CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1682462434024.png...1682462289636.png1682462371322.png...1682462536310.png
1682462506068.png After the Jury is Dismissed this is what was going on-- Someone else, not her previous attorneys, might've told Letecia that Gannon's body was found, and that person says Letecia was not told the body was found in Florida. Letecia just came up with the statement, "I wasn't in Florida" without Florida ever being mentioned. This is a big deal coming up! It's possible the Judge will need to talk to Letecia and two more witnesses may be added.

Hope someone else understands this better than I do. I'm just not sure I understand this... It's possible no one did tell Letecia before Dr. Mohr did? They might add her prior two attorneys which would waive the client / attorney privilege's, just to find out who told Letecia. Wild!

Last edited:
Redirect.

Brilliant. Prosecution is pointing out the witness's exact role in assessing her. That the only thing she observed was the anxiety, which LS reported.

Asking about the sexual assault report in Jun 20.

In your setting in the jail, is it common for people to fake mental illnesses. Yes. Pulling back to the cautionary note at the beginning of the DSM.

Pointing out that all the DID symptoms only turned up in direct relation to immanent competency hearing.

Going into how LS would just talk at her about all kinds of things and about how she obviously didn't have any problem spouting anything in front of the deputies.

Log report for LS visitors. Professional visits for LS including attorneys.

Judge just brought out the school teacher voice and smacks them down.

Oooh, Mr Wood complains about being 'taunted' across open court by Mr Young.

Judge lets them all know in a calm and measured voice essentially that it's his court, they're just living in it.

NO VISIT IN THE LOG FROM HER ATTORNEYS ANYWHERE IN THE WINDOW OF WHEN GANNON'S BODY WAS FOUND. Defense totally pulled that out of their you know what.

"A lot of initial mental health assessment in a jail is about taking information from the person and go with that."

Asks if people with DID know they have DID before diagnosis. They can, but it's rare. They would be reporting concerns with loss of memory, time and skills. Would family members and other loved ones and colleagues be reporting lapses or changes in behaviour. Yes, also other mental health staff and deputies. She has had family members ring the jail and report to her symptoms and mental health issues they have observed in the prisoner they're related to to help her get a clearer picture.

"Do you know it when you see it?" About serious mental illness.

"Yes, I have been in this field for over ten years."

Sidebar about the visitor log evidence.

Cross gets a redirect.

He's asking about a lockdown about COVID in the window of the 20th March. Defense is saying the log doesn't show anything but in person visits, not Webex.

Jury question. If a person has sustained repeated sexual abuse, can that person still grow up to be sane if untreated? Yes.

And that's it for that witness. And we're done for the day!

Advising the jury about how the weather event may effect the courthouse. If there is a delayed start, the court will start at 10:30. Talking about the most important thing is to be safe when they are going home and coming back tomorrow. To call and advise or check. If there is not a delayed start, court will start at normal time.

Jury leaves.

Two more psychs tomorrow.

Is defense trying to get more witnesses in at this late stage? The other attorneys from before Mr Tollini took the case? Judge points out that falls under attorney-client privilege and only LS can waive that. And that before they could testify they would have to have a LOOOONG conversation with LS.

And we're done!

Oh, I didn't realize that the EPC Jail was third party/for profit (in terms of its employment of psychologists, I assume you mean). The whole jail isn't privatized, is it?

Have we figured out whether Dr Mohr had access to Stauch's medical records after she left that job? I would assume not. So I wonder if her notes are from memory or if she was enabled, through discovery, to see those records.

EPC jail is not private but contracts out medical services for the jail.
Wellpath that came up today by the defense was previously discussed here when the prosecutor filed motions on their behalf.

In Dr. Lewis's documentary (Crazy: Not Insane), she seems very reliant on two tests -- an MRI and EEG.

I thought the Motion by the EPCJ's medical contractor (Wellpath) shared some insight about both tests that are likely typical evidence that's used to refute Lewis's stance.

IMO, unless there's a baseline, what's to say that an imperfection revealed on a test after the fact did not exist until after the murder, or that it was a defect since birth, and it did not cause LS to murder anybody before?

More in an Abstract by Lewis: Child Abuse and Dissociation in 12 Murderers With Dissociative Identity Disorder

Cook, granted more questioning, is disputing the prosecution’s jail document showing that no attorney visited #Stauch prior to Mohr’s first assessment on March 5 (when Stauch voluntarily brought up Florida). Cook says that log doesn’t include WebEx visits, implying he could …

… have told Stauch about Gannon’s body found in Florida ahead of Mohr’s assessment. That line of questioning has been cut off, as Judge Werner is dismissing the jury for the day.

Take note Cook and Tollini were not LS's attorneys when LS first arrived at EPCJ!! They're the B or C team.

Mohr testified that Stauch never exhibited signs of having dissociative identity disorder - like having no recollection of certain prior events - and told Mohr on March 9 that she had “control of her brain” and that she wanted to “advocate for herself.”

Mohr said Stauch would “blurt out” case-related info or voluntarily offer up details without prompting. Mohr said she encouraged Stauch to not speak about her case with anyone except her attorneys.

Mohr just said she believed she was the first person to tell Stauch that Gannon’s body had been found, and that he was not alive, but did not say where. Mohr said Stauch then voluntarily said “she was never in Florida.” Prosecutor asks why Stauch brought up FL w/out prompting.

Mohr is now recalling how Stauch began to report increasing nightmares, desires to leave the medical ward and overall mental illness over that spring. Said June 5 was the first time Stauch brought up trauma from molestation at age 14.

Prosecutor said June 5 was the same day she began to raise competency issues in court, and Mohr noted that Stauch now wanted to go back to the medical ward.

Mohr said multiple staff had concerns that Stauch was “going to act out because she wants to be listed as crazy.” Mohr said inmates accused of high-profile crimes may have ulterior motives to “fake” mental illness, and that Stauch’s claims were “inconsistent” with true symptoms.

Mohr said Stauch‘s behavior reflected that of someone who may skew their behavior according to court proceedings, and of someone who was faking bipolar disorder & dissociative identity disorder, rather than suffering from those diagnoses.

Time for cross-exam. Defense attorney Will Cook is questioning Mohr on litigation against EPSO/the county jail regarding a large Covid outbreak in 2020, and seems to be making ties between the quality of care under her leadership and that litigation.

For background, I believe Cook is referring to this case, where for-profit jail medical care provider, Wellpath (Mohr’s employer at the time) was sued for itsCovid outbreak mitigation.

Afternoon recess until 3:40 pm MT.

Cook asks if, because she was not monitored constantly while locked up 23/7, it was possible that she shifted personalities in her cell. He’s also questioning whether Mohr could rule out various disorders within a 30-40-minute initial assessment.

Mohr says that someone actually experiencing those disorders would usually self-report due to a lower quality of life: “There would be a general concern that I would expect someone to report.”
She also said that even if they don’t self-report, there would be observable oddities.

In the redirect, the prosecutor asks Mohr if, in a jail setting, clinicians must be extra careful diagnosing inmates because of the higher chance of a motive to fake disorders. Mohr said “yes.”

Plenty of objections from both sides during X-exam and redirect, and some jurors look plenty amused. Cook just objected to hearsay, and prosecutor Young was about to defend himself. Judge Werner: “Stop, both of you.”

Cook, to Werner: “Can you advise Mr. Young to not taunt me?”

Mohr also noted during redirect that no other family member or other staff at the jail had ever reported dissociative behavior by #LeteciaStauch. Said it’s very common for family to be aware of, as well as report, those oddities.

Cook, granted more questioning, is disputing the prosecution’s jail document showing that no attorney visited #Stauch prior to Mohr’s first assessment on March 5 (when Stauch voluntarily brought up Florida).
Cook says that log doesn’t include WebEx visits, implying he could …

… have told Stauch about Gannon’s body found in Florida ahead of Mohr’s assessment.
That line of questioning has been cut off, as Judge Werner is dismissing the jury for the day.

Sorry, not necessarily Cook. He’s telling Werner he may want to present new defense witnesses (if Stauch agrees) next week, likely the attorneys who allegedly met Stauch on March 5.

That’s all for today! Follow @ZachNDupont tomorrow for updates.

Last edited:
EPC jail is not private but contracts out medical services for the jail.
Wellpath that came up today by the defense was previously discussed here when the prosecutor filed motions on their behalf.

Thank you. This little piece of the puzzle is coming together for me. Makes sense. Makes even more sense that Dr Mohr would take notes, if she works for a contractor (that's how home mental health visits work and home nursing too).

I would assume that Wellpath had some minimum expectations in the record-keeping department.

IMO.

I agree.
Fully.
I don't mean to go full boomer but I will anyway..
When I was a student nurse I had a placement in a psychiatric hospital for several months.
Patients had known and common disease labels with symptoms and with appropriate medication prescribed and administered and taken.
Seriously ill people who needed to be hospitalised for their own safety and protection.

GAD didn't feature in any of them.

I think maturity is managing our lives so our various neuroses don't get to run the whole show.

If I set myself up and do something dangerous, I WILL feel anxiety- afterwards.

Was that not around the time of the bomb scare? feb 2001?
What age was she in 2001?

i'm trying to link into court registry.com but browser very slow.
There is nothing wrong with healthy reflections. It's -its own reward.

I'm not sure why I thought the Juror summons were only to El Paso County residents but from Judge Werner's "weather announcement" today, it's clear to me this was a call throughout the 4th Judicial District and includes Teller County! Yes, this makes sense there would be concerns for Weds if looking North.

I agree.
Fully.
I don't mean to go full boomer but I will anyway..
You are very attractive in boomer attire'. It looks as good on you as it possibly can !

I think maturity is managing our lives so our various neuroses don't get to run the whole show.
I think you just learned me some she it. Those words you hung together make some sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop