Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes a phrase like, "wait til your dad gets home" is the worst thing that you could experience.

Only if you had a valid reason to be more afraid of your dad than your mom or step-dad. I don't think that is the case here but of course, I could be wrong.

If he was beaten up by anyone in the house Sunday night wouldn’t his little sister be able to verify this. The fact that TS is no longer in the home and everyone worrying about Gannon being missing I would imagine this would give his little sister the perfect opportunity to express and open up. The only logical explanation would be whatever happened happened on the Monday morning before 10:13am whilst the sister was at school. Maybe an hour (if that) window for her to beat him before they were seen on the CCTV footage. Seems out there to me.

I am usually an open and shut book when it comes to cases but this case has me back and forth. I really don’t know.

little sis could have been asleep already and in the morning lied to while she got ready for school and then left for school bus.

Yes. Backseat with no phone. That is very unusual.

I don't know why people find this so unusual. My kids Pediatrician asks me every time I'm there where my oldest sits in the car. He's 11 and he sits in the back seat. He's not allowed to sit in the front seat (per me and at the recommendation of our Ped.) It's safer for him to be in the back seat. The AAP recommendation is at least 13 years old, 5 ft tall. Gannon is only 4'9 and AAP still recommends using a booster seat up until at least 4'9. I'm definitely not alone in my group of friends in this either, there's only one mom who let's her kid ride in the front seat and all the rest of us have to hear our kids whine about it. The thing is, he's a huge 11 year old. 5'3, 130 lbs.

As far as the phone thing, I must be the mean mom because my kids do not have phones with data capabilities, so they never take phones in the car.

My current theory is he fell and hit his head Sunday on the hike. It didnt seem that serious but Monday he wasnt feeling well. He threw up and she decided to take him to the doctor but before they got there he died and she panicked because she couldnt think of an excuse to give to the doctor or hospital, so she drove until she found a place to dump him. Other theory would be he may have threw up in the truck and she got angry and hit him harder than she meant to, which killed him. Again she didnt want to be bothered with having anyone question her so she dumped him, but in this case she would have had to clean the truck out so there will be footage of her at a carwash somewhere
I think if he fell and then died because of those injuries, she wouldn't hide the body but tell the truth (while blaming him for falling). I don't think she'd cover up a true accident.

jmo

If my kid did this, I would stop the car and call police.

MOO a really bad situation with her and jumping out of the car has occurred to me too.
Covering it up with lie, reporting him missing so long after dark, even if above was true, would still mean he was killed by malice, by being left in Jauary weather alone.
Completely MOO. Anyone should have called the police for help, even if one's abuse came to light because of it. Taking a chance he might die really says there was zero love for him.

My current theory is he fell and hit his head Sunday on the hike. It didnt seem that serious but Monday he wasnt feeling well. He threw up and she decided to take him to the doctor but before they got there he died and she panicked because she couldnt think of an excuse to give to the doctor or hospital, so she drove until she found a place to dump him. Other theory would be he may have threw up in the truck and she got angry and hit him harder than she meant to, which killed him. Again she didnt want to be bothered with having anyone question her so she dumped him, but in this case she would have had to clean the truck out so there will be footage of her at a carwash somewhere

In response to your first theory, It just seem irrational to do that stuff if it was an accident, regardless of what the doctor would say. She was not on the hike alone, the sister was there I am sure she would be old enough to say he fell.

Also, are we beyond the point that it was someone else driving that truck? I feel like the person in that video looks to have tall slender legs, it is hard to tell if that is the stepmom.

I feel like stating (for those who are going by others’ recaps) that the babysitter did NOT say that AS spanks the kids. I’m paraphrasing here, but she said something along the lines of...she doesn’t even spank the kids...she doesn’t even get onto them...she leaves that to AS.

My interpretation was that the babysitter was trying to say that LS doesn’t even spank the kids (let alone “really” hurt them) and doesn’t do the disciplining (even verbal) at all...she leaves all that (getting onto them, discipline in general) to AS.

I just hate for people to be thinking that AS is “known to be the spanker,” when I really don’t think that was what she was trying to say. I think it’s entirely possible that no spanking went on...she wasn’t very eloquent in this phone interview!
I think that interview was a big bunch of nothing. No information was to be gleaned, except, perhaps, this is the one person they could find willing to talk about SM. I'm guessing any former co-workers are horrified and are professional enough not to comment on-air. Babysitter doesn't sound like a professional, imo. I am curious how they know each other....but not all that curious.

It is interesting that no one is surrounding her with support and defending her parenting except, like, the occasional babysitter. That tells me more than the interview itself.

jmo

I think that was linked to something on the 4th? I'll see if I can find it in their pressers.

@MsBetsy now that I've read all the releases again, I can't find that particular statement. I know I read what you mentioned, too, and had clicked in a link that was with it, but I can't find it again so not sure of dates.

In response to your first theory, It just seem irrational to do that stuff if it was an accident, regardless of what the doctor would say. She was not on the hike alone, the sister was there I am sure she would be old enough to say he fell.
I think the sister has said he fell and I think the stepmom was so concerned about appearances that admitting she didnt take a fall seriously enough would be impossible for her

It's not unusual for kids to sit in the back at that age. It depends on the state's recommendations and how tall Gannon is. I think it has to do with the airbags being dangerous.He looks pretty small in his pictures. Jmo
I don't think it is unusual at all. My youngest wasn't big enough to sit in the front until she was 13.5 years old. I live in Colorado, so those were the rules I followed. They have to be 100+ pounds.

What I said was that without the Stepmom in the picture I would think accident, or runaway COUPLED with accident or suicide. Which would explain why he didn't come back. Not just a runaway. Although that's still possible, I guess, it certainly wouldn't be my first guess.
The kid didn't run away. He could barely WALK in the video surveillance. He couldn't even get out of a parked car. Appears he was beaten, poisoned, or both, prior to his execution. He was weak. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member