CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is clearly a very intelligent and established lady, I just don't understand.
Her reputation in the psych field is just all over the place, she is astounding in some of the work she does with mental health and prisoner advocacy (which I admire no end) but on the other hand the majority of her beliefs are just outright cuckoo!

Part of me really wants to like her but I just cant
I admire her idealism, her goal - a world where we don't execute people who can't understand why they're being executed or what they did to end up there. She is not a doubter that dissociative disorders exist, and a very early believer in CTE, long before they could test for it. All of these things are positives in my book.

However, I disagree with pretty much all her conclusions, and I have a major problem with her apologism about seriously violent offenders.

I think from what I saw in the documentary that she disbelieves in sociopathy and ASPD. Everyone is a sad abused child in her eyes. No one is a predator without a horrible backstory as a 'reason'. And I have a problem with that.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member