CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No motive? Seriously? Has the defense not read paragraph 142 (pp 22) of the arrest affidavit chronicling some of LS's Google searches?

A few excerpts:
My husband's ex-wife does nothing for her kids
I wonder if my husband's ex-wife is sending me a card since I raise her kids.
One day some people will wish they had treated you differently.
Son is sick but I have to go to work.
Police steps for our runaway.
Can Nintendo find my Switch.

Sorry defense but jealousy, resentment and rage do NOT equal insanity. Is it any wonder it's been so hard to find a jury who can remain impartial? This is on the brink of being a mockery. JMO.
Great post!!!!!!

And as soon as he said that, she shushed him.

This trial is already so emotional, so enraging and devastating, can't imagine being the family watching this.
Omg. I haven't watched much yet, and after reading this I'm not sure I can. I literally want to reach through the screen and strangle her.

Oh our poor boy.

Did Tee make this poster?
Yes, she posted it at a Colorado military housing real estate site newsletter, Pink Realty. It was the first mention of him running away and then it just started the ball rolling and then it hit the fan.

*Found it. It was called Fountain Valley Times:

Last edited:
And the poor little guy was crying on the video. Didn’t Harley hear him cry? Laina? This will forever hurt their hearts!

Laina is seen lying in her bed in part of the video as Letecia is walking around with the phone.
Imo Laina had told of Leteccias treatment of Gannon before that day, Al made her apologise for lying.

Yes, she posted it at a Colorado military housing real estate site newsletter, Pink Realty. It was the first mention of him running away and then it just started the ball rolling and then it hit the fan.

*Found it. It was called Fountain Valley Times:
Was anybody else just immediately suspicious of the stepmom, seeing how she said he stayed home "sick" on the missing person flyer. She put the word sick in quotation marks as if to subtly imply that he wasn't actually sick, maybe just a bad kid who wanted to skip school? I know just off the bat seeing that raised a red flag for me. You can see her dislike for him in that.

4th Judicial District Attorney Michael J. Allen began by saying the defense will attempt to prove that Stauch is insane. However, his team claims Stauch was able to tell the difference between right and wrong at the time of the alleged crime.

"She knew what she did was wrong," said Allen.

Allen brought up the 911 call when she reported him missing when she reportedly admitted to being the last person to see him.

Her defense attorney then spoke.

"It was an awful, awful thing that happened to Gannon," said defense attorney Will Cook, "What happened to that boy in 2020 is beyond description."

Allen argued that Stauch beat Gannon inside their home, shot him three times, with one bullet piercing through his jaw, and stabbed him 18 times. The victim had defensive wounds on his body, indicating he tried to fight back during the attack.

“Gannon was fighting for his life,” Allen said.

“There is no motive,” Cook said, showing jurors a photo of Gannon and Letecia Stauch smiling together the day before he was killed. “There is no reason. It doesn’t make sense. It’s insane. A smiling photo, and the next day, Gannon is gone. No reason for it.”

*This photo? Sounds premeditated to me.
View attachment 412789

"He had been shot, stabbed 18 times and suffered a skull fracture. His body was wrapped in bedding from the family’s home, and bullets found in the suitcase appeared to have been fired from a gun kept in the family’s home."
[. . .]
"Investigators never found the tool Letecia Stauch used to stab Gannon, the clothing she wore during the attack or the shell casings from the family’s gun, Allen said. Letecia Stauch scrubbed the walls and floor of Gannon’s bedroom and put her bloody shoes in the washing machine, he said."

Help me understand this. Even though the bullets were found in the suitcase, would it have been better (more evidence, with fingerprints?) if the shell casings had been found as well?

If this fake story line is allegedly her past....
What in the blank was she doing being a school teacher?!!
Give me a break.
She was well aware of her surroundings and she was pi$$Ed at Al.
Didn't he find someone else??
She was tired of babysitting.
Plain and simple she wanted revenge!
Ugh!!!
And I'd like to know the story behind LS ("T") having earned a PhD . . . ? Huh?!!

Trial 6-8 weeks long, seems really long. Is that typically how long trials like this go? Is she using a public defender? Not sure my heart can handle hearing all the details, poor little man didn’t stand a chance.

LS took those photos to send to AS, she looks pained. The kids were probably told to smile for AS.
Also, if one has ever had to live with someone like LS, there are times when the manipulation turns to be a fun event when the dread of doom subsides a little and their is a feeling of relief. ( I do realize I'm singing to the choir ) MOO

This is just all MOO, as I'm processing today's courtroom proceedings. Oh, so T showed up wearing floral print. Today she hid, but it's going to be a long trial and, no doubt about it, we can expect some antics from her. (In her mind she's thinking, "Everybody is going to want to apologize to me when this trial is done".)

Prosecution's Opening Statements-- Gannon's voice "I'm just worried about my burns." Later they will see a picture of Gannon on that hike smiling the day before.

We all heard Gannon, he was just worried about his burns, and she didn't take him to a doctor, oh no, she laid some kind of guilt trip on him about selling their furniture. Jurors heard it. That is what the jurors are going to realize and remember. Gannon was trapped in the care of this cunning, manipulative woman.

The evidence Prosecution will present is going to be graphic and factual. Whereas, the Defense is going to present very little facts, but want Jurors to believe in imaginary demons.

Defense's Opening Statements-- See that happy little boy the day before? Well, she killed him, but... it's because of the demons. There's no explanation how he could end up dead, stabbed 18 times, even shot... oh, wait, it's because T had to unleash her resentment and fury on that sweet innocent boy. Jurors are being asked to envision demons, but Jurors are still back thinking about that little boy who got burned somehow, and he ended up dead soon after.

Jurors will see right through defense's feeble excuses of demons from T's childhood, and multiple personalities that suddenly have showed up. Jurors will hear nothing but ridiculous excuses coming from the defense.

That's what I think anyways. All MOO.

LS took those photos to send to AS, she looks pained. The kids were probably told to smile for AS.
Also, if one has ever had to live with someone like LS, there are times when the manipulation turns to be a fun event when the dread of doom subsides a little and their is a feeling of relief. ( I do realize I'm singing to the choir ) MOO
Also was possibly a failed assassination attempt.
I think Garden of Gods was her first choice but too many people around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ma1love