Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My boy and all of my friend's children over the age of 7, always sit right next to mom, in the front seat. An 11 year old, a pre-teen, shoved in the back with a vacant seat up front is stunningly suspicious. If not outright rude. And cold. But from what I've seen so far, this was standard treatment of beautiful Gannon, by her.
Its been discussed in this thread that back seat is best for those 13 and under. Recommended by the medical community.

Thanks , it's great to get local knowledge.
What are the local people you know thinking about his location?
They have lived there for over a year, possibly 2 yrs, depending on which media one reads... so a certain amount of local knowledge-terrain would have been gained from outside pursuits, but not a whole lot. Locals would know better which areas a newcomer would be most likely to have explored first?
I haven't talked to many people. My husband had emergency surgery last week so we've been home most of the time, especially with the snow. I have talked to my son because he works at a gas station so I asked him about the kind of surveillance they use and how long they keep it. He and I have pretty similar thoughts.

As far as terrain/area, everyone knows the common spots (garden of the gods, Blodgett Peak, Cheyenne Canyon, Manitou incline/barr trail in Manitou springs,etc.). Then there are places you figure out just by exploring depending on which part of town you live and what kind of isolation you prefer. My husband and I will drive up towards Divide to a favorite hiking area (found on an exploring drive) just because it's peaceful and quiet. It really depends on the family dynamic. If you like being outdoors then you get outdoors. Even in the winter. And it doesn't take long to figure places out. You just get out and drive and look things up in Google. At least that's how we are.

This is the problem I have with all of the comments about GOTG. It's very popular, and not just for hikers. People come to the park in all kinds of weather, all times of day, from sunrise to nighttime. It's like a city park that makes it feel like it's in the middle of nowhere when you're there, but it's not. It's next to a residential area and is very accessible, and with the flat paved walkway that goes through part of it, it's popular with young and old, strollers and wheelchairs, rock climbers, professional photographers. I live an hour away and have driven down just to see the sunrise or sunset, or to see it in the snow. There have always been people around, even on the trails. There is no time when you could think you would be alone. If you want to do something and not be seen, this is not the place to go.
The other option is they hiked somewhere very different than GOG and she wants to keep throwing it out as a red herring.

I haven't talked to many people. My husband had emergency surgery last week so we've been home most of the time, especially with the snow. I have talked to my son because he works at a gas station so I asked him about the kind of surveillance they use and how long they keep it. He and I have pretty similar thoughts.

As far as terrain/area, everyone knows the common spots (garden of the gods, Blodgett Peak, Cheyenne Canyon, Manitou incline/barr trail in Manitou springs,etc.). Then there are places you figure out just by exploring depending on which part of town you live and what kind of isolation you prefer. My husband and I will drive up towards Divide to a favorite hiking area (found on an exploring drive) just because it's peaceful and quiet. It really depends on the family dynamic. If you like being outdoors then you get outdoors. Even in the winter. And it doesn't take long to figure places out. You just get out and drive and look things up in Google. At least that's how we are.
Sounds wonderful. i hope he recovers fully and soon.
What would a newish local know about which areas were most likely to be sparsely populated on a Monday morning? GOG seems to be too populated from reading lots of posts here... I'm not sure about the other areas you named tho'

It's good to know they were still out searching yesterday. They said the search is contained in El Paso county, too. Tbh I didn't realize they were even out. Maybe they didn't want too much press on the search teams in case they found something? Hopefully they're closing in

Amber Jo Cooper on Twitter

Colorado has kids stay in boosters until age 8, and all the booster instructions say to put it in the back seat. Airbags are one reason, but general safety is another. That's why most people buying trucks (who have kids) want those double cab ones. While Gannon was 11, I think the habit dies hard. ALL of the grandkids still ride in the back seat (one is 11 and tall for his age, still in the back seat). The 11 year old will start to want to be promoted to the front seat at some point, but fortunately most of the time the front passenger seat is already taken. His mom does have him in front passenger when they want to transport a couple of his friends, but otherwise, back seat.

In Colorado, that would be strongly discouraged. Kids up until 8 are supposed to have boosters. In some states, it's by height and weight. Gannon wasn't shoved anywhere. He had a little sister, they both road in the back seat (which is safer) and it was ordinary procedure for him, no doubt. I don't see any shoving. She helps him into the car. There's really no need to make LS sound worse than she is, she's doing a fine job all on her own.
I have a pickup with 2 rows of seats, and I like to have ppl in the back seat for visibility reasons. Aside from everything else valid that you mention.

Do any locals know whether the Blodgett Peak Open Space is very crowded? It would look to be way less popular than GoG and has access to mountain trails.

I am assuming they've searched all local park areas near to parking lots, but of course, he and an LS could have walked a bit.

My current theory is he fell and hit his head Sunday on the hike. It didnt seem that serious but Monday he wasnt feeling well. He threw up and she decided to take him to the doctor but before they got there he died and she panicked because she couldnt think of an excuse to give to the doctor or hospital, so she drove until she found a place to dump him. Other theory would be he may have threw up in the truck and she got angry and hit him harder than she meant to, which killed him. Again she didnt want to be bothered with having anyone question her so she dumped him, but in this case she would have had to clean the truck out so there will be footage of her at a carwash somewhere

This was no "accident". But, I'm sure that's the defense being cooked up, in the event someone is charged. It will be promptly shot down by a jury of peers.

My boy and all of my friend's children over the age of 7, always sit right next to mom, in the front seat. An 11 year old, a pre-teen, shoved in the back with a vacant seat up front is stunningly suspicious. If not outright rude. And cold. But from what I've seen so far, this was standard treatment of beautiful Gannon, by her.
I couldn't get my daughter to sit in the front even after she turned 13. Once she met the appropriate height and weight requirements she was excited to finally be able to sit in the front but then from habit just automatically went straight into the back middle seat.

I do think TS's choice of words in her interview and everything she has said about the case so far indicate that she lacks concern and empathy for Gannon.

But sitting in the back may have been one of dad's rules for the kids and that's just where they always rode. I don't think she made those kinds of decisions. What she did or how she treated Gannon when dad wasn't around may be a different story.

Imo

Sounds wonderful. i hope he recovers fully and soon.
What would a newish local know about which areas were most likely to be sparsely populated on a Monday morning? GOG seems to be too populated from reading lots of posts here... I'm not sure about the other areas you named tho'
The thing is, I don't consider folks living here two years new-ish, especially military families. We're retired military. There is not one place we lived that we didn't know like the back of our hand within a six month time frame. It's been my experience that military families get out and explore and travel because you want to get as many experiences in as possible because you know you're probably moving again in 3 years, or so.

When I was 11 years old, I sat in the back of an old pickup truck.... in a lawn chair. My booster seat was a case of Pabst blue ribbon that my grandfather picked up at the liquor store. Man I miss those days.

It's good to know they were still out searching yesterday. They said the search is contained in El Paso county, too. Tbh I didn't realize they were even out. Maybe they didn't want too much press on the search teams in case they found something? Hopefully they're closing in

Yes, I think I read somewhere they are searching undisclosed locations.

FWIW - I’ve lived on the Front Range most of my life. A reporter interviewing TS(LS?) appeared to let her run his show. I personally thought he did a poor job. The media is the media and will chase anything that moves. But sweeping claims of media bias or disregard for victims in Denver, or CO generally, are inaccurate and overwrought.

There is a decided difference between reporting and editorial writing. News outlets, all of them, can have a ‘leaning’ in editorial content that has nothing to do with their journalist content. We have hard working talented people of integrity in our news media here. Just my PSA for my state and our reporting.
Here for Gannon.
Sure. "Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down".
It's all good.
It's all Dirty Laundry.

Yes, I think I read somewhere they are searching undisclosed locations.
This was no "accident". But, I'm sure that's the defense being cooked up, in the event someone is charged. It will be promptly shot down by a jury of peers.
That's what I thought in the Casey Anthony trial, boy was I wrong wrong wrong.

Can we all please agree to disagree on the whole sitting in the front vs back and who thinks what is appropriate? Everybody parents different and people either take the front/back seat law very literal, or bend it a bit. And unless he was by chance killed in a car accident then I think it would 100 % be worth hashing out. But at this point we know he didn't die in a car accident because there was no damage, that could be seen in video, nor has LEO said anything about a damaged vehicle.

There was a case in the UK some years back where a serial killer was traced via license cams to prove he was in the area when one of the victims vanished. I can’t think of his name right now but there was a dramatic show made about it and it was amazing how they worked. And this was at least ten years back I think. Made me wishing for the same here. ETA show was called Manhunt made in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member