Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought but my parents rule growing up (I realize not all parents do the same) if you missed school, there was no socializing that day. You were in the house. When it was released that he did not go to school that day but disappeared after going to a friends house, that gave me pause as to the truth of events.

I can’t for the life of me find the Tweet, as it was posted by a reporter I don’t follow. But in regards to the Sheriff’s office thanking Verizon, it was for some sort of technical support in the search effort. Apparently this reporter was getting a lot of inquiries by people as nosy as us.

I’m sure they’ve been involved if they are the service provider of SM (complying with warrants), but they weren’t listed as a partner because of that.

It was purely technical.

I hated how TS said, "I would never hurt THIS child" like he wasn't part of the family. Also was very rude of her to say, "I have been taking care of him for 2 years because his mother didn't want to" who on earth says things like that knowing the mother is hurting and trying to find her son. It was just so low and says a lot about the type of person she is and how she carries herself.

Her wording makes it sound like she doesn’t consider it to be Gannons home
That's plausible. She did seem to make it clear she considered her home hers and her husbands, but not necessarily Gannon's. Another option, since she also sated he was alive, that a "here" could be some place other than the home. "When you get here". Not, as with a runaway "when you come back"? There's issues with that wording.

That’s exactly what I think happened. She went into that interview making a conscious effort to talk about him in the present tense. Once her mind started racing, as the questions kept coming, she just couldn’t help herself.

She talked about him in the past tense, because that’s the truth.

Even more telling, at the very start of the interview, after the reporter asked her name, the very first question was "you were the last person to see him, is that right?" and she said "correct." ....well wait a gosh darn second, how does she know that for sure? He actually went off to play, right? He could have been seen by a bunch of folks, neighbors, friends, right? Right?? ...unless...

I hated how TS said, "I would never hurt THIS child" like he wasn't part of the family. Also was very rude of her to say, "I have been taking care of him for 2 years because his mother didn't want to" who on earth says things like that knowing the mother is hurting and trying to find her son. It was just so low and says a lot about the type of person she is and how she carries herself.

Yeah, it says a lot about the person. It says nothing about what happened to them.

Even more telling, at the very start of the interview, after the reporter asked her name, the very first question was "you were the last person to see him, is that right?" and she said "correct." ....well wait a gosh darn second, how does she know that for sure? He actually went off to play, right? He could have been seen by a bunch of folks, neighbors, friends, right? Right?? ...unless...

Oh my god that’s true. There is so much to unpack from her interview.

Correction. Step-mother never said, "when you get home", referring to Gannon. She said, "when you get here".

I'm not going to make theories about it, but I think the wording is odd. If my stepchild was missing, and I was claiming that were alive, I would say, when you get home. Not "When you get here". Can't explain why I think there's a difference, but I do.

What I got out of her interview was that her main concern was to receive an apology when Gannon appears.. And she knows he will. The whole thing was just a self-serving session and everyone owes her because 20 crazies made mean threats. Oh, and also the cops were mean and violated her rights......IMO

I can’t for the life of me find the Tweet, as it was posted by a reporter I don’t follow. But in regards to the Sheriff’s office thanking Verizon, it was for some sort of technical support in the search effort. Apparently this reporter was getting a lot of inquiries by people as nosy as us.

I’m sure they’ve been involved if they are the service provider of SM (complying with warrants), but they weren’t listed as a partner because of that.

It was purely technical.

BBM:

You saying that prompted me to recall something DA May said in his press conference after the Berreth trial.

He said that the FBI actually discovered they had capabilities that they hadn't even been aware of prior to the case with regard to cell phone/digital analysis and tracking.

Now I need to go find that quote and see if it may end up being something that could prove helpful to LE in this case as well.

JMO.

Pretty sure by that point in the investigation it had been ruled out that anyone else had seen him. Whether or not she'd claimed he'd gone to a friend's, facts have to have shown she was the last person to see him. She couldn't very well claim others who never came forward had seen him.

Random thought but my parents rule growing up (I realize not all parents do the same) if you missed school, there was no socializing that day. You were in the house. When it was released that he did not go to school that day but disappeared after going to a friends house, that gave me pause as to the truth of events.

It did the opposite for me. I have, usually reluctantly, let my kids out after school to play with friends when they've stayed home from school "sick." I explained it in an earlier post and it's based on my own kids' patterns of behavior. I'm not exaggerating when I say they've missed school actually sick less than 10 times from kindie to or through HS. They just don't get sick, so sometimes I just let them stay home because they never have a sick day off. Or sometimes I let them stay home when they're just tired, or not really sick, but a little "punky." Once their friends get home, I sometimes let them go play after school. That said, I realize that my stance on that isn't the "norm." So if I were going to make up a story, I'd say I wouldn't let him leave because he stayed home sick, but he took off anyway.

Last edited:
That's plausible. She did seem to make it clear she considered her home hers and her husbands, but not necessarily Gannon's. Another option, since she also sated he was alive, that a "here" could be some place other than the home. "When you get here". Not, as with a runaway "when you come back"? There's issues with that wording.
She stated he was alive? How could she know that if she had nothing to do with his disappearance?

I was expecting LE to descend as she spoke!

She stated he was alive? How could she know that if she had nothing to do with his disappearance?

It’s true. An innocent person would never claim knowledge they don’t have. Same with claiming she was the last one to see Gannon. Same with claiming he will be coming back. She is talking from a script she made up.

Very interesting points made here...
makes me wonder whether some public episode occurred that would have been noticed and that would have identified her. That is the best theory by far as rationale for the back of head and left shoulder movement..

Drew Peterson did the same thing. Walked around with a bandana covering his face. I felt he was hiding from a witness.

She really did give it up right then and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay