CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exigent circumstances, the phone was seized to prevent LS deleting information or destroying/getting rid of the phone.

Witness is examining phone and sim card and evidence seals on packet. Move to admit. Admitted.

Explaining procedures for handling phone in these circumstances (powering down or Faraday bag to prevent remote tampering). Because the phone was seized, they applied for a warrant, probable cause.

Back to searches of the home. Talking about how you don't get all the information up front like tv 'as nice as that would be'.

Seized the residence initially on the 7th. Blood staining found on the 5th. Evidence kept piling up that the residence needed to be held.

Break until 10:45!

Next witness Lt. Mitchell Mihalko with EPCSO

Lt. Mihalko oversees investigation, main parts of work done by detectives.

Lt. talking about Stauch interview: "It was very difficult to get the defendant in to contact our detectives. In this particular case, as the interview was coming to a close, defendant said she was done with the interview she would come back at a later date and wanted to leave”

"I knew that the defendant was extremely difficult to get in for interview. We did not really know where the defendant was and was not able to locate her easily. We did know she had these diabolically different accounts which we thought was suspicious behavior.”

He thought if she left with cell at that time, it was "highly likely" she could delete important info or evidence on her phone. Circumstances, he said, warranted him to seize Letecia's cell phone.

Lt. Mihalko has evidence bag with the cell phone.

Lt. Mihalko after the phone was seized, they had to get a search warrant to go through the contents of it.

#LeteciaStauch in the courtroom between her two attorneys. Her demeanor currently as Lt. explains how they seized her phone after interview.

Lt. Mihalko said they had suspicions foul play had happened in the house, but not certain without a body at first. "Every lead we uncovered brought us back to that house.”

Around Feb 5th, there was indication there was blood staining within the bedroom of Gannon and they did a blood stain analysis. On Feb 7th, they seized and locked down the house.

Morning recess until 10:45 am

Within past ten minutes: LS pulls long section of hair across face, places it between mouth and nose, runs fingers though hair section, extending a few fingers. Later, she made motions of lifting something small from lap to mouth, then made chewing motions. stream I'm watching maintains a close up view of LS
moo
We must be watching the same stream. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that saw her putting "something" in her mouth. She's starting to make ME feel insane.

The next witness called to the stand is Commander Mitch Mihalko, with the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. When asked about the investigation after Gannon’s disappearance, he said, “This is the largest in scope, depth and time, focused time, that I’ve ever been involved in.”

Mihalko said early on after Gannon’s disappearance, the investigation and search efforts began at the Stauch home and in the surrounding neighborhood, then expanded. He said as the investigation advanced, it became more focused on Letecia Stauch.

Mihalko said Letecia Stauch told detectives and deputies different statements. He said Stauch was hard to get a hold of and hard to get her to come in for an interview with detectives.

Mihalko said during Letecia’s interview with detectives at the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, he took Letecia’s phone out of her hand. He said he was concerned about the conflicting stories and her leaving and destroying evidence on the phone, or the phone itself.

Mihalko said the statements from Letecia began as a runaway/missing kid case, then turned into a rape and abduction case, which are completely different.

Seems to be some self-soothing thing she does.

A couple from Day 8. IIRC, the witness was discussing the possible blood stains on the cardboard box in the storage room.

View attachment 415468View attachment 415469
WATCH LIVE: Stepmom Murder Trial — CO v. Letecia Stauch — Day Eight
Glad you caught those screen shots. I've been focusing on her behavior today. At some point in this trial I believe something will push her over the edge. She doesn't like hearing testimony about her behavior and usually reacts

Glad you caught those screen shots. I've been focusing on her behavior today. At some point in this trial I believe something will push her over the edge. She doesn't like hearing testimony about her behavior and usually reacts
When its read guilty and cuffs are placed on defendant. They will have to drag her out of the courtroom. Nice visual. imo

If I could provide the instruction to the jury, I'd lay it out thusly. Either/or.

Either T is insane... or she's cunning.

If you find her cunning, she is not insane.

She has IMO been and continues to be fully intentional in every single act.

Theatre of one.

LWOP, solitary.

Let her be alone with all her self.

For the rest of forever.

JMO

A little behind yet again.

My impression on the parenting styles of AS and LS is that they were somewhat different and had adopted (either naturally or through deliberate thought) a bit of the Nacho (not your) style of step parenting where each parent is the "lead" for their bio kid and the step is more of a support role. It keeps children who've been raised for years in a different style from suddenly having a complete culture change.
This is supported a bit with the statements that AS was the one who knew who the friends of GS were and AS's rule of home when the street lights came on vs LS's very controlling always knowing exactly where HH was and "questions = backtalking" attitude.
Nacho'ing is difficult, however, when both parents aren't consistently around as was the case for AS and his training activities -- and, one would think, also would've been difficult if LS had decided on a career as a flight attendant (I still have no idea if that was real). In that case, the step is the default primary but is enforcing the bio rules and style, which can get wonky pretty quickly.

Blended families are difficult when everyone is trying.
When one person is completely self-involved, it is impossible.

I can see LS trying to be highly controlling of GS and while a (already inappropriate and abusive) backhand might have worked with HH and caused submission, it might have escalated quickly with GS who perhaps was encouraged to make his own decisions a little more than in LS style.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member