CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: is it typical for someone to be diagnosed with GAD at age 16 and then prescribed medication for about 20 years without ever receiving therapy for the condition?
Depending on how you receive the prescription and/or type of insurance, therapy might not be required only recommended/voluntary. Usually if you go through a community mental health center etc. They won't prescribe you anything without also seeking therapy but if you go through your primary care you could just get the script.
(This is based on my personal knowledge and experience)

Dr. Christine Mohr Clinical Psychologist

Initially, Letecia was in the Medical on Suicide Watch and being checked on and observed every 15 minutes.

Letecia tried to say she had experienced DID episodes, but Dr. Mohr did not observe any types of signs of DID in Letecia in a jail setting. She did not see anything of that nature in Letecia then, or during the interview with Letecia.

1682451602901.png
1682451719999.png

Judge clarifies Christine Mohr is an expert witness in general and forensic psychology and that this was his error.

Witness met with LS for maybe half an hour for the first time. LS was maybe a little tearful. "I feel like an animal in a cage and I am innocent." "I don't belong in a place like this." Reported panic attack symptoms, chest pains. Sounds like the stuff she trotted out for the folks in the CS interview. Says she managed it with diet and exercise. Gave the witness all her 'qualifications' and 'degrees'. Described her daughter and aunt as her primary supports. Said she hadn't talked to her husband in some time because he believed she was guilty. Married six years. Reported issues leading up to Gannon's death in the marriage, wanting to not be a stay-at-home-mum, claimed emotional abuse. Claimed the incident during her transport was that she was sleep deprived and 'sleepwalking'. Transport officers claimed she was trying to hurt herself with her handcuffs. Reported physical and emotional abuse within her relationships. Said she was told she was never a good stepmum by AS.

LS claimed her strengths were being smart, helping others, good at sports. Reported several concussions playing softball. Concussions were minor. No lasting effects. She didn't observe any slowness in speech, forgetting words, frustration with lapses. She had no observable injuries. Did not report any prior suicidal thoughts or behaviour. No markings on her wrists.

"Patient answered and had linear train of thought." Consistent path of speech and thought. "Did not appear to be responding to internal stimulae." She wasn't looking at invisible things or responding to inner voices. Orientation - date, month, time, who you are, where you are, why you're here. Knew and responded correctly to all these things. No concerns noted.

Was on precautionary suicide watch, then transition status, then follow-up. Placed on special needs monitoring, recurring 30 day follow-up because of the high status of the case. Was continuously monitored while in restrictive housing. Within the month of March there were a couple of times she was asked to follow up with her.

LS first raised competency issues in June. LS raised that she thought she had 'multiple personalities' after that.

Witness is talking about how they would expect someone with DID to report historical memory loss for important events, and loss of time for everyday events. Asks the witness through the usual list of questions about names, personalities, accents, etc. No for everything.

Question: is it typical for someone to be diagnosed with GAD at age 16 and then prescribed medication for about 20 years without ever receiving therapy for the condition?
Yes.

In general, most people benefit the most from a combination of cognitive behavioral therapy and medication. This is especially true for short-term treatment immediately after diagnosis. OTOH, I think it's rare for those diagnosed with GAD to seek therapy in the long term. For one, long-term therapy is expensive. For two, you either learn the necessary coping skills to manage your anxiety or you don't. Once you've developed a certain way of thinking, it can be extremely difficult to train your brain to think differently years later.

I wonder if the State will call HW. They filed this on March 28. Jury selection had been going on since March 20.

1FD3AF61-36D1-4ABB-91CE-6D8419385CBE.jpeg

This is her profile in Psychology Today:

Here's one that's a bit more forthcoming about her limitations.
I feel there may be a theme playing out here...I see the egg I just dont know how to nail it down. I also do not know how to pin a tale on the egg. However I am almost for sure , A donkey is behind all of it.

<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
1682452596877.png Right after Dr. Mohr testified no signs of any type of mental illness that she observed.

Just in case you didn't know--
1682452753556.png You can always enlarge a photo by pressing on it, and it takes you to this screen with a + for a closer look.

Agent Hoyland's Cell Phone Data continues.

Not sure I heard this right-- Showed Letecia had spent a total of five hrs. talking with the Lowery # ending in 5030.

View attachment 417110...View attachment 417111

Headed towards Mobile, AL
View attachment 417113

This is showing being close to the Pensacola area where Gannon's remains were found.
View attachment 417114

This shows the entire five days
of travel from CO onward,
the whole trip.

View attachment 417115
It was a 5 hour phone call.... it just probably felt a whole helluva lot longer for the listener.

I think most or all of these were with schools, sadly.

I have still seen no proof of her Ed.D., but I suppose it has no relevance to the State's case. I assume she has that degree from Liberty U, but still no proof.

IMO.
I don't know that we can believe it. Fake polygraph, fake degree. Probably drew up her own diploma and decorated it with clip art.

Jmo

9th March, LS was 'irritable' due to still being on suicide prevention. There were times that LS would blurt out information relevant to the case, despite them deliberately not asking about those things due to not wanting to be caught up in the case.

LS said "I have control of my brain and I want to be an advocate for myself." "Mentally I'm fine, I'm not guilty, the truth will come out."

Witness encouraged her to not talk to anyone at the jail about her charges, only her attorney.

Usually these notes are private, the witness is only testifying because they are relevant.

They were lowering the level of her restriction the longer she was in because she was progressing normally.

12th March.
LS told the witness she had a photographic memory and was acutely aware of all the things she sees and hears.

13th March.
Thought content was appropriate. All appropriate functioning. No psychosis. No signs of mental illness. Would have noted any signs if she'd seen them.

15th March.
Notes from a nurse. Patient has a history of mental health concerns but denies any issues at this time. Consistent with existing reported history.

Missed the date.
Still all appropriate, normal.

20th March.
Checked in with her because Gannon's body was found. She told LS for the first time. LS a bit tearful, overwhelmed. Wanted to call her mother because she didn't have anyone to talk to. Upset she'd lost some time out of her cell earlier in the week. Witness offered herself as someone to talk to about her grief and well being (not charges). Witness never told her where Gannon's body was found. LS replied "Gannon's body was found in Florida? I was never in Florida."

BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Her reaction to hearing of Gannon's death was 'normal but limited'.

No evidence observed suggesting DID.

Boo hoo, hitting my elbow on the jail cell wall. Poor sleep-- tell me about it. Me thinking-- What about Gannon?

Remember Agent Grusing asked her, "What's your last image of Gannon? He said people never forget. It can haunt them. She moved the body a few times, so she has images stuck in her dirty haired head. JMO

Mohr testified that Stauch never exhibited signs of having dissociative identity disorder - like having no recollection of certain prior events - and told Mohr on March 9 that she had “control of her brain” and that she wanted to “advocate for herself.”

Mohr said Stauch would “blurt out” case-related info or voluntarily offer up details without prompting. Mohr said she encouraged Stauch to not speak about her case with anyone except her attorneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en