CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see two interesting non-cleaning supplies on the list. Baking Soda and Extreme Deodorizer.

Deodorizer (standard kind sold at such stores) is mostly baking soda and fragrance. As I posted above, these slow down decomposition and have been used for that purpose since Ancient Egypt. It was the first step in mummification.

I posted links above.
I classify those as cleaning products, although baking soda does have many purposes. I just meant that HH got the grooming supplies for herself, not at LS's request.

Seriously, who would have ever expected an innocent person to leave the state before LS's missing stepson was found? I think the family came to support AS/LS and help look for Gannon. They were all fooled! MOO
I think her brother was but I need to hear Aunt Brenda was fooled as well..but i wont know ever..

I don't think she really cares what is being said about her. She's showing signs of boredom. If she didn't act out during HH's testimony, I doubt anything else will bother her that much. Thankfully, I'm just watching with no blood boiling or hatred.
View attachment 415473
That's what I said... bored. I'm glad it doesn't make your blood boil. We are built differently, I guess.

Is there a source that the aunt made LS get a whole different van?

I assumed LS got the van herself knowing she was not going to SC but was headed to Florida to dump GS's body.

In this case, I think LS did her aunt a favor by not exposing her to renting a van to carry a murdered child's body hidden inside a suitcase. JMO
HH testified to that yesterday, and LS brother (surname Lowry) testified to that when he was on the stand earlier in the trial (i believe the first day)

I see two interesting non-cleaning supplies on the list. Baking Soda and Extreme Deodorizer.

Deodorizer (standard kind sold at such stores) is mostly baking soda and fragrance. As I posted above, these slow down decomposition and have been used for that purpose since Ancient Egypt. It was the first step in mummification.

I posted links above.
My partner has chemical sensitivities, especially to heavily perfumed things. We use baking soda and vinegar to clean most things. We already know vinegar is in play at this crime scene, there were photographs taken of a vinegar bottle in the laundry, a witness discussed it early on, can't recall which one.

That said, baking soda is great at absorbing odours. I just don't know that it would win in a fight against decomposition, when I generally have to apply handfuls of the stuff several times over a few days to deal with the odour of a pet accident on the carpet. We know Terry Rasmussen had success with perfumed kitty litter, but I think he used about twenty bags of the stuff, and he wasn't transporting his victim.

MOO

Last edited:
She has done some side-eyes that scare me out of my socks.
I think I might be one of the only people not looking at her hardly at all. If I'm not typing, I'm watching the witness and whoever's at the podium, or Judge Werner, if he moves and catches my attention. I guess I'm just not that interested in her.

MOO

I think I might be one of the only people not looking at her hardly at all. If I'm not typing, I'm watching the witness and whoever's at the podium, or Judge Werner, if he moves and catches my attention. I guess I'm just not that interested in her.

MOO
@iamshadow21 , You are multitasking and reporting for us and doing a great job of it. I rely on your posts to keep me caught up. I assigned myself the task of LS-watching throughout the trial cuz....well, someone has to do it. o_O

My partner has chemical sensitivities, especially to heavily perfumed things. We use baking soda and vinegar to clean most things. We already know vinegar is in play at this crime scene, there were photographs taken of a vinegar bottle in the laundry, a witness discussed it early on, can't recall which one.

That said, baking soda is great absorbing odours. I just don't know that it would win in a fight against decomposition, when I generally have to apply handfuls of the stuff several times over a few days to deal with the odour of a pet accident on the carpet. We know Terry Rasmussen had success with perfumed kitty litter, but I think he used about twenty bags of the stuff, and he wasn't transporting his victim.

MOO
Yes, I think if Gannon was coated in ANYTHING to perserve his body/hide odor, the ME would have testified to finding that on him or the clothing/blankets. That would be one more step of concealment they could prove, but I'm certain she just used it to clean and get rid of the smoke smells.

I had a house fire about 15 years ago and all of our clothes REEKED like a bonfire, even after washing several times with copious amounts of detergent. The nice ladies from Red Cross told me to wash them again with a big scoop of baking soda - that worked like a charm!

@iamshadow21 , You are multitasking and reporting for us and doing a great job of it. I rely on your posts to keep me caught up. I assigned myself the task of LS-watching throughout the trial cuz....well, someone has to do it. o_O
Thank you for your service. I'd rather look at the hardest forensic evidence photos all day every day than be on Teewatch for weeks.

MOO

A whole child is missing right here ,so the move talk and the renting a second van is not appropriate. This is the point where they should have been asking her the questions that were so confusing to us ,instead it seems auntie is alarmed enough to worry about van insurance? She is moving and not helping find Gannon before she flee's? I really wanted to hear from Brenda.

Brenda would be a great (hostile) witness for the prosecution because clearly Brenda thought T. was sane and everything was good or normal with her.

Right? I mean, surely Aunt Brenda knew T. very well and found her credible and in need of help because, as usual, someone was persecuting her (which is probably a family philosophy - that they are "persecuted" esp. by law enforcement).

IMO.

Yes, I think if Gannon was coated in ANYTHING to perserve his body/hide odor, the ME would have testified to finding that on him or the clothing/blankets. That would be one more step of concealment they could prove, but I'm certain she just used it to clean and get rid of the smoke smells.

I had a house fire about 15 years ago and all of our clothes REEKED like a bonfire, even after washing several times with copious amounts of detergent. The nice ladies from Red Cross told me to wash them again with a big scoop of baking soda - that worked like a charm!

Have we heard from the medical examiner yet? Is the autopsy report unredacted and do we have access to it in the court documents?

I haven't been able to follow this every single day, but I don't remember seeing discussion here about what the ME found beyond a general description of Gannon's wounds. Was that in the first week?

TIA.

I agree. Bicarb/baking soda is an alkaline. Even if it reacted with decomposition fluid, there would have been residue somewhere, on Gannon, on his clothing or the bedding, on the suitcase.

MOO

They don't have to.

In CO, she is presumed insane until proven sane. That's the entire premise of this trial.

Prosecution has to prove her sane. Burden of proof is on the prosecution.

This is not a typical situation for states that have NGRI. It's very weird to me. I really don't understand how you prove someone sane - but the jury is given that task here.

IMO.
I know the burden is on the prosecution - I should have added that in my post so as not to confuse other people.

But at the same time the defense has to have *some* basis for their claim. IOW they can't just say "Oh, my client isn't guilty because she has DID" without some expert basis for the claim. I think.

So they have an expert doctor in line to testify that Letecia has DID and what... that an alternate personality murdered Gannon? That she was in some sort of psychotic break when she killed him? Do they plan to rely solely on one doctor's diagnosis?

I guess what I really meant was that IMO their strategy of sitting back and asking lackluster questions on cross makes it appear that the defense has no real evidence of their NGRI claim. At least it may look that way to the jury. Remember Mohammad Ali's old Rope A Dope tactic to let the opponent tire himself out? That's not going to work here IMO, lol.

IMO if their strategy is to wait to pull out the big reveal when it's their turn they risk having it backfire. The prosecution is doing a thorough job of showing that Letecia neither had a psychotic break nor manifested an alternate personality. All MOO of course.

Have we heard from the medical examiner yet? Is the autopsy report unredacted and do we have access to it in the court documents?

I haven't been able to follow this every single day, but I don't remember seeing discussion here about what the ME found beyond a general description of Gannon's wounds. Was that in the first week?

TIA.
We've heard from both MEs. I didn't see the El Paso ME, that was in the afternoon of the first Friday. I think his evidence focussed on getting a complete DNA profile, something previous examinations had failed to do. Pensacola ME was Monday morning, the next week. There was detailed testimony about Gannon's injuries, and photographs of them. As for the reports, I have no idea what is publicly available.

MOO

Attorney brings up statute of limitations.
Do you now know you can't be charged with that crime? Yes. Why? Because you guys believe me.

Huh-- was this brought up by the defense?

It's not like LS committed a misdemeanor where an accessory charge would be a petty offense!

Being an accessory to a felon (class-1 murder) is a felony. And if the defendant is outside of Colorado, the statute of limitations pauses (tolls) for up to five years.

I'm not seeing that HH was free from prosecution based on the statute of limitations. JMO

I turn my attention to watching her if the testimony starts to bore me or upset me. I'm more a visual person. I'm watching on the Recovery Addict's channel which gives me a closer up view of her as well as the evidence shown on the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en