Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sbbm
In terms of theories about accidents, there is almost no accident theory that would create an major issue in taking him to the doctor, EXCEPT if the accident included someone laying hands on him in some fashion. There might suspicion of abuse in some situations but his medical history (or lack of history of unexplained or poorly explained cuts, bruises or breaks) and family support would probably mitigate a claim of abuse. Medical neglect would come into play but usually has more than one instance of not seeking help in an emergency or medical care that involves medications (antibiotics, daily medications).

/// snipped ///

These kids were supervised with at least one parent who monitored their movement. The idea that an accident would be cause for concern in seeking medical treatment does not make sense to me. There was not an ongoing custody battle that would cause concern of loosing custody either. Now, accidental harm inflicted by an adult, that I see as a real possibility for not seeking medical attention for fear of abuse charges and/or a spouse who would throw you out if they became suspicious.

Not "ongoing" in the way that I think you mean but it is "ongoing" in that there were one or more hearings that included custody decisions that resulted in a legal custody agreement and there are conditions spelled out in that agreement. Therefore, there is a level of concern for all involved of potentially losing custody.

I personally think it takes longer just knowing the area from living here BUT I think I'll take a drive just to be sure
Thanks , it's great to get local knowledge.
What are the local people you know thinking about his location?
They have lived there for over a year, possibly 2 yrs, depending on which media one reads... so a certain amount of local knowledge-terrain would have been gained from outside pursuits, but not a whole lot. Locals would know better which areas a newcomer would be most likely to have explored first?

From what locals have shared, GOTG is a popular hiking spot and there would have been a lot of people there on Sunday. If he somehow took a very bad fall, it seems likely with all this news coverage, someone would have come forward and stated they witnessed this. From the interview, (IMO) she is someone very concerned with outward appearances and I suspect saves her anger for the privacy of home. I would like to find a way for this to be partially accidental, but I have not come up with any scenario that fits the facts that we do know.
This is the problem I have with all of the comments about GOTG. It's very popular, and not just for hikers. People come to the park in all kinds of weather, all times of day, from sunrise to nighttime. It's like a city park that makes it feel like it's in the middle of nowhere when you're there, but it's not. It's next to a residential area and is very accessible, and with the flat paved walkway that goes through part of it, it's popular with young and old, strollers and wheelchairs, rock climbers, professional photographers. I live an hour away and have driven down just to see the sunrise or sunset, or to see it in the snow. There have always been people around, even on the trails. There is no time when you could think you would be alone. If you want to do something and not be seen, this is not the place to go.

My boy and all of my friend's children over the age of 7, always sit right next to mom, in the front seat. An 11 year old, a pre-teen, shoved in the back with a vacant seat up front is stunningly suspicious. If not outright rude. And cold. But from what I've seen so far, this was standard treatment of beautiful Gannon, by her.
I sure hope you and all your friends have the passenger airbag disabled, then. I think a smallish 11-year-old sitting in the back seat is one of the least suspicious details about this scenario.

Oh trust me you would want to witness that. It's an epic event. I didn't miss a moment of Jodi Arias. Sorry for the O/T
I was here at WS during the trial with a great group....we all watched the trial together and commented while watching. One of the members here was actually AT the trial and she gave us great inside information to what she saw in the courtroom.
I did nothing in my life during that time, while the trial was happening. My life was revolving around it. LOL

My boy and all of my friend's children over the age of 7, always sit right next to mom, in the front seat. An 11 year old, a pre-teen, shoved in the back with a vacant seat up front is stunningly suspicious. If not outright rude. And cold. But from what I've seen so far, this was standard treatment of beautiful Gannon, by her.
An air bag discharging could kill them.

I don't think there was a true intention for GS to be seen by a DR on that Monday. I think it's just more "receipts" to support the narrative.

As a parent, you learn that you can call your pedi with certain symptoms that don't necessarily warrant a Dr's visit, but can result in them calling in an medical excuse for school absence and it is documented. A caregiver knows calling the Dr with complaints of constipation will result in over the counter remedies being suggested.

Later when asked if your child was sick, did you seek medical attention, the answer is, yes and it is documented.
This does not mean that there were not other medical symptoms that needed treatment, like ingestion of substances, or broken bones.
All of this is my opinion only.

I agree that there was an intention to see a doctor and on the use of a call to a nurse line as a way to get an absence excused.

If the call to the nurse line was about constipation, then, an over the counter remedy would be appropriate and might result in a parent not seeing the child as "ill" and unable to play after school or after the get relief from the constipation. In this case I believe that initially it was thought an appointment was made, then adjusted to a nurse line call and goodness knows where the narrative is now.

Also, my point is that an accident would not cause an alarm for protective services or the other parent to be suspicious of abuse. So really I can't see any fear that would preclude getting medical attention if needed unless he was "accidentally" harmed at the hands of another.

I don't think there was a true intention for GS to be seen by a DR on that Monday. I think it's just more "receipts" to support the narrative.

As a parent, you learn that you can call your pedi with certain symptoms that don't necessarily warrant a Dr's visit, but can result in them calling in an medical excuse for school absence and it is documented. A caregiver knows calling the Dr with complaints of constipation will result in over the counter remedies being suggested.

Later when asked if your child was sick, did you seek medical attention, the answer is, yes and it is documented.
This does not mean that there were not other medical symptoms that needed treatment, like ingestion of substances, or broken bones.
All of this is my opinion only.
This is a good point. I wonder, if she really did call about the alleged constipation, was it before or after the hike and the other events of Sunday afternoon and evening? Or was she buying herself some time for him to be absent from school on Monday with a medical excuse so she could figure out what to do?

Also, mark me down as suspicious that any rational parent would choose to feed a child who is constipated to the point of needing medication Burger King.

Indeed. It's called "damage control". Public Relations people are very good at that, and every major corporation, including the government, has a PR Dept ready to lie and spin the story in THEIR favour each time there is an oil spill, vaccine damage, politician caught, etc. Wouldn't be surprised if stepmonster's attorney was behind setting up the "interview". How else would a simple babysitter get the spotlight? Especially with nothing to offer the case? Disgusting anyone in media would play into that game, but we all know they will, and do.

IMO, if an attorney set up that super weak, no-never-mind interview with the babysitter it must be amateur hour for them. I believe this particular news station had a person willing to speak, they vetted them quickly & did the interview. I would also guess the media reached out to the babysitter, not the other way around. Folks that actually know this family are probably hesitant, at this point, to give a public interview. I don't blame them and would advise the same.

True. I've always deactivated those on the passenger side. They can kill a full grown woman, and have. But, the one or two times my boy has been in the back, I felt like an Uber driver or policeman, you can't reach out and touch him, see his smile and face. We are so close and when he was 11, he was already almost as tall as I.

The sister said that? Do you have a link?
I haven't heard that scenario before. If you have a link to that, that would be great.
I sure hope you and all your friends have the passenger airbag disabled, then. I think a smallish 11-year-old sitting in the back seat is one of the least suspicious details about this scenario.
I seriously doubt on the Monday morning when Gannon got in the backseat, that the first thing on the Stepmom mind was airbags in the front seat. I could be totally wrong, but that's my opinion.

sbbm

Not "ongoing" in the way that I think you mean but it is "ongoing" in that there were one or more hearings that included custody decisions that resulted in a legal custody agreement and there are conditions spelled out in that agreement. Therefore, there is a level of concern for all involved of potentially losing custody.
I doubt that was a factor, seemed they all got along fine together with the arrangements.
A fall isn't negligence. Usually.

I'm pretty sure children under 12 are not supposed to sit in the front seat of vehicles with passenger airbags.

Edit for clarity
Yes, it's recommended they not sit in the front seat until they are about 100 pounds.
Airbags have caused serious injury or even death to young children. Some parents are more concerned about safety than others, I suppose.

I guess it all depends on what was normal for Gannon and I'm not sure his sitting in the back means anything other than that's where he usually sat.

What's more concerning is his demeanor and that we haven't seen any evidence that he ever came back home. Jmo

My 11 year old sits in the back seat unless we have too many people and as the oldest I move him up front. 35% better accident survival statistics for kids in the back.

It doesn't always engender good relationships in a blended family to ask one child to babysit her step-siblings. Prior to moving to Colorado the biological father and mother were likely able to trade off child care more easily.

From home movies the stepfamily made, I get the impression the stepsister didn't like him much. She and the mom exclude him from their laughter, as he struggles along, alone and unsmiling, yet bravely trying to smile, each rare time the camera is pointed his way.

FWIW - my very loved 9-year-old sits in the backseat, regardless of whether or not my front seat is vacant. The Dept of Highway Safety and my pediatrician say it's best, so we heed their advice.

Colorado has kids stay in boosters until age 8, and all the booster instructions say to put it in the back seat. Airbags are one reason, but general safety is another. That's why most people buying trucks (who have kids) want those double cab ones. While Gannon was 11, I think the habit dies hard. ALL of the grandkids still ride in the back seat (one is 11 and tall for his age, still in the back seat). The 11 year old will start to want to be promoted to the front seat at some point, but fortunately most of the time the front passenger seat is already taken. His mom does have him in front passenger when they want to transport a couple of his friends, but otherwise, back seat.

In Colorado, that would be strongly discouraged. Kids up until 8 are supposed to have boosters. In some states, it's by height and weight. Gannon wasn't shoved anywhere. He had a little sister, they both road in the back seat (which is safer) and it was ordinary procedure for him, no doubt. I don't see any shoving. She helps him into the car. There's really no need to make LS sound worse than she is, she's doing a fine job all on her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member