Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. Still here in support of Gannon and all his supporters.
After what I've read and heard (not all that much, and yet WAY too much) I believe IMO that this boy was bearing an oversize burden of psychological abuse. Which makes this more difficult to solve. Possibly physical as well, but for certain mental/psychological. What that led to, is beyond me.....
Just my opinion.

dbm

I doubt she witnessed this. Seems to me either SM or one of the kids might have told her. Or it's made up. idk
I was thinking she was also much more than a babysitter. She was a good friend and spend a lot of time with the family. IMO the station used the term "babysitter" so it didn't look like the station purposely interviewed somebody that would defend her. If that makes sense. I'm still on my first cup of coffee lol.
MOO

If the L.E. haven't already interviewed the babysitter, they certainly will now!

Or, perhaps a follow-up interview is in the works.

Sometimes we have to look back in time to realize that there were "red flags" but we didn't recognize them then. This could possibly be the case here.

I believe that just like they won’t name her a POI, they’re also pretending (for the media) that this isn’t a criminal investigation. This way, TS is left in the dark and I feel like it’s a ploy to garner more information so she doesn’t shut up or lawyer up.. they’re not quite ready to back her into the corner just yet, they want to gather up as much as they can before really hits the fan. Moo

Don’t forget folks, there’s a report button and an ignore button! :D

I was thinking she was also much more than a babysitter. She was a good friend and spend a lot of time with the family. IMO the station used the term "babysitter" so it didn't look like the station purposely interviewed somebody that would defend her. If that makes sense. I'm still on my first cup of coffee lol.
MOO
Yes, she was probably the only person they could find who was willing to defend her.Too bad she seemed so unsure of whether or not she could have been involved. Jmo

MOO
Could be. Even if also a good friend, do you think she would have witnessed spankings or beatings?
I suppose it could be that AS was more the disciplinarian verbally while SM "friends" were around.
But the facts are, Gannon was last seen with the SM and he is missing and she lied. Seems to me the babysitter was trying to point our minds in a different direction. I just don't think she could really know unless she lived there.

My current theory is he fell and hit his head Sunday on the hike. It didnt seem that serious but Monday he wasnt feeling well. He threw up and she decided to take him to the doctor but before they got there he died and she panicked because she couldnt think of an excuse to give to the doctor or hospital, so she drove until she found a place to dump him. Other theory would be he may have threw up in the truck and she got angry and hit him harder than she meant to, which killed him. Again she didnt want to be bothered with having anyone question her so she dumped him, but in this case she would have had to clean the truck out so there will be footage of her at a carwash somewhere

I tried to post a theory last night and I was attacked for being a spy for TS. I know everyone has their opinion set solidly but still I I feel strongly about sharing my thoughts. Instead of a theory I will just share a personal story.
Sometimes a phrase like, "wait til your dad gets home" is the worst thing that you could experience. Even still. And I've spent my time in Iraq since.
When I was about 12 or 13, one time I jumped out of the car at an intersection because I didn't want to go home. I ran down to Sand Creek (look on your google maps - near Powers) and started walking down because I knew they couldn't follow with the car. I didn't have a plan I just didn't want to go home. Eventually I did go home but it wasn't winter. Our weather the past two weeks have been treacherous. If you were psychologically tormenting a kid and he suddenly left in these conditions instead of just taking it like usual would you openly say how you treated him? Mental abuse, IMO, can be way more destructive and damaging than physical.
Having said that, the idea of a cold, scared kid in this area...unfortunately we have more than our share of registered offenders.

If my kid did this, I would stop the car and call police.

Hmm... why didn't GS get in to the front passenger seat of the truck?

I think the seat laws for children vary state to state, but it's recommended kids sit in the back up to 13.

Yes. Backseat with no phone. That is very unusual.

The no phone is unusual, not the backseat, IMO.

He could have had a booster seat ? IIRC my own child didnt ride upfront til High School. Safer in the back.

Exactly.

I have a 15yo. The safest place for kiddos is the backseat - it's just a habit now. She just gets in the backseat. The no phone thing? That's weird, IMO. The backseat - completely normal in my experience.

My current theory is he fell and hit his head Sunday on the hike. It didnt seem that serious but Monday he wasnt feeling well. He threw up and she decided to take him to the doctor but before they got there he died and she panicked because she couldnt think of an excuse to give to the doctor or hospital, so she drove until she found a place to dump him. Other theory would be he may have threw up in the truck and she got angry and hit him harder than she meant to, which killed him. Again she didnt want to be bothered with having anyone question her so she dumped him, but in this case she would have had to clean the truck out so there will be footage of her at a carwash somewhere
If he had died in the truck there would be evidence as such.
Have cadaver dogs hit on the truck? Have they even used cadaver dogs?

Yes, she was probably the only person they could find who was willing to defend her.Too bad she seemed so unsure of whether or not she could have been involved. Jmo
She may hypothetically be the person that has been on SM defending her since day one (but stopped about a week ago.) There also may be hypothetical ss of messages that show that she ISN'T sure of her innocence. This whole interview confuses me so much lol

LE interviewed that babysitter. She told the KDVR reporter she could not discuss what she told LE.

What details, other than the sparsity of information she offered in her MSM interview could that babysitter have offered to LE? I imagine it wasn't much more significant than what we heard, which wasn't much of anything.

How did KDVR get that interview? Contact via LE or was it via other means?

Shifting thoughts here...

What distance must a mind travel to move from being a SM-caregiver to a hurt-kid-disappear-kid-cover-up-criminal? I'm beginning to doubt GS was hurt and/or disappeared intentionally. I'm beginning to get a vibe that GS may have suffered a health-related episode, maybe an accidental overdose of medication or unintentional harm which morphed in to a critical condition. That assumption raises the question: was GS still conscious when he was left at whichever destination? Was he left alone or left in the hands of someone who wanted to 'help'? Two weeks now? This is all SPECULATION, just playing out a random scenario, which the farther I develop the idea the more ridiculous it seems but, who knows....

People think things like that in so many cases. And then we find out that a loving, involved father brutally murdered his pregnant wife and two kids, intentionally. “Are you going to do that to me daddy?” “Yes”.

Following even a couple of these cases teaches us that we never know the reality of what’s going on behind closed doors and we are sometimes surprised and shocked by the dark underbelly hidden by maternal and paternal smiles and the veneer of happiness.

Same here! I had to read it twice.

I'm so discouraged that we haven't heard anything. With each passing day it seems more and more unlikely that he will be found alive. I thought I read a post last night that said LE put out a new update saying they do not suspect foul play. Did I really see that?

Jmo
I think that was linked to something on the 4th? I'll see if I can find it in their pressers.

I feel like stating (for those who are going by others’ recaps) that the babysitter did NOT say that AS spanks the kids. I’m paraphrasing here, but she said something along the lines of...she doesn’t even spank the kids...she doesn’t even get onto them...she leaves that to AS.

My interpretation was that the babysitter was trying to say that LS doesn’t even spank the kids (let alone “really” hurt them) and doesn’t do the disciplining (even verbal) at all...she leaves all that (getting onto them, discipline in general) to AS.

I just hate for people to be thinking that AS is “known to be the spanker,” when I really don’t think that was what she was trying to say. I think it’s entirely possible that no spanking went on...she wasn’t very eloquent in this phone interview!

Last edited:

"My current theory is he fell and hit his head Sunday on the hike"

Hi

This may lend itself to when i mentioned "temporal lacunai" (skip in time, missing information) from leaving Gotg (allegedly) "AND THEN, ate Burger King"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member