Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But this thread started out saying she backed in to hide his walking issue from neighbors, not the camera she had to know was there across street pointed at her driveway with contrasting color ? So why back in and why not park in garage if she knew camera was there? Maybe he jumped out of truck after he woke up later and what are we going on 1/2 a video with no date stamp?
Imo, Xfinity or computer forensics can easily provide that stamp. If not, Joseph Duncan, can. Sheesh. :)

I think the night he went missing, it was reported that LE was at the house searching and they backed a car out of the garage.

My guess is they could only fit one car in the two car garage. Maybe the side of the garage that can fit a car is the side being blocked by the black suv. She might hqve preferred to back the truck partially into the garage, but she probably didn't want to play musical cars. Either because of time, laziness, or that it would seem suspicious or draw attention.

MOO
Just thought of a question, not sure it means anything, but...

Why was the vehicle in the street in the first place and not parked in the driveway? Maybe that's how they always do it? Or maybe she had been out earlier in the day and didn't feel like backing into the driveway then?

Just an idle thought.

jmo

So who is lying here about the Dad's reaction. Rodderick Dayton? The news reporter? Who?

Yeah, ITA, wasn't Rodderick on camera? I grant I only watched one of those talking heads so maybe he did not say it out loud, but just having a recording device involved, that doesn't make it "third-hand".

If RD said on camera that it happened during his conversation with AS, that's what I call "first-hand information", as RD is one of the two participants in said conversation.

Conversely, if "a reporter said RD said so", it's secondhand technically, I suppose; but if we fully credit MSM outlets on WS, isn't it really the same thing as firsthand?

I keep trying to come up with any scenario of how this all played out and I just keep drawing blanks. None of it fits together for me.

The only theory I can semi-come up with is that stepmom had been berating Gannon all morning and he jumped out of the car when they were out running errands. Perhaps she decided to teach him a lesson and leave him to walk back, and panicked when he never did?

I don’t know - even that doesn’t fit into the scenario where she thinks everyone will eventually be apologizing to her.

On the other hand, I also can’t wrap my head around her premeditatedly loading him up in the car to go end his life.

It’s all so upsetting, no matter how I think about it. Bring Gannon home :(

So who is lying here about the Dad's reaction. Rodderick Dayton? The news reporter? Who?

Umm, no one? Not sure I understand the question. I said that neighbor thought the dad cried because he thought the stepmother lied about Gannon's comings and goings. Whether she actually lied, we do not know. I've never said that the neighbor lied -- or anyone else for that matter, since I have absolutely no way of knowing.

I would more comfortably agree if I was convinced her intentions were not nefarious. As it is, I'm suspicious of everything she says and has done until the facts emerge, although truthful elements no doubt will be in the mix somewhere!

RSBM

That's really a great point. If we were all following a case where, this particular person was possibly a suspect in say, a burglary on the other side of town, or some kind of online banking fraud, or any other type of crime where a child and her home had nothing to do with it... the way she backed into the driveway that day wouldn't naturally throw up any red flags at all.

But, because a child and the home are at the center, quite literally every move she made, every word she says, everything to do with the child, and everything she did or didn't do at the home that day, every gps hit, cell phone tower ping, every text, phone call and social media login is naturally suspect. Everything she did that day will no doubt be closely examined by everyone involved investigating this case to determine expected, predictable behavior v. out of the ordinary behavior. Including how she backed into the driveway.

And every last bit of it carefully documented to either clear her completely, or file a probable cause affidavit for her arrest.
So yes, in my opinion after following true crime cases for 40+ years, all these sort of otherwise trivial issues we discuss here over and over (and over), matter a lot.
:cool:

I'm sort of amazed that people are so easily led.... believing everything they read, see, and hear.
Remember....most local news agencies are owned by massive entertainment conglomerates.

I'll agree with that up to the point where a child is missing and getting info from his care giver has been like nailing Jello to a tree

Umm, no one? Not sure I understand the question. I said that neighbor thought the dad cried because he thought the stepmother lied about Gannon's comings and goings. Whether she actually lied, we do not know. I've never said that the neighbor lied -- or anyone else for that matter, since I have absolutely no way of knowing.

Which you said was "thirdhand" information.

"Thirdhand", to me, means "I had it from Sue, who got it from Sally, who got it from Barb"; i.e., three degrees of separation.

It doesn't mean three people were in the conversation.

Rodderick said specifically that after he showed AS the surveillance, AS cried and said LS lied about her whereabouts. (I've seen it written here in quotation marks after "Drayton said", though I cannot currently find the citation as I have to go out).

Rodderick, therefore, is a firsthand source of the information that AS cried upon seeing the video.

Well we do know she lied. She left with Gannon in the a.m. Returned without him 4 hrs. later. She then says he left to go to a friends and never returned-ran away. LE isn't even considering him a runaway. Now.

Why was the vehicle in the street in the first place and not parked in the driveway? Maybe that's how they always do it? Or maybe she had been out earlier in the day and didn't feel like backing into the driveway then?

Just an idle thought.

jmo
Yeah, I've wondered if she had been out earlier that morning.

Well Dad would know, LEO would know. What was told to them as compared to what she did. We know she told Leo She last saw Gannon when he went to a friend's house per the police report. Between the hrs if 3-4, We know she left with him in the red truck at 10:15am and came back at after 2:00pm Without Gannon. Those are the facts so far.
MOO

Just a tip folks, actors and their confederates monitor social media threads to see how close both LE and we are to figuring things out. Sometimes they think they are smarter than LE and specialized resources, and enjoy watching us chase our tails. They also try to spread dis-information to throw both LE and groups like us off the trail.
bbm

Bet LS is "chuckling" at LE and some of us who are trying to find Gannon or clues to where she put him before she returned to the house.
Nauseating.

Agreed about LS and those sympathetic to her -- are out there or here, spreading misinformation !!!!

Which you said was "thirdhand" information.

"Thirdhand", to me, means "I had it from Sue, who got it from Sally, who got it from Barb"; i.e., three degrees of separation.

It doesn't mean three people were in the conversation.

Rodderick said specifically that after he showed AS the surveillance, AS cried and said LS lied about her whereabouts. (I've seen it written here in quotation marks after "Drayton said", though I cannot currently find the citation as I have to go out).

Rodderick, therefore, is a firsthand source of the information that AS cried upon seeing the video.

Whether there was a lie is the third-hand information - not what Drayton said about the lie. Drayton got that it was a lie from the dad, but has no way of knowing if there was, in fact, a lie (regardless of whether he believes the dad). Then the media got it from Drayton and WS got it from the media and I got it from WS. So whether there was an actual lie is probably more like 5th hand for me, and third- or fourth-hand to the general public. Even if it ultimately turns out to be true.

Couldn't it also mean that there is a criminal investigation along with the initial missing persons investigation and they just don't want to call it that yet?

Is it common to keep any information about a Grand Jury from the public or would we have heard something about that by now?

Imo
IMO regardless of LE's denial I do believe a criminal investigation is in progress. LE can spin it however they want to the press but a "parallel" investigation is exactly that - they're looking into all other possibilities and that must include foul play.

As for the Grand Jury what I've found from following cases here is that msm usually reports when a GJ finds a "true bill" i. e. indicts a perp and it usually comes from the DA's office. In some cases it takes a while.

But in felony cases I believe LE can make an arrest based on suspicion, usually after conferring with the DA. I don't know if that requires a signed warrant by a judge though. MOO.

Just an idle thought.

jmo
That really touches on what I mentioned earlier about knowing what is normal, predicted behavior v. unusual, unexpected behavior that happened on that day.
Problem is, we really don't know if it was normal or not. I bet the neighbor's cam does though, or even their own Ring door cam.

am I allowed to say that I don't believe that ending?

here's all my letters: I MO, MOO, IME, ETC
bbm
Neither do I.
What a crock and cluster that is.

But as far as Gannon -- yes, it looks like he left with LS and was never seen again and she knows what has happened to him.

And then... the mocking of Gannon's dad through the baby sitter's interview; by saying he was the one who "spanked"-- and by default (even though the sitter didn't say this ) not LS who disciplined.
Thus covering for LS in case Gannon is found deceased with bruises or other injuries.
Per the babysitter's words.

Whether there was a lie is the third-hand information - not what Drayton said about the lie. Drayton got that it was a lie from the dad, but has no way of knowing if there was, in fact, a lie (regardless of whether he believes the dad). Then the media got it from Drayton and WS got it from the media and I got it from WS. So whether there was an actual lie is probably more like 5th hand for me, and third- or fourth-hand to the general public. Even if it ultimately turns out to be true.
It's all in the police report when he was reported missing. From the start. He went to a friend's house, 'Searched Google'. He was not seen leaving going anywhere other than getting in the Red truck at 10:15 am. Then POOF nothing.
MOO

That really touches on what I mentioned earlier about knowing what is normal, predicted behavior v. unusual, unexpected behavior that happened on that day.
Problem is, we really don't know if it was normal or not. I bet the neighbor's cam does though, or even their own Ring door cam.
Is Dad's car in the garage when he's away? Perhaps she used his car that morning, but first had to move her vehicle to the street so she could pull Dad's car out of the garage. When she returned home in his car, she parked it in the garage, but didn't bother moving her car into the driveway because she had "errands" to run later.

Would there be a reason to take his car somewhere rather than hers?

Just brainstorming whatever details we have while waiting for new info (while some of the rest of you bicker, lol).

jmo

You are correct-

We saw her leave, we saw him get in before she left.

We saw her come back 4 hrs later and we didn't see him get out of the car.

But- He may have exited on the other side, he may have exited later in the video, he may have been dropped off at the corner so he could walk to his friends house, there may be a gap in the video where he did come home with her...

I personally don't think he returned with her. We will see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleepingpillsstore