CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she really just say ‘I can’t be certain what was going on in her head’?

I thought that’s the whole point of her being up there, to tell us what was going on in the mind of Lie-Tecia. Way to undermine your own testimony. Can we just play the video now and see what Lewis saw that convinced her of DID?

I wonder if the defense think this is going well? If not, does that mean T might take the stand, I don’t think she will personally, after seeing how Lewis has crashed and burned up there she won’t want to face the music without the wall of hair to hide behind.

Unless the prosecutor can find a “gotcha” moment and stop, this crazy woman will testify all week. She’s making over $300 an hour and she will just keep arguing. I’m sure the jury wants to say “Enough”!

I cannot even imagine what the jurors are thinking. How they have to sit through this. I am squirming in my seat, and my eyes are giving the side eye glance. I wonder what they show to the gallery. And, just sayin...but they will have questions for her..

Expert witness Dr. Lewis has confirmed that Letecia drawing the clock over, and switching hands, and improving were proof that art lessons could pay off. Anything else the expert got out of it is nothing. Dr. Lewis doesn't have a clue about anything. Painful to watch, but Prosecution is doing Justice for Gannon.

Guys I’m only up to page 19 and my blood pressure/anxiety/cringe levels are reaching critical mass.

And I’m not a particularly emotional trial viewer. I don’t care what dumb faces LS makes. But this is making a mockery of the entire idea of expert witnesses. (Which I know is already on shaky ground in some ways, but …)

Of course she needed to show even more disrespect by being late again. Court in recess until she shows up.
Despicable.
I'm just logging in and this is unbelievable! Really trying the patience of the Court now and this isn't the first time. From my notes of the last status hearing in March via WebEx:

The report by defense expert Dr. Lewis promised since last December is still outstanding!

Judge Werner spent much time discussing a timeline he drafted of the prior hearings, evaluations, and when the NGRI plea entered and he's baffled at the delays by the defense experts.

DA Allen suggested a conference call by the Court and attorneys to Dr. Lewis because they have no confidence in her word, and respect that the defense is only repeating the promises made to the defense.

Judge Werner cited case law where experts must adhere to the court's order for deadlines imposed by the court for information! Court confirmed the Defense is not waiting on any labs, etc. from the Prosecution, and nobody including the Judge understands Dr. Lewis's disrespect of the Court.

And you said that you weren't a numbers person! :D JK.
That's about the limit of my genius. :D

No seriously, I got to about fourth grade and beyond that, with maths, it's all incomprehensible to me. I had undiagnosed learning disabilities which weren't recognised because I was 'smart' and I could read and write significantly above grade level. I didn't even graduate high school because I had a breakdown.

But even I can take eight away from twenty and know that that doesn't add up to the right number.

Lewis seems oddly firm about some things, eight years, LS not having a real degree, the circumstances of her childhood, and vague or claiming no memory of others. And I can't just put it down to age. I think she genuinely didn't bother to review the vast majority of the material provided to her. She knew Gannon was stabbed, but was vague or unknowing about the rest. I think she skimmed a bit, and anything she didn't want to look too hard at, she put aside. And that is the opposite of the scientific method.

MOO

OMG this doctor… refuses to consider that Letecia may have formed an intent to kill when she stabbed Gannon. Compares it to a repetitive act like buttoning and unbuttoning a coat.

I’ve stopped considering she may just be past her prime- I now believe she’s out and out lying to defend a bogus diagnosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71