'll get it right.

Is it odd to anyone besides me that Gannon had to text his dad who is 2 states away to ask if he can play at X or Y friend's house? I get talking to each other every day and being hands on. In my house, if I am not home, my kids would ask my spouse. Why would Gannon not ask his step-mother but call/text dad, especially since dad is away so much? Was dad concerned with her judgment? Is it a family control issue--"you raise your kid and I raise mine" kind of thing? It just is odd to me that the person in the home is not the one who is asked.

I'm trying to locate the MSM article that states that Gannon texted his dad that day. Can someone provide a link for this? TIA.

It’s the driver’s side door, you guys. She kicks it open wide with her foot and it bounces back and forth.

It looks like she might have kicked the door open because she was holding a white rag in her hands. You can see it in her hands as she walks into the garage.

I cannot bring myself to believe that she dropped a sick or injured child she has taken care of for two years, off on the side of the road or dropped him over a cliff while he was still alive. How would someone live with those cries in her ears or the sight of that for the rest of her life.
I still think she was taking him to a hospital and he died in the back seat before she got him that far. I think she recognized the trouble she was in to bring a child who, most likely had been deteriorating for several hours either from an intestinal problem or a head injury and the hospital personnel would have had to take him out of the back seat of a pick up truck. The hospital would never have believed any concocted story, they would have looked at her and reacted to an extreme medical neglect. She knew she was in deep trouble.
I think she drove around with him for an hour or so, trying to figure out what to do and concocting a cover story. I think she left his lifeless body somewhere. If she doesn't crack and tell LE where he is, what does LE do next?

I also would like to believe that she intended to get help as that would be showing some humanity. At this point, LE knows where her cell phone was all day on Monday and if she left it behind or turned it off from 10-2, then she did not have any good intentions when she left. If it was with her and on (which I truly hope it was), then there is hope he may be found and this storyline has a small chance at being the truth.

I just briefly caught up by browsing the last few posts on the previous thread and zooming through the 11 pages on this new thread. Whew! I went to sleep at 1AM, thinking I'd be ready to pick up on current news this morning, ha! The thread is moving too fast, but I'm good with that since it's proof of how many people care about this sweet boy.

So, it sounds like they are still searching the reservoir. How big of an area is it? Have there been any estimates of how much time they expect this to take?

And I briefly caught the name of an attorney (starts with C) - is this a spokesperson for the family? Or did I get that wrong? Anything else I may have missed?

I just want to give LH a hug. I woke up thinking about her. She is a class act, imo. The eloquence she has spoken with, her ability to speak from her heart, and the way she smiled reassuringly at her little girl in the family video... She exudes honesty and integrity and a sincere love for her children. Gannon would/will be so proud of his mama. She won't give up on him.
And shame on anyone who is questioning why she didnt have custody of her son and daughter. She very well could have done it for the most unselfish of reasons, ie financial instability, mental health issues, drugs. Whatever the case, she thought it was what was best. She has custody of her other daughter and seems to have a great relationship with her ex and sees her 2 other kids often based on pictures I've seen. I wouldnt be able to speak if this was my child and that step monster wouldnt have a choice but to tell me where my kid is if I got my hands on her. Much love to the whole family

If that is GS on the video clip, and it has not been 100% confirmed by LE that it is, then that would be the last sighting of him outside of the SM claim unless he was seen by a doctor or other person.

RSBM

"A spokeswoman for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Department said investigators have a copy of the video and do not dispute Drayton’s description of what the footage purportedly shows. The video, they caution, is only one part of the investigation." Family of missing Colorado boy makes tearful plea after new surveillance video revealed

While they didn't come outright and say "yes, this is him"... they pretty much did, when they said they do not dispute what the footage shows.

jmo

Also respectfully, the source is low resolution so there is no way to view this in high-res. The larger the image is viewed, the less it is defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore