Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is allowed, but it was on the actual news channel on television, so maybe? They somehow accidentally put the banner "BODY DISCOVERED" with GS's name on it. They apologized afterwards and said it was a mistake. What a mistake to make. :( News Channel 5

RBBM

Indeed.

Prayers for Gannon's safe return. Hope you are okay, Gannon!

Not sure if this is allowed, but it was on the actual news channel on television, so maybe? They somehow accidentally put the banner "BODY DISCOVERED" with GS's name on it. They apologized afterwards and said it was a mistake. What a mistake to make. :( News Channel 5

Reporters should know better than to believe rumors posted on FB or other social media.

I just wanted to say that I found it very interesting how Gannon's mom said "mommy and daddy's here [...] I know that's your biggest wish, was to see mommy and daddy standing here", and dad nodded his head "yes" in the background.
I'm wondering if that was one of the main goals of this presser. IF they think there is still a chance that he ran away because he didn't have a good relationship with his step-mom. Imo, they wanted to push that narrative. GS wanted his mom and dad back together in a loving home. I get it. I hated my step-mom. My dad was only around on weekends because of his job. That meant I was with my step-mom Monday-Friday. She punished me. A lot. I'm not saying all step-parents are bad, I'm saying they're not all good. Even favoritism could harm a child mentally.

This is just a wild thought but maybe somebody local would be able to answer.
I was watching the weather reports and wondered whether anybody could possibly survive and if so under what circumstances.
The first possibility that hit me was the possibility of an underground cave, insulated from harsh weather.
It's a wild one and I'm just throwing it n there in case the possibility exists. Possibly a place that only children know?

This is just a wild thought but maybe somebody local would be able to answer.
I was watching the weather reports and wondered whether anybody could possibly survive and if so under what circumstances.
The first possibility that hit me was the possibility of an underground cave, insulated from harsh weather.
It's a wild one and I'm just throwing it n there in case the possibility exists. Possibly a place that only children know?
I'm semi-familar with the area (live 2 hours away, but used to travel near there for work occasionally). It would be pretty frigid even in a "cave." I believe GS was on the outskirts of the city, but this is a large metro area we're talking about, so while there are probably open fields between housing developments, I wouldn't expect there to be a lot of shelter type areas. And the altitude is around 6000-6500 ft above sea level, so the nights are going to be especially cold. I believe there may be some snow expected overnight tonight, and if even a slight breeze comes up, that wind chill will drop the temperature into the single digits or lower very fast. Without warm clothing, it wouldn't be a stretch to think someone would fall victim to the elements. However, I also think, barring the inability to go for help, an 11 year old would feel the very cold temperature, and walk into a business, or approach a person for help/warmth. I could see an older child trying to "rough it," but I feel (all my own opinion) GS is young enough to get afraid and cold.

I'm semi-familar with the area (live 2 hours away, but used to travel near there for work occasionally). It would be pretty frigid even in a "cave." I believe GS was on the outskirts of the city, but this is a large metro area we're talking about, so while there are probably open fields between housing developments, I wouldn't expect there to be a lot of shelter type areas. And the altitude is around 6000-6500 ft above sea level, so the nights are going to be especially cold. I believe there may be some snow expected overnight tonight, and if even a slight breeze comes up, that wind chill will drop the temperature into the single digits or lower very fast. Without warm clothing, it wouldn't be a stretch to think someone would fall victim to the elements. However, I also think, barring the inability to go for help, an 11 year old would feel the very cold temperature, and walk into a business, or approach a person for help/warmth. I could see an older child trying to "rough it," but I feel (all my own opinion) GS is young enough to get afraid and cold.
So an underground area that holds sufficient warmth to maintain body temperature and sustain life, might be an old shaft to a basement or an old mine... a place where a child could be hidden as much as a place a child entered voluntarily.
All the overground possibilities appear to have been explored.
Of course he may not be outside at all.

Wilson lives down the street from the Stauch family, where Gannon was last seen. He personally doesn’t know the family but says the neighborhood is close, stating “They are not strangers, never met them, but they live down the street, that’s family.”

Wilson is searching for Gannon by using his personal drone and flying it near their neighborhood.

Wilson says the idea came after a friend made a suggestion and got a clearance from the Federal Aviation Administration, which provided him with a waiver.

As of Thursday, he has devoted hours to the search and has covered nearly 50 miles with his drone.

“The biggest thing is having other people look at the video, and they tell me to look at a certain time,” Wilson said.
The community not giving up hope in finding missing 11-year-old

:( Just signed up for this so apologize if I I’m doing this wrong. This case concerns me as I’m local to the area and live roughly 1 mile away. I personally sell building materials to this area and my companies trucks are there daily. This is a very large area with a ton of new homes being built!! I can’t overstate this enough... If GS is actually a runaway there would be plenty of places to seek refuge with the number of new homes in the area that are vacant. As of late this particular subdivision called Lorson Ranch has been plagued with car thefts, burglaries, assaults, etc. It’s considered Colorado Springs but truly is closest to Fountain. With that being said nothing is really close to this place especially via walking distance for a child. As another poster stated you go where the evidence points and the evidence points back to a child whom is sick, stayed home from school, and yet was allowed to walk to a friends in inclement weather... I can’t help but scratch my head at this! Yes, everyone parents differently however based on the last job history available for SM someone whom works in a school district or at least did should understand the importance of
not spreading germs especially since currently everyone I know has been sick over the last few weeks( hit both my office locally and in Denver) I’m leaning towards something happened on this “hike” with the SM. It doesn’t look good...

:( Just signed up for this so apologize if I I’m doing this wrong. This case concerns me as I’m local to the area and live roughly 1 mile away. I personally sell building materials to this area and my companies trucks are there daily. This is a very large area with a ton of new homes being built!! I can’t overstate this enough... If GS is actually a runaway there would be plenty of places to seek refuge with the number of new homes in the area that are vacant. As of late this particular subdivision called Lorson Ranch has been plagued with car thefts, burglaries, assaults, etc. It’s considered Colorado Springs but truly is closest to Fountain. With that being said nothing is really close to this place especially via walking distance for a child. As another poster stated you go where the evidence points and the evidence points back to a child whom is sick, stayed home from school, and yet was allowed to walk to a friends in inclement weather... I can’t help but scratch my head at this! Yes, everyone parents differently however based on the last job history available for SM someone whom works in a school district or at least did should understand the importance of
not spreading germs especially since currently everyone I know has been sick over the last few weeks( hit both my office locally and in Denver) I’m leaning towards something happened on this “hike” with the SM. It doesn’t look good...
Welcome KCJRCSC!! Thank you for providing your insight to the area. Very much appreciated.

I haven’t followed as many cases as some members here, but the ones I have followed involve some pretty sick women. It’s been a revelation to me. Unfortunately, my “hinky meter” broke on another thread so all I can say right now is, something doesn’t pass the “smell” test. JMHO

I fear that possibility, as well. I Hope he didn't ask the wrong person for help. It's very cold, now, snow flurries. I just want this child home safe.

Authorities say Gannon Stauch 'missing and endangered' after days gone - KRDO
But investigators said they had checked home security cameras in the neighborhood and had not identified images of Gannon on any of them.

Also on Thursday, several people searched through and around a vacant house on Fountain Mesa Road, in case Gannon was hiding there. No one was found.

BOY3-scaled.jpg

Xavier Hannah and his wife, Jessalynn Nostrum, were among the searchers.

BOY5-scaled.jpg

"You can never really take anything for granted," Hannah said. "There are a hundred places he could be hiding. He could be anywhere, really--nationally, even. It's kind of sad. I just wanted to help out as much as I possibly could. There are child molesters around, too. Someone could have taken him.

For those wondering why Gannon was treated initially as a runaway:

NewsChannel 13 reported Wednesday, it is the policy of the [El Paso County] Sheriff's Office to investigate reports of missing children aged 10 and older as runaways, until evidence is found to prove an abduction or kidnapping has taken place.

(From Channel 13 website)

For those wondering why Gannon was treated initially as a runaway:

NewsChannel 13 reported Wednesday, it is the policy of the [El Paso County] Sheriff's Office to investigate reports of missing children aged 10 and older as runaways, until evidence is found to prove an abduction or kidnapping has taken place.

(From Channel 13 website)

The El Paso Sheriff's Office might do well to review this policy. There is no reason to report these children as runaways. What's wrong with simply being "missing"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member