Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know there's no warrant? They can be approved in various ways. They do not require a hearing. They do not require public notice.

Eventually, they'll have to file with the judge about what they took, if anything. Obviously, they had a warrant to impound the car(s), as LS mentions that the police were quite firm about taking the car. They did not have her permission (or her daughter's, according to the interview).
I think she was replying to my post, and saying that they can't get a warrant by saying, "hopefully we find something." She was saying that they need a more specific reason to get a warrant. I don't know if that is the case or not, but it does kinda make sense to me if it is.

MOO

but don't they have to have probable cause to get a warrant? I don't think they can just randomly search even with homeowner permission - the warrant states specifically what they are looking for such as (eg) electronics or shoes with a specific pattern etc.

or maybe I'm wrong in this case ..
No, I don't think you are wrong. They must have had good reason to obtain a search warrant and they removed a lot of evidence from the house. I'm hoping they at least found some of what they were looking for. Jmo

She sure is POed about Mom Being there, in spite of the fact she is Gannon's BM,and it's BM's son that is missing, but she doesn't say exactly why she's not allowed to be there. Pretty sure she was not supposed to be there when MOM got there for a reason. Makes me think there might be a restraining order.
MOO
I am wondering WHY bio mom gets to stay at the house and step mom had to leave her own home. That’s the point I was trying to make. I know I was as clear as mud. That is LS’s home. What was the dynamic between LS and AS that when Gannon came up missing, she had to leave and bio mom got to stay there, even with a restraining order.

No police agency is going to come and throw a woman out of her own legal residence because the ex is there or the husband wants the ex to stay there. LS has a legal right to be in that home. FWIW, JMO

I think she was replying to my post, and saying that they can't get a warrant by saying, "hopefully we find something." She was saying that they need a more specific reason to get a warrant. I don't know if that is the casd or not, but it does seem to make some sense to me.

MOO

Yes. They cannot go into your house looking for whatever. The warrant lists what they are looking for. They can expand if necessary with a new search warrant from the judge.

I have considered this scenario. I can't see trafficking in this case, but I can see handing off to a trusted person. But does she even know anyone there? Isn't she a rather recent newcomer to CO?

jmo
I was wondering about this too, if she has a network of friends in CO or if most of her social support system is still mostly the people she left behind in the east.

My read on her is that whatever her issues, she is apparently capable of presenting as socially functional, enough to secure employment, make some connections with neighbors, etc. So even if she is the sort of person whose relationships don't tend to last (speculating here), they may not have been in CO or their neighborhood long enough for people to see the real her.

I know it's so unlikely at this point, but PLEASE let that be what happened--she handed him off to some acquaintance to hide for her so she could be the hero parent who rescues him back.

Here I go rambling again!

You know at first a little part of me felt a tiny bit bad for TS, IF she was innocent we don't know yet, BUT after today, I just can't. Even if she is somehow 100% innocent, after the things that came out today, I will not feel bad. I just pray sweet Gannon is ok and gets home soon.

I am wondering WHY bio mom gets to stay at the house and step mom had to leave her own home. That’s the point I was trying to make. I know I was as clear as mud. That is LS’s home. What was the dynamic between LS and AS that when Gannon came up missing, she had to leave and bio mom got to stay there, even with a restraining order.

No police agency is going to come and throw a woman out of her own legal residence because the ex is there or the husband wants the ex to stay there. LS has a legal right to be in that home. FWIW, JMO

This is an excellent post. And true, TS/LS has a legal right to live in the home. It is one of the things that has caused me to wonder about some things.

I GUARANTEE my wife would NOT let my ex live/stay with me in our home, even for one night, even under this circumstances of this case. IN FACT, I MYSELF would not permit it, simply out of the love and respect I have for my wife.

So yeah, something smells fishy here with this arrangement.

Hate on her if you wish, her demeanor being what it is, her self centered behavior, the harshness, the coldness, all that being what it is, there's a little piece of me that senses there's more to the story here.

Last edited:
I'm sure the investigators have a handle on the dynamics of the family and the relationship between TS and AS, as well between TS and Gannon. They've interviewed all of them, and they've seen the public on camera video of TS and her weird behavior. They've also no doubt received rebuttal from AS and mom (can't remember her initials!) about her claims in the video. And AS has likely filled in some blanks about what he saw on the neighbor's video as far as the demeanor of both TS and Gannon, and other nuances. I'm guessing there may also be more to that video, either in footage or clarity, that we're just not able to see.

A couple of things -
First, she has really piled onto herself and added a lot to reconcile in the gap in time between leaving that driveway, and even the hour between 2:15 when she got home, and 3:15 which she gave as the earliest portion of the timeline for going to the (imaginary nameless) friend's house.
It's going to be hard to say she got gas, grocery shopped, had her nails done, went to yoga, or whatever, between that morning and when she returned, because where are the receipts, does she appear on camera in those venues, do people who served her or checked her out remember any of this, where was Gannon while she was doing these things, and on and on it goes. She never thought that anyone would see her in that driveway with Gannon, and that's a beautiful thing, because she's created a huge dilemma of having to explain where she was, where he was, and lining up moving parts with proof of those parts, when she simply can't. If she didn't think about neighborhood cameras, she didn't think about creating an alibi past that driveway, most likely.

As re: family dynamics and who has responsibility: If there is Narcissism in this equation, and I mean the full blown personality, not just self-absorption and self-serving priorities, there is a level of psychological violence and manipulation in that home and family that is literally mind-bending to all parties, including the adults. Narcissists are masters of brainwashing even the most functional adult, because they groom people, they lure, they love bomb, then they devalue, then they gaslight to rebut the devaluing ("I didn't say that"; "You're imagining things"; "I think you're overreacting", "No, I didn't say that, I said x, and you were really distracted that day and just don't remember...can I fix us some dinner, you seem exhausted from work", etc., etc.). The purpose of all of this is to keep the victims off balance and feeling like this loving gushing person can't really be lying or cruel, 'and besides, she's right, that day I was really distracted...'

I've witnessed this, and children are so tragically vulnerable to the confusing happy good mommy/mean mommy switch up, and so reliant on the person for care, they can't sort that it's abuse, and they don't report, or, if they do, the person they tell is under a spell as well, and can't see into it fully. It's always the manipulated person's fault anyway because they upset the other party (look how hard she's tried and is keeping the family together while the other parent is away), and so on. There are volumes written about how these people puppet other people, using psychological tools of harm that normal people have never considered because we're normal and don't see other humans as objects. So, no, because you marry someone, live with them, and talk to them every day, you're not necessarily aware of what's happening at all these other levels, and certainly not when you're away from the house. As adult might know something's 'off', or suspect dishonesty, but then there's always something to override the perception. Gaslighting is a very vicious and powerful tool of abuse. And everyone is a victim in a home where any narcissist lives. Triangulation is one of their favorite tools so all family members are pitted against each other, the children have special secrets and information that their siblings don't have, the parent 'needs' their help, and it just goes on forever. These people destabilize families and homes to keep ongoing control of their human puppets. Up is down, now it's sideways, it's sunny when it's raining, and everybody else is just confused or even 'mentally ill' if they counter this false reality. Don't know if this is the big picture, just saying if it is, this is why it appears on the surface that someone should have 'known', when it takes a crisis and a tragedy for the mask to fully fall off.

I think of ownership and accountability as who gets to eat the pie. I believe that while there may be some slivers and bites anyone could feel is theirs to swallow, because guilt is powerful thing looking back, there's only one person who will be seated at the table of accountability with a pie and a big spoon. (barring third party assistance, and they have their own pie) JMO
Children being raised by a narcissist don’t even know it’s not normal what goes on in their home, it’s what they are use to. They think everyone lives that way. They don’t realize that their home is different. IME

This is my opinion only. I think that something could very well have happened Sunday. TS, who has displayed some self-absorbed behaviors, was angered by something Gannon said or did, and beat him severely. That's why he was so slow to walk out to the truck and had to be helped into it. He couldn't go to school, she would be found out. Maybe Gannon would tell his dad. So she got rid of him. Do children need a doctor's note when they are out of school for any length of time?
When I was a child in the 50s, my father beat my brother so badly that my mother kept him home from school for a week, so this isn't so farfetched an idea.
Same thing happened to me. I had a split lip, black and blue ribs, bruises on my legs, all from being punched in the face and kicked when I hit the floor. I had to stay home for over a week. They kept apologizing to me and explaining I couldn’t go to school because they would get into trouble and someone would come take all my siblings away and I would break up our family if I told and it would be all my fault. I was 17 years old.

Unless a guilty conscience has driven her from her own home ?
I’m beginning to wonder if that red truck did have gps and did they have a cell phone when they were seen leaving on video ? Whatever day it ends up being
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member