Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just say (hypothetically speaking if you wanted to visit a pet store near there, or something) you were traveling to GotG from the I-25 area West on Garden of the Gods Road and turning south onto 30th to get to the park. There is currently a lot of construction going on with both of those roads. Traveling during the day, especially middle of the day lunchtime takes extra time, moreso than it even took me last night driving in the snow. I'm saying this to just say don't think "oh, it just takes 10 minutes to get there" when you are looking at a map. You have to understand everything locally going on, too.
Agree! Especially if you are traveling down any of the main arteries like Powers, Academy Austin Bluffs/Garden of the Gods, and Nevada. Even the smaller main roads like Circle/Lake, Pikes Peak, Uintah, ect are always a pain to travel. So, yeah it may say 10 mins, but that 10 mins can easily be 20-25 just with local traffic and construction constantly.

Has LS explained Gannon's one way trip with her? Why not.
She lied everyone can see that.
So what that the police asked her not to discuss the case.MOO it more likely a lawyer told her that.
The truth is she can say what happened at any time.

The video shows her opening the truck doors aggressively, so they bounce on their hinges, apparently in a angry state. Then lying. Then waiting for long after dark to call him in missing.
Zero care for Gannon.

Well different kids do different things. My son turned 14 a couple of days ago and just last week, he was crying because the wifi was causing his video game to lag. Even when it's out of character, other factors like being sick or overly tired can bring a child to tears.
I'm a grown adult and I've been brought to tears in conversations with a manipulative, gaslighting person, especially when tired. (Not anymore, though, since recognizing what was happening....but a kid doesn't have that experience.)

jmo

My current theory is he fell and hit his head Sunday on the hike. It didnt seem that serious but Monday he wasnt feeling well. He threw up and she decided to take him to the doctor but before they got there he died and she panicked because she couldnt think of an excuse to give to the doctor or hospital, so she drove until she found a place to dump him. Other theory would be he may have threw up in the truck and she got angry and hit him harder than she meant to, which killed him. Again she didnt want to be bothered with having anyone question her so she dumped him, but in this case she would have had to clean the truck out so there will be footage of her at a carwash somewhere

From what locals have shared, GOTG is a popular hiking spot and there would have been a lot of people there on Sunday. If he somehow took a very bad fall, it seems likely with all this news coverage, someone would have come forward and stated they witnessed this. From the interview, (IMO) she is someone very concerned with outward appearances and I suspect saves her anger for the privacy of home. I would like to find a way for this to be partially accidental, but I have not come up with any scenario that fits the facts that we do know.

I don't know why people find this so unusual. My kids Pediatrician asks me every time I'm there where my oldest sits in the car. He's 11 and he sits in the back seat. He's not allowed to sit in the front seat (per me and at the recommendation of our Ped.) It's safer for him to be in the back seat. The AAP recommendation is at least 13 years old, 5 ft tall. Gannon is only 4'9 and AAP still recommends using a booster seat up until at least 4'9. I'm definitely not alone in my group of friends in this either, there's only one mom who let's her kid ride in the front seat and all the rest of us have to hear our kids whine about it. The thing is, he's a huge 11 year old. 5'3, 130 lbs.

As far as the phone thing, I must be the mean mom because my kids do not have phones with data capabilities, so they never take phones in the car.

I agree with you. I have four sons, two of which are school age. At age 11, if my child had his own cell phone it would be for the sole purpose of communicating with parents and not much else. But maybe I’m a mean mom too. I think 11 is very young to have a cell phone attached to the hip. I also agree with you about the back seat and booster.

To me it sounds like either editing or coaching beforehand by the interviewer,

or she has been specifically told by a certain someone to make the point that SM doesn't spank the kids, like SM herself?

Indeed. It's called "damage control". Public Relations people are very good at that, and every major corporation, including the government, has a PR Dept ready to lie and spin the story in THEIR favour each time there is an oil spill, vaccine damage, politician caught, etc. Wouldn't be surprised if stepmonster's attorney was behind setting up the "interview". How else would a simple babysitter get the spotlight? Especially with nothing to offer the case? Disgusting anyone in media would play into that game, but we all know they will, and do.

Perhaps we established at least GS, if not the whole family, is aware that children are to sit on the rear seating and we assume it is because it's safer. So, no sign of recklessness, there. Other than the children have more than two 'parents', we have no evidence of mistreatment AFAIK.

We just don’t know, as law enforcement is keeping this very quiet.

I can’t imagine the truck wasn’t seized and examined, as according to the SM’s account, law enforcement wanted the keys to her daughter’s vehicle. If they wanted that one, then they’d certainly want that pickup.

I definitely think they would want to talk to SM about that video, but that’s not law enforcement’s call. SM may decide not to cooperate, or could lawyer up.

I'm many pages back, so this may have been considered, but the red truck came back to the home, apparently to get some things.
ABC13.

1/29/20 Stauch home
1/29/20 Stauch home

Perhaps we established at least GS, if not the whole family, is aware that children are to sit on the rear seating and we assume it is because it's safer. So, no sign of recklessness, there. Other than the children have more than two 'parents', we have no evidence of mistreatment AFAIK.
Maybe he's in the backseat because he's "sick" and needs to lay down?

I thought he did a good job too. He recognized a good story and let her go. She controlled that narrative all on her own - and what a horrible story she told. Good job, I say. Part of reporting is knowing when to stay out of the way of the story, and he did just that.

Though, I do miss the days when the reporter also had a camerman/woman on the job too.

jmo
When you’re finishing the sentences of the person (“Because of death threats...”) you’re pretty much in the way of the story. Also wish he would have shown the whole interview where she continued to ramble instead of deciding for her and the public what was relevant.

I should have read, and I should have know someone would have posted. TY!
After Gannon disappeared the family was still using the red truck for a few days. I have not seen the red truck at the house after the first week. It leads me to believe they have the truck but I can't say for sure.

"Also on Thursday, a Sheriff's Office patrol car with two deputies was parked for an extended period of time across the street from the Stauch family home, and two other men appearing to be law enforcement officers sat in an unmarked car down the street.

However, the officers left the scene after two men and a woman got into a pickup truck parked in the driveway, and drove away."

BOY6-scaled.jpg

Authorities say Gannon Stauch 'missing and endangered' after days gone - KRDO

My boy and all of my friend's children over the age of 7, always sit right next to mom, in the front seat. An 11 year old, a pre-teen, shoved in the back with a vacant seat up front is stunningly suspicious. If not outright rude. And cold. But from what I've seen so far, this was standard treatment of beautiful Gannon, by her.

I don't think there was a true intention for GS to be seen by a DR on that Monday. I think it's just more "receipts" to support the narrative.

As a parent, you learn that you can call your pedi with certain symptoms that don't necessarily warrant a Dr's visit, but can result in them calling in an medical excuse for school absence and it is documented. A caregiver knows calling the Dr with complaints of constipation will result in over the counter remedies being suggested.

Later when asked if your child was sick, did you seek medical attention, the answer is, yes and it is documented.
This does not mean that there were not other medical symptoms that needed treatment, like ingestion of substances, or broken bones.
All of this is my opinion only.

In terms of theories about accidents, there is almost no accident theory that would create an major issue in taking him to the doctor, EXCEPT if the accident included someone laying hands on him in some fashion. There might suspicion of abuse in some situations but his medical history (or lack of history of unexplained or poorly explained cuts, bruises or breaks) and family support would probably mitigate a claim of abuse. Medical neglect would come into play but usually has more than one instance of not seeking help in an emergency or medical care that involves medications (antibiotics, daily medications).

Falling on hike, falling on a bike, falling playing, etc are fairly routine and would be cause for clarifying questions. but would not (at his age) because for concern unless the injury was atypical like spiral fractures or large bone fractures where the story doesn't add up.

Ingesting substances, known or unknown, would be cause for concern given his age. Is the child experimenting with substances to get high (airplane glue, rubber cement glue, bath salts, or any other fashionable kid culture substance? If yes, going for medical attention would probably result in a referral for counseling. Does the child have an underlying condition that causes them to want to eat or ingest harmful substances? I doubt he had a condition like Pica. If the child was saying they ingested no substance but a tox screen shows differently, the question of lying or others providing comes into play. Eye drop poisoning seems to be making a comeback (I think I know why---b/c it is not looked for generally). But, if someone was poisoning him, that is not accidental.

These kids were supervised with at least one parent who monitored their movement. The idea that an accident would be cause for concern in seeking medical treatment does not make sense to me. There was not an ongoing custody battle that would cause concern of loosing custody either. Now, accidental harm inflicted by an adult, that I see as a real possibility for not seeking medical attention for fear of abuse charges and/or a spouse who would throw you out if they became suspicious.

My boy and all of my friend's children over the age of 7, always sit right next to mom, in the front seat. An 11 year old, a pre-teen, shoved in the back with a vacant seat up front is stunningly suspicious. If not outright rude. And cold. But from what I've seen so far, this was standard treatment of beautiful Gannon, by her.

I'm many pages back, so this may have been considered, but the red truck came back to the home, apparently to get some things.
ABC13.

1/29/20 Stauch home
1/29/20 Stauch home

Whoa. Thank you for this. 1/29 was the Wednesday after G disappeared, so a day after AS flew home and probably about the time LH and other relatives were getting into town. I'm not sure who all those people are, but that elderly person and the way everyone is dressed makes it pretty clear that these are family, not LE.

So that probably means that the runaway theory was still in play at this point, even behind the scenes (or they would have been all over all the family vehicles)? Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore