Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'
I wonder if it's true that Albert "handled the spanking." This is how I was raised (the "wait until your father gets home model") and nearly everyone I knew was raised the same way. Among my students, it's still a common model. Spanking is a way of physically abusing a child without leaving marks in visible places. At any rate, both parents need to be carefully interviewed and I expect that they have been. There's probably a whole other story the police know, other than the one we know, as we are getting most of it from LS.

As this case goes along, I expect LS to continue to maintain her innocence and to open full throttle on blaming Albert as much as possible. If there were to be found injuries on Gannon's body, she will likely blame Albert (who was perhaps riled up by LS implying that Gannon set the house on fire; MOO). In fact, I assume the reason DA May went to the house was to inspect the degree of damage (at least that's one reason), which helps him assess LS's truthfulness as a witness and the seriousness of the situation Gannon might be in. Since LS insists he ran away (will she now insist he ran away from a parked car?), the DA has to assess the value of that statement, can't just ignore it.
I think the boy awoke to a fire, and that's when the situation with the stepmom became a fight for his life and a situation of " Just wait until I tell DAD!" JMO, smiles.

@Wolf Mother and any other locals, what are your thoughts on mountain roads such as Gold Camp Road and Rampart Range Road? Are there pull-offs next to steep drops? I think I see pull-offs on the map in some places but it is hard to tell how steep the terrain is.

Since I believe Gannon was injured the night before, I don't see him being able to walk/hike and I don't see him being carried.

There was an accident the other day on old stage road where the car slid off the road and dropped something like 150 feet, miraculously with only minor injuries. Granted we've had more snow/ice since GS's disappearance but my experience is the higher elevation dirt roads are always sketchy in the winter because the tree canopy doesn't allow for snow melt. I did notice last night that the gate for rampart range road out of GotG is closed. You can still get to the upper area near woodland Park but that takes time to get there, at least 30 minutes on a good day.

@Wolf Mother and any other locals, what are your thoughts on mountain roads such as Gold Camp Road and Rampart Range Road? Are there pull-offs next to steep drops? I think I see pull-offs on the map in some places but it is hard to tell how steep the terrain is.

Since I believe Gannon was injured the night before, I don't see him being able to walk/hike and I don't see him being carried.

Shockingly, in all my years here, I’ve never been on Gold Camp or Rampart Range. My husband’s favorite mountain road is Old Stage Road, which now that I think about it, becomes Gold Camp. Duh. Anyway, there are plenty of steep drops on Old Stage Road for sure. But it’s not an easy drive. My husband scares the crap out of me when we drive it because it’s dirt, there are no guardrails, and he sight sees as he drives. Would it be a good place for a body? Yes. If you have time. The first several miles go through private properties. There are signs that say “private property, do not stop on road.” Also, it’s bound to have plenty of snow packed icy spots this time of year that won’t melt until spring.

The neighbour who showed Dad the video stated Gannon was walking slowly. Words to that effect. Not verbatim on my part. I don't have time to find the link but it's here.

I watched it. I wouldn't say he was walking particularly slowly. That said, tween boys going to run errands with their moms aren't generally in a big hurry. It looked well within the range of normal to me. jmo

What I can say about the Interview with the babysitter is that I didn't like it. At all. What stood out for me was her stating Dad was the one who typically spanked. Why would anyone say something negative when the poor man is already in the throes of he77. Poor Mom got it a thousand times worse in Tee's "Interview". These poor Parents. Where are you little man. It's time to come home :(

It's not unusual for kids to sit in the back at that age. It depends on the state's recommendations and how tall Gannon is. I think it has to do with the airbags being dangerous.He looks pretty small in his pictures. Jmo
My 13 year old son still prefers the backseat. He says it feels safer. Hm. Maybe that's a statement about my driving more than anything...:oops:

Apologies for OT:
Yes he did. Here’s the two part prison interview (audio) that he did with investigators.

Warning: Graphic Details

Ok,I'm not gonna watch that cos,just no! But what a total p.o.s,I hope he has the misfortune to develop one of those awful locked in syndrome conditions,you know the ones i would never wish on anyone,ever,so he is stick with nothing but his own treacherous thoughts for years ( also I apologise to anyone who actually has any experience with these conditions as it is not my intention to cause offence or hurt)

bbm
I would take any interview on any social media platform unless it is sponsored by LE with a grain of salt. Rumors hinder a case and it is getting bat $hit crazy right now. The Delphi murder case had the same effect on social media and it hindered the investigation big time. JMO #justiceforgannon

What initially hindered the Delphi case was LE released a composite image that was not 'accurate' (as compared to the more-recently released composite image).

Social Media has advantages and disadvantages, can enhance and hinder investigations and may inappropriately inflict anguish and accusation.

Websleuths is in a sense, "social media", albeit, it's monitored and controlled.

I don't remember the weather being in the 70's the weekend before Gannon went missing on Monday. I think that was the following weekend before the big snow came. It was nicer... But not that high. Plus it's been windy, and everyone here locally knows that is what gets ya.
You’re right. It was 50-ish and sunny. I remember because my friend was visiting from Phoenix and wasn’t miserably cold. That said, there’s a small reservoir, A McCray Reservoir, just down street from me, only 3 miles or so from GS’s house, that was iced over at the time. But it’s tiny, more like a pond, and highly visible from the road. But it’s likely other reservoirs had ice still too due to the cold weather the week or so leading up to that weekend.

ETA: that huge pond, or whatever it is, on Garden of the Gods Rd near N Nevada regularly has a layer of ice for several days after a cold snap.

The neighbour who showed Dad the video stated Gannon was walking slowly. Words to that effect. Not verbatim on my part. I don't have time to find the link but it's here.
What about the beating, the poisoning, and the execution?

I'm not sure if we have enough evidence to support those theories quite yet. Jmo

I've had a hunch that D.A., Dan May, has possibly convened a grand jury in this case.

You may find the following article interesting.

Parallels drawn between prosecutions in Dylan Redwine, Nicholls children's killings

Excerpt:

"The nearly five-year investigation that resulted in murder charges against the father of a 13-year-old Monument boy evokes a notorious El Paso County case involving similar obstacles."

"As in the case of Mark Redwine - charged last week with second-degree murder in the death of his son, Dylan - Timothy and Deborah Nicholls were prime suspects in a 2003 arson in Colorado Springs that destroyed their house and killed their three children. But with doubts about the strength of the evidence, prosecutors held off filing charges."

"That changed with a fresh perspective, and a secret grand jury investigation.
"

Upon watching the neighbor's video I notice in the very beginning, when TS is seen walking toward the red truck parked on the street, that she is carrying something relatively long... maybe that something is the same as what was seen wrapped in brown paper bags being removed from the house by a member of the forensics team some days afterward?

You’re right. It was 50-ish and sunny. I remember because my friend was visiting from Phoenix and wasn’t miserably cold. That said, there’s a small reservoir, A McCray Reservoir, just down street from me, only 3 miles or so from GS’s house, that was iced over at the time. But it’s tiny, more like a pond, and highly visible from the road. But it’s likely other reservoirs had ice still too due to the cold weather the week or so leading up to that weekend.

ETA: that huge pond, or whatever it is, on Garden of the Gods Rd near N Nevada regularly has a layer of ice for several days after a cold snap.
Temperature history of the days before GS went missing...

Colorado Springs, CO Weather History | Weather Underground

Exactly. It would have to be a quick disposal. It would look suspicious with her carrying an unconscious 11yo around the park. Nothing makes sense. I wish she would just be honest.

IMO

Not to mention, I don't think LS would really go out of here way for "this child". I have said before that I think she used minimal effort and stayed close to home.

I sure hope you and all your friends have the passenger airbag disabled, then. I think a smallish 11-year-old sitting in the back seat is one of the least suspicious details about this scenario.
Totally agree, plus front passenger seating for a young child is against all safety standards and possibly against state law.

I have complete faith in that community. They'll process this the same way they processed Frazee.
Exactly. DA Dan May is the man. Our LE is amazing. Sheriff Elder is the absolute best. I am praying for direction and guidance for all of them. They are working hard. God will lead them. I'm trusting the process.

The OP was not debating the walk, she was debating that G looked weak and beaten up to the poster that replied to her. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTibbits