CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on your doctor. Also who are you asking?Most of the people coming onto the message boards have not been born long enough to answer a question about 20 year research. . (WS is a message board,one of the last)
Also GAD

generalized anxiety disorder.​

I do not even know how this is a label for mental illness. We all have GAD. each and everyone . Lie to yourself, your friend or anyone else

GAD is defined differently than you think. Not everyone has it. I get anxious - but like most people, there's a reason. Like an impending death in the family or bad news about health of one of my family members. That's NOT GAD. GAD is when a person feels chronically anxious for no reason.

I have reasons for my anxiety. I do not have GAD. A person with an Axis I diagnosis who has anxiety is not considered to have GAD either (they have every reason to be anxious).

IMO. Not everything in DSM is a "mental illness," IMO. I have a phobia (which is under control via CBT and other approaches, no longer troubles me). I do not have a mental illness because I'm afraid of one creature on this planet. It's a simple phobia and I pretty much think I'm "cured." (Although...no way I am getting in a closed space with the critter I irrationally fear).

Autism is in DSM, but it is not a "mental illness" in the opinions of many people (including most neurologists and psychiatrists).

But we do not all have GAD, thankfully.

I have been taking a low-dose antidepressant for 20 years, with no therapy. Mine truly does seem to be a chemical imbalance, and this prescription has been miraculous for me.

But mine is for depression, not anxiety, and I was 29 when I started it. I have had several different doctors over the years. I don’t know if this would be typical with anxiety, though?

Good on you @Marmlet for not ignoring your symptoms and so happy you found something that works with your personal chemistry.

With the exception of the COVID-19 years, I've traveled frequently for my work for 20+ years across the country/time zones. After a negative experience with Ambien (sleep Rx), it was replaced with Alprazolam, a class of benzodiazepines.

Also used to treat anxiety disorders and panic disorder, Alprazolam works by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain. For my purpose, when taken about an hour before one intends to sleep, it helps and works as intended.

At my annual physical, I'll get an Rx for about 20 tablets (.25mg), and depending on my travel schedule, I typically have 8-10 pills left at the end of the year that I discard when I receive the new Rx. (Noting the discard date on the bottle by the pharmacy is typically 364 days from the Rx date).

While I don't have anxiety disorders, the Rx product insert provides "Physical dependence may develop after 2 or more weeks of daily use" which makes me think physicians would not prescribe for a patient that suffers from chronic/daily anxiety but event-provoking anxiety to take as needed.

From the testimony, it appears to me that LS was prescribed Rx Lorazopam (class of benzodiazepines) for episodic anxiety or "as needed." JMO

July 14th after her competency evaluation.
LS raised dietary needs. Reported weight loss/coeliac diet. Lab tests did not confirm this. "I'm gonna be so rich after this." LS talking about a civil suit about prison food not taking care of her medical needs.

Aug 21st.
LS was sitting on her bunk with blanket over her head. Said "I don't want to talk" and they noted her refusal.

Explaining the Kite system/inmate messaging system now.
Aug 20th.
Kites written by LS. It's... garbage. It's about her being kidnapped, shot, held hostage? Notes made that the kites were not consistent with prior patient behaviour or language.

Aug 28th.
Refused to be seen.

Sep 11th.
Note after coming back from competency. Psych nurse confirmed that diagnosis given, bipolar disorder, LS meet criteria and did not match what they had seen from her. She did not exhibit either manic or depressive episodes required for diagnosis. They don't get a lot of information back from the state hospital. She was prescribed minipress for nightmares, increased hydroxyzine. 40% medication compliance. Not taking her meds. Refused busebar(sp?) LS claimed her anxiety was getting worse, that she was going to act like she had a different personality, get manic, and pull her hair out. At that time, witness had other clinicians have contact with her and observe her so that it wasn't just her words and observations. That the statement didn't make her consider DID, it was more in line with someone setting up to fake a mental health condition. That the control and prediction implicit don't exist in DID or bipolar.

I think most or all of these were with schools, sadly.

I have still seen no proof of her Ed.D., but I suppose it has no relevance to the State's case. I assume she has that degree from Liberty U, but still no proof.

IMO.
I think it was the SUN (media thread) that cited her employment from her LinkedIn and I made note there was no declaration by LS that she had a doctorate. I can't imagine she would not broadcast this accomplishment if true. JMO

1682455092120.png...1682454866597.png
1682454984281.png She started reporting seeing demons. Dr. Mohr was on guard that symptoms being reported could possibly be fake.
1682455033324.png

Over a year after, Letecia tells Dr. Mohr that in 2018 she spent time in a Psychiatrics hospital in Canada.

What are your thoughts?
Psychologist seems detached and weary/overworked and inexperienced. JMO> Relys on her notes so much, I get the sense she was somewhat aloof in treating LS. Psychologist doesn't follow up on what LS tells her. Seems like she listens, takes a few notes, moves on to next inmate. I know it is difficult being a jail system psychologist. Too many inmates, too little time and sometimes the psychologist is inexperienced. Just my opinion.
ETA: She releases frequent sighs when answering.

Last edited:
Just an opinion, I don't believe this witness, Dr Mohr ever got to know LS very well.

Wait until you hear the Defense's expert. I will bet a dozen donuts that her testimony will involve mostly the records of these other doctors and that she will not have "gotten to know" Letecia at all.

This witness is describing, play by play, how the defendant acted and was observed to act by a Clinical Psychologist with a doctorate and lots of varied experience. THe Doctor's job was to document all symptoms - and she did. There just aren't any major psychiatric symptoms to report.

And you don't have to know someone very long or very well to begin to make that call. LS could have some kind of episodic mental illness, but there is absolutely no evidence of it so far at this trial.

IMO.

In the accompanying article, it's interesting that she seems to want to treat each alter as a different person. She is definitely a sympathetic and likable person. She's also very controversial within psychiatry. The article accompanying the promo says:

//Unfortunately, with this very public platform, Dr. Lewis will spread her oversimplified message of the origins of severely criminal behavior as all tragic, misunderstood victims of DID.//

The author appears to have a background in psychology. I do wonder if Letecia Stauch has had any brain scans, because Dr Lewis seems to be saying that neurological issues in the brain are involved and have markers on MRI/PET scan.

IMO.
Thanks -- I'd read the accompanying article you provided prior to watching the HBO documentary! Also, I've long been skeptical of DID before this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay