Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it odd to anyone besides me that Gannon had to text his dad who is 2 states away to ask if he can play at X or Y friend's house? I get talking to each other every day and being hands on. In my house, if I am not home, my kids would ask my spouse. Why would Gannon not ask his step-mother but call/text dad, especially since dad is away so much? Was dad concerned with her judgment? Is it a family control issue--"you raise your kid and I raise mine" kind of thing? It just is odd to me that the person in the home is not the one who is asked.

Maybe she was resentful about parenting him and did not want the responsibility of it.

Just running this by people..
He was taken for a drive, died and returned to be disposed of in an area where he could physically have got to be himself, walking ?
That's not panning out.
I can understand killing in the house and disposing of him secretly in an area he could have reached on foot.
I'm not understanding using a 4hr window for the task only to dump him semi locally on way back???
I'm still only imagining being pushed fro a height into rocks or a waterbody?
Am I reading it wrong?

She could have got rid of him fairly quickly and just gone about her daily business though,just because she was out for 4 hours doesnt necessarily mean she used them all for Gannon IMO

She could have got rid of him fairly quickly and just gone about her daily business though,just because she was out for 4 hours doesnt necessarily mean she used them all for Gannon IMO
She should have been seen if she went about her daily business. Did she go shopping? Stop by to see some friends? That's a long time to be gone imo. I wonder what she said she had been doing.

Cynthia H. Coffman, a Stauch family spokesperson, tells PEOPLE the family felt emotional after they saw the surveillance footage.

“It was very emotional to the family to see the video, because it’s hopeful. And seeing him alive and walking is certainly a positive and heart-rending thing. … Anything, at this point, that shows their son, after he’s believed to have disappeared, is going to be incredibly emotional.”

Coffman also says the video helps “fill in some blanks.”

“We can each draw our individual conclusions based on our own experience,” she says. “But the thing that matters is to get to the bottom of this, so we find Gannon. And if anyone has seen anything … or believes that they can help, we want them to. We don’t want people to hesitate and say, ‘Oh, that’s probably not important. That doesn’t mean anything.’ Because sometimes those are the most important facts that are missing.”
Neighbor of Missing Boy, 11, Claims to Have Footage Showing Him with Stepmother Before He Vanished

eta:The Gazette

Why would LE intentionally leak information about important evidence, though?
I would think it would only benefit the suspect.

Does anyone know if they have done this in other cases and for what reason?

Just curious because several people have suggested the leak was intentional.

I know someone said it may have been to scare the stepmother or send her a message but I would think it would make her want to run or at least give her time to come up with a story.

Imo

I'm very far behind so may have been suggested already,but my guess would be once a suspect starts concocting stories to fit with what evidence they think is known is when they start slipping up and making stupid mistakes,especially since the evidence they think LE has is most likely just a snippet and no where near the full picture. So maybe they want her to tell them a story so they can hit her with,oh I see then how do you explain this?

but the killing took place outside of the home in order not to leave any traces in the home?
I agree it could have been quick but then she would have had the job of disposing of him in broad daylight. Within the 4 hrs. And the killing and the disposal may have been a single act?

The first below link outlines tribal areas. A link to the Lumbee tribe been reported in msm. Posting as possibility of desolated familiar area

I don't get it. What does her tribal affiliation have to do with anything? Her tribe is on the other side of the country, in North Carolina

I don't get it. What does her tribal affiliation have to do with anything? Her tribe is on the other side of the country, in North Carolina
Possibly a link to connections she have made in her current location that may have assisted her in hiding Gannon. I wish.
I have not studied her tribe but I'm curious as to whether she maintained any of her traditions or loyalty to her culture?
I suspect she did not from what we know of her nature and I wonder again if she held anything at all in high regard and respect?

Read way back about a church doing a prayer vigil. Thought something said about the family being church going as well. Does anyone now if this family was active or not together in attending any church and if so has there been any comment from the church leadership or members ? How many weed stores are around the house and why move there? I ask because I had a uncle that moved to Astoria Oregon because he said it was as far as he could get away from x wife without jumping into ocean, and because Detroit grew due to jobs-but Colorado Springs?

For those that think she pushed him off a cliff somewhere...

how did she get him up there? Did she carry him up a mountain? 90 lbs gets heavy quickly. I doubt he could have walked as it did not appear he was running out to the car especially if she had to help him get in the truck as many suspect it looks like.

unless it’s some kind of drive-uppable clearing that drops off, I suppose. Ugh, not fun to think about.

For those that think she pushed him off a cliff somewhere...

how did she get him up there? Did she carry him up a mountain? 90 lbs gets heavy quickly. I doubt he could have walked as it did not appear he was running out to the car especially if she had to help him get in the truck as many suspect it looks like.

unless it’s some kind of drive-uppable clearing that drops off, I suppose. Ugh, not fun to think about.

There are allot of "drive-uppable clearings that drop off" to "nowhere", here in CO ;) moo

Long time lurker, always scared to post In case I don’t post correctly! Love WS and the intelligent discussions.

I thought this same thing, but why wouldn’t SM go look for him when she started to get worried? Especially since when he did he return he would tell his dad and BM for sure.

I am starting to think she dropped him off somewhere alive as a punishment, told him to find his way home, then got worried when he didn't show up. The reason I think that is because she seems awfully adamant that she will be vindicated when he is found. I think he will be found in the middle of nowhere, succumbed to the elements and look like a runaway. I think she is counting on LE not being able to prove she was behind it.

Unfortunately, if that is true I don't think he is alive anymore due to the weather conditions.

I cannot bring myself to believe that she dropped a sick or injured child she has taken care of for two years, off on the side of the road or dropped him over a cliff while he was still alive. How would someone live with those cries in her ears or the sight of that for the rest of her life.
I still think she was taking him to a hospital and he died in the back seat before she got him that far. I think she recognized the trouble she was in to bring a child who, most likely had been deteriorating for several hours either from an intestinal problem or a head injury and the hospital personnel would have had to take him out of the back seat of a pick up truck. The hospital would never have believed any concocted story, they would have looked at her and reacted to an extreme medical neglect. She knew she was in deep trouble.
I think she drove around with him for an hour or so, trying to figure out what to do and concocting a cover story. I think she left his lifeless body somewhere. If she doesn't crack and tell LE where he is, what does LE do next?

Last edited:
Cynthia H. Coffman, a Stauch family spokesperson, tells PEOPLE the family felt emotional after they saw the surveillance footage.

“It was very emotional to the family to see the video, because it’s hopeful. And seeing him alive and walking is certainly a positive and heart-rending thing. … Anything, at this point, that shows their son, after he’s believed to have disappeared, is going to be incredibly emotional.”

Coffman also says the video helps “fill in some blanks.”

“We can each draw our individual conclusions based on our own experience,” she says. “But the thing that matters is to get to the bottom of this, so we find Gannon. And if anyone has seen anything … or believes that they can help, we want them to. We don’t want people to hesitate and say, ‘Oh, that’s probably not important. That doesn’t mean anything.’ Because sometimes those are the most important facts that are missing.”
Neighbor of Missing Boy, 11, Claims to Have Footage Showing Him with Stepmother Before He Vanished

eta:The Gazette
Ive updated the media thread with your updates - much appreciated !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MABROUSSARD