CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is defense attempting to turn HH into an accessory? Is that what we're hearing?

Sometimes it seems like that.

The prosecution is awfully interested in her demeanor.

The one thing that’s odd though is that they make sure to preface their questions by telling the witnesses not to repeat HH’s words “right now.” I feel as though they’re going to address her more closely later. Maybe to get her to be truthful during her testimony.

It strikes me as odd that HH didn’t come back and live with AS and little LS after her mother was arrested. That sends up a red flag for me. AS had been her stepdad for five years. Didn’t he think of her as a daughter?

I think we will find out.

I hope so.

Judge, after going over all the "case law", or precedent about defendant's demeanor during a trial, the Judge is deciding to not answer the Juror's question about Letecia mouthing things, nodding, or whatever during her own trial.
I hope they were paying attention to her laughing today. That certainly isn’t going to do her any favors. She’s dunzo, anyway. Today’s testimony was especially damning for her. The reaction to the undercover officer serving the warrant (yelling at Harley not to say anything, request a lawyer, etc), the downright cheerful exchange she had with the officer who responded to her “runaway” call, and the conversation she had with the neighbor — they all indicate she had clear control of all her faculties.

Few things from today:

Thought we were going to learn the PhD was all a scam - who knows. Feel like they lead us down that path and then just didn't go there. Still wondering how she got the job - seems they even caught her in a reference 'scam' and looked past that.

The things I'd do to see the key throwing her running story. (Watched her back to camera interview after hearing that and made me chuckle)

I think we already all knew this - but she is someone that THINKS she is the smartest in the room.

I felt like they kept teasing us with Harley testimony. (Also is the defense trying to make Harley an accomplice?)

Glad we only had to hear a little of LS voice today. It's already nauseating to me.

Letecia said, "Somebody had to see the strange man leave the Stauch house with Gannon and an empty suitcase." (Me the sleuth saying, "How would anyone know it was an empty suitcase?")
So ,Letecia might be saying ,it was empty because it was empty when it left the house. Maybe ..i dunno , seems like a self confession though.

Few things from today:

Thought we were going to learn the PhD was all a scam - who knows. Feel like they lead us down that path and then just didn't go there. Still wondering how she got the job - seems they even caught her in a reference 'scam' and looked past that.

The things I'd do to see the key throwing her running story. (Watched her back to camera interview after hearing that and made me chuckle)

I think we already all knew this - but she is someone that THINKS she is the smartest in the room.

I felt like they kept teasing us with Harley testimony. (Also is the defense trying to make Harley an accomplice?)

Glad we only had to hear a little of LS voice today. It's already nauseating to me.
If only she would have done the key throwing slow sprint in home depot or Walmart parking lot, we would be in luck. That's where we get all our good footage.

So ,Letecia might be saying ,it was empty because it was empty when it left the house. Maybe ..i dunno , seems like a self confession though.
She is sooooooo bad at narrative crafting.

Bad man left with an empty suitcase... with Gannon wrapped in his blanket, outside the suitcase.

So.... when y'all find Gannon wrapped in the blanket inside the suitcase, you'll know -- bad man. You know, with the teardrop tattoo for good measure.

Last edited:
Why do you guys think she’s hiding behind her hair, sitting away from her attorneys, etc? I don’t think it furthers her insanity claim. We know she doesn’t feel shame or remorse. She certainly seemed to like the attention at the beginning of the investigation. It seems like a lot of these murderers (Tammy Moorer and Alex Murdaugh come to mind) are more present during their trials. The “hiding” behavior seems inconsistent with the attention seeking behavior.

It's been a long, long day. I had to turn the trial off and walk away this morning before the suitcase. I follow so many cases and it takes a lot for me to get to that point but my heart just couldn't do it today. I'm so thankful we're all here together going through this for Gannon. Thank you for the laughs tonight too! MOO

Few things from today:

District 20 rescinds offer

Don’t burn D20 at the stake too quickly. They actually released a statement saying her employment offer was conditional and they rescinded it after finding discrepancies.

Why do you guys think she’s hiding behind her hair, sitting away from her attorneys, etc? I don’t think it furthers her insanity claim. We know she doesn’t feel shame or remorse. She certainly seemed to like the attention at the beginning of the investigation. It seems like a lot of these murderers (Tammy Moorer and Alex Murdaugh come to mind) are more present during their trials. The “hiding” behavior seems inconsistent with the attention seeking behavior.
See how much attention she shows Monday when the Medical Examiner testifies . I want to see if she looks at the work of her own hands. It will break my heart to hear what Gannon suffered! However I keep telling myself that’s where God steps in, that’s why our body’s go into shock.

It's been a long, long day. I had to turn the trial off and walk away this morning before the suitcase. I follow so many cases and it takes a lot for me to get to that point but my heart just couldn't do it today. I'm so thankful we're all here together going through this for Gannon. Thank you for the laughs tonight too! MOO
Agree. I had to turn off the trial for a while today during the body cam audio. Just couldn't take any more of LS words. Man, how we all love that little boy. There couldn't be a better group of people here. Gannon is the first missing persons case I ever followed. And, pretty much from the beginning. Really thankful I found the Websleuths community early on when he was missing, you guys are truly amazing. Gannon will always hold a place in my heart, and I'm sure, all of yours, too.

I'm beginning to see how that night unfolded.

T was at risk for being out on her ear.

Garden of the Gods. Withheld Gannon’s meds, if I heard that right. The fauxcrying over Kobe. BK. For sure the meal you choose for a child with digestive issues.

Gannon punished for an unknown infraction. (Was he punished for involuntary bathroom accidents???? Not to be graphic but chronic constipation can result in spontaeous leakage. Absolutely no way to anticipate or control that.)

Truth in the lie. Gannon was in the basement playing on his Switch perhaps. Hears T coming downstairs, tries to hide the Switch because he's afraid... of her.

Wouldn't be surprised if T lunged at him and she knocked the candle over. (Candle to mask bathrooming odors from earlier, I'm thinking.) Starts a fire, burns/melts the carpet.

if you're keeping score:

Gannon possibly in trouble for IMO encopresis, over which he'd have no control.

Gannon possibly in trouble for having his Switch, which may have been taken away for reasons beyond his actual control.

Gannon in trouble for starting a fire, and therefore to blame for his worrisome burns.

0 for 3.

Gannon, not responsible for any of it.

T, 3 for 3. The (alleged) adult in the room. Recording him taking the blame. Sickening. Demented.

And this, this is what led to the avalanche of horrendous decisions.

Does T have a single, healthy coping skill?

The above bowled her over?

Pushed her over the parenting edge?

I think we may come to see that HH learned early in life that she was to be a bauble. The only feelings that matter, T's. Living in the shadow of a narcissistic mother...

I wonder if T was beginning to blame Gannon for threatening her marriage. Senseless but who knows how she thinks. Susan Smith moment. Disappear Gannon, surely that'll bring Al home. He'll comfort her, the family will be restored. Again, rubbish. But goes to motive.

It's just all so awful.

She and Harley could have packed up and driven away, told Al his kids were home alone and started a new life somewhere else.

Why, oh, why isn't there a rewind? Rewind her right out of Gannon's life....

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member