CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmp2

Here are the first 32 questions:
1. I like mechanics magazines.
2. I have a good appetite.
3. I wake up fresh and rested most mornings.
4. I think I would like the work of a librarian.
5. I am easily awakened by noise.
6. I like to read newspaper articles on crime.
7. My hands and feet are usually warm enough.
8. My daily life is full of things that keep me interested.
9. IamaboutasabletoworkasIeverwas.
10. There seems to be a lump in my throat much of the time.
11. A person should try to understand his dreams and be guided by or take
warning from them.
12. I enjoy detective or mystery stories.
13. I work under a great deal of tension.
14. I have diarrhea once a month or more.
15. Once in a while I think of things too bad to talk about.
16. I am sure I get a raw deal from life.
17. My father was a good man.
18. I am very seldom troubled by constipation.
19. When I take a new job, I like to fmd out whom it is important to be nice to.
20. My sex life is satisfactory.
21. At times I have very much wanted to leave home.
22. At times I have fits of laughing and crying that I cannot control.
23. I am troubled by attacks of nausea and vomiting.
24. No one seems to understand me.
25. I would like to be a singer.
26. I feel that it is certainly best to keep my mouth shut when I'm in trouble.
27. Evil spirits possess me at times.
28. When someone does me a wrong I feel I should pay him back if I can, just for
the principle of the thing.
29. I am bothered by acid stomach several times a week.
30. At times I feel like swearing.
31. I have nightmares every few nights.
32. Ifmdithardtokeepmymindonataskorjob.
FWIW you are listing questions from the MMPI, not the MMPI-2.
Seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to cheat this - if you wanted people to think you had a personality disorder, or if you wanted them to think you didn't. Question 27, for example... and several others.

The next witness to be called to the stand is Christian Liewer, a crime scene investigator with Colorado Springs Metro Crime Lab.

Liewer testified saying he went to the Stauch home three times in early February, and was looking for blood stains. He said most of his focus was in the garage and Gannon’s room.

Liewer is describing the chemical called blue star that is used to find blood stains. He said there were positive reactions found on a piece of carpet in the garage, the garage floor, on boards, a box, the door leading from the garage to the laundry room, and in the laundry room.

The court is on a break until 1:20 p.m.

This is just so sad.

This was how Gannon left his house...

I find some consolation in this: Gannon is telling his story. Every single lie T told is being exposed.

She threw away a child. So her husband don't be mad at her. So her husband don't kick her out.

I can't wait to be done with her.

Jmo

Second witness today is CSPD crime scene investigator Christian Liewer, who is reviewing where law enforcement found presumptive positive samples of blood in the Stauch's home.

Breaking for lunch now, but so far Liewer testified that he found several presumptive positives for blood in the Stauch's garage and in the laundry room.

It reminds me of Bundy's escape attempts. A lot of smiling and placing people at ease and then acting. The jump from the law library, the escape through the ceiling. I'm not saying LS, or Bundy, for that matter, were brilliant in any way. But they were focused and cunning and ruthless.

MOO

I see Letecia as much less charming than Bundy. Bundy had this sort of affable side to him, as noted by Anne Rule. I think Letecia thinks she's charming, but hearing Al describe all the bull hooey that she said or did to him, I am convinced that maybe he thought she was charming - but it's because she sized him up and manipulated him (and Landen).

I like the cobra metaphor for Letecia Stauch. She mesmerizes people through a combination of superficial "charm" and conscious manipulation, sizing them up and with a great deal of ineptness and an ugly manner, she worms her way into their life and pretends to like what they like, and to share their values.

All the while, she's known how to con, grift, manipulate and boast her way through life since her teen years, IMO. She shows us her obvious and (IMO stupid) mental defenses to anything she doesn't like (she closes her eyes and plugs her ears). She also thinks she can attack an LEO and somehow get away with it. She knows the chances aren't big, but in the game she plays, she hits reset and tries again and again and again. She probably depersonalizes all other humans (her defense is throwing her own mother under the bus - and some clever WSer posted an AngelFire post from LS yesterday (IMO) that has her talking about how her mother is the best mom in the world.

She conned Harley, too.

It's even possible that she's enjoying her own infamy and the "cred" she thinks it gives her. She's a .

IMO.

I see Letecia as much less charming than Bundy. Bundy had this sort of affable side to him, as noted by Anne Rule. I think Letecia thinks she's charming, but hearing Al describe all the bull hooey that she said or did to him, I am convinced that maybe he thought she was charming - but it's because she sized him up and manipulated him (and Landen).

I like the cobra metaphor for Letecia Stauch. She mesmerizes people through a combination of superficial "charm" and conscious manipulation, sizing them up and with a great deal of ineptness and an ugly manner, she worms her way into their life and pretends to like what they like, and to share their values.

All the while, she's known how to con, grift, manipulate and boast her way through life since her teen years, IMO. She shows us her obvious and (IMO stupid) mental defenses to anything she doesn't like (she closes her eyes and plugs her ears). She also thinks she can attack an LEO and somehow get away with it. She knows the chances aren't big, but in the game she plays, she hits reset and tries again and again and again. She probably depersonalizes all other humans (her defense is throwing her own mother under the bus - and some clever WSer posted an AngelFire post from LS yesterday (IMO) that has her talking about how her mother is the best mom in the world.

She conned Harley, too.

It's even possible that she's enjoying her own infamy and the "cred" she thinks it gives her. She's a .

IMO.

Sounds like a psychopath when you put it like like that. JMO

Maybe I did see it wrong! I'm watching it on my TV through the Ickedmel channel - I'm not sure if the quality is the best. He replayed it a few times during the break and I really thought she hit her, but I can see that it definitely could have been just an aggressive grab.

You guys could let me dream, though :p
I wanted to dream with you! She probably would have gotten a slug had she not been reaching for the firearm. Super scary, imo. I kept thinking to myself ... "hit her, hit her!", then I realized LE was trying to save their own life. moo

She conned Harley, too.

IMO.
Not saying LS and Bundy were comparatively affable, I'm talking more about their singularity of purpose. That whole drive, she was waiting for that moment to try to escape. It wasn't an impulsive act, but a very deliberate one, the same as Bundy jumping out the law library window wasn't impulsive. He planned it for weeks. Jumped out of his top bunk over and over to try and acclimatise himself to the landing. Still damaged his leg when it came to the real thing.

I do wonder if she was planning to shoot the LE, or just hold them up and hijack the van and get them to drive her somewhere, or take the van and leave them on the side of the highway. I don't think she would have had any qualms about the first option at all, if she thought it would get her what she wanted. Singularity of purpose.

MOO

Last edited:
Not saying LS and Bundy were comparatively affable, I'm talking more about their singularity of purpose. That whole drive, she was waiting for that moment to try to escape. It wasn't an impulsive act, but a very deliberate one, the same as Bundy jumping out the law library window wasn't impulsive. He planned it for weeks. Jumped out of his top bunk over and over to try and acclimatise himself to the landing. Still damaged his leg when it came to the real thing.

I do wonder if she was planning to shoot the LE or just hold them up and hijack the van and get them to drive her somewhere, or take the van and leave them on the side of the highway. I don't think she would have had any qualms about the first option at all, if she thought it would get her what she wanted. Singularity of purpose.

MOO

I have to agree. LS had nothing to lose at that point, and if she could have gotten the gun, I feel she would not have hesitated to shoot anyone and everyone who got in the way of her escape.

She doesn't fit the definition of "insane" as the law defines it, but she is crazy. Bat- crazy.

I think her plan at this point is to try and be declared insane--spend a short time in a psyche ward, and then convince the doctors she's "cured." It won't happen--and she should never walk free again. But, I think that's her plan.

In his opening statements, Letecia’s defense attorney argued that his client suffered abuse during her own childhood which resulted in what’s known as fragmentation of her personality. Counsel further stated that experts would be brought in to testify about associative identity disorder, which was formerly known as multiple personality disorder.

Generally, the insanity defense is an allegation of a mental health condition, resulting in the inability of the defendant to know right from wrong at the time the crime is committed. In Colorado, the defense must prove that the mental impairment led to the crime.

Here are 3 things you should know about the insanity defense:

1. The defendant admits they committed the crime. Even if it is a silent admission, the parties agree that the person killed the victim.
  2. An expert must testify for the defense as to the mental impairment of the defendant. And that as a result of the mental impairment, the defendant did not know right from wrong at the time the crime was committed. Often the prosecution will present testimony from their own experts, resulting in a battle of the experts.
  3. When an insanity defense is being presented, juries generally want to hear from the defendants themselves. That way, jurors can make their own assessments as to whether defendants were insane when their alleged crimes were committed.
Not sure all that info is accurate. As has been stated in earlier threads, there's more of a burden of proof on the state in Colorado than she acknowledged.
JMO

I wanted to dream with you! She probably would have gotten a slug had she not been reaching for the firearm. Super scary, imo. I kept thinking to myself ... "hit her, hit her!", then I realized LE was trying to save their own life. moo
Cracking up . Just got done watching it all I can say is WOW. I definitely wonder what the jurors are thinking lol.

Seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to cheat this - if you wanted people to think you had a personality disorder, or if you wanted them to think you didn't. Question 27, for example... and several others.

There are several checks and balances built into both MMPI's that aid in concluding whether the person may be lying on the instrument (basically a confidence check on whether certain trends in the answers contradict other trends - so that it means the person is lying or dissembling or maybe didn't understand the instrument.)

There's always a reliability index score attached (and certain PD's are more likely to have low confidence levels on the results, BPD and ASPD are two of those).

IMO.

There are scales built in to catch people faking good (trying to look healthy) and faking bad (trying to look sick.) It's not as easy to beat in those 500+ questions as it may appear. Questions also often load on more than one scale. Finally results can point to disorders that are not personality disorders despite the name.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member