CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two reddish brown stains were discovered on the underside of the carpet, the padding under the carpet, and on the concrete underneath the padding in the southeast corner of the bedroom. Sections of the carpet and padding are shown to the jury.

A photo was also taken of a chip defect in the windowsill located on the wall next to the southeast corner. The next photo shows an outlet cover with what appears to be diluted blood stains on it. The outlet cover was removed as evidence for further testing.

(Side note -- one of her attorneys appears to be thumbing thru or reading some sort of thick book at the defense table.)

Just seemed to be a note passed from someone, possibly AS, to the DA, who passed it on to the person currently questioning the witness (I've forgotten her name, sorry! EDIT: Ms Gratiano! Thank you, Kiranerys.). Interesting.

Last edited:
Next photos were taken in the master bedroom on the main level with an emphasis on the firearm sitting on top of a dresser. They were able to seize the handgun as evidence due to the possible bloodletting event evidence discovered in Gannon's bedroom.

A 17-round capacity magazine was found in the handgun, and the CSI observed approximately 16 cartridges were present inside the magazine.

Again, I have to commend this young man for his accuracy and thoroughness!

The murder trial for Letecia Stauch has resumed. Liewer, a crime scene investigator with Colorado Springs Metro Crime Lab is back on the stand.

Liewer is testifying about photos he took of positive reactions of the blue star chemical which can detect blood. There were many positive reactions on the wall where Gannon’s bed was.

Liewer is also describing a reddish/brown stain on the carpet where Gannon’s bed was. The stain went through the carpet, the padding, and down to the concrete.

Liewer also photographed a defect on the window sill next to Gannon’s bed. Liewer said based on the evidence, they began looking for what caused the bloodshed event, like a blunt force instrument or a firearm.

I really like this guy…..he does such a good job walking the jury thru everything. I really wish I could tame my anger of this woman as it continues to grow.

He is another exceptional witness. He is so thorough in his explanations, wouldake a great teacher (unlike some :D )

Just seemed to be a note passed from someone, possibly AS, to the DA, who passed it on to the person currently questioning the witness (I've forgotten her name, sorry!). Interesting.

Her name is Miss/Ms Gratiano :)

Liewer is now testifying about how they searched the home for cleaning materials and supplies, based on the evidence of blood they found. A bottle of vinegar was found on the washer/dryer, while other supplies were found under the kitchen sink.

Photos taken on February 2, 2020 to document cleaning supplies

Photo - the washer and dryer in the laundry room and a bottle of vinegar on top of one of the appliances
Photo - the inside kitchen sink cabinet overall
Photo - a close up of a bottle of a smoke odor eliminator under the kitchen sink
Photo - a close up of baking soda box under the kitchen sink

CSI did not see any shell casings/cartridges during his 3 visits.

Very, very tiny non-diluted blood stains on the wall of Gannon's room. :( A crime scene that spanned throughout half of the house, stairway, and garage. There was evidence all over the place. All her cleaning could not erase what she did to that young boy.

Comforter collected from Harley's room? The comforter had blood on it that probably transferred to the mattress. The comforter was collected in lieu of the mattress.

We're back to swabs and Bluestar reactions in the stairwell and basement.

Bluestar reactions all the way down the stairs including each landing, base of the stairs, in front of the storage room, in the storage room, and Gannon's room. The reactions all make a clear path from Gannon's room to the garage.

Photo of the bottle of vinegar on the washer. Lots of other cleaning products under the kitchen sink, including smoke and odour cleaner, and baking soda.

On the 5th, the light was better in Gannon's room due to the time of day and they were able to see very fine visible bloodstains on Gannon's wall, and called in an expert to analyse them.

Comforter with potential blood retrieved from the bed in HH's bedroom and sheet with potential bloodstain retrieved from the laundry basket in the closet of HH's bedroom.

Oh, HH, honey, if that doesn't turn out to be menstrual, you've been set up. You have a solid alibi, and your 'mother' put blood evidence in your room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan