VERDICT WATCH CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my experience of serving on a jury the first thing to happen will be a lot of OMG's and can you believe this ****** comments. Then after everyone has had a chance to let out all the pent up emotion they will do a quick vote of guilty.

Then they will feel its too soon so they'll discuss all the crazy details again and when they feel enough time has gone by they'll submit the verdict. I think within two hours.
You have nailed it. I too served as a juror on a triple murder and rape trial where two victims were toddlers and one victim the mother. It was really the paperwork that took so long. Foreperson has to check all the right boxes and sign.

My guess would be she drugged him after she burned him the night before.
Likely to knock him out and shut him up, since he was likely in a heck of a lot of pain.
Then likely drugged him again in the morning.
It's possible she dosed him twice. He would have had to have a dose some time after midnight, since the ME said it would have most likely been out of his system in twelve hours, and he was killed midafternoon.

MOO

When talking about the definition of insanity, Young said, “These words mean a lot. This is not something you’re going to find in the DSM5… This is a legal definition of insanity… The law presumes everybody to be sane.”

Young asked, so what does insanity mean? She was so diseased or defective in mind, she couldn’t distinguish right from wrong. But “If you lost your temper, you don’t get to claim insanity.”

Young goes over the legal definition of insanity: “Mental disease or defect means only those “severely abnormal mental conditions that grossly and demonstrably impair a persons perception or understanding of reality.”

“Do you think Harley might notice she might have a grossly and demonstrably mental condition?... Do you think Al stauch might have noticed for it to be grossly and demonstrably… What about her brother? Dakota Lowery? You think he might have noticed it," said Young.

Mental disease or defect defined on screen: a severely abnormal mental condition that grossly and demonstrably impairs a person's perception or understanding or reality and it can't be not attributable to the voluntary ingestion of alcohol or any other psychoactive substance.

Young states that Letecia's daughter Harley and husband at the time Al would have noticed/known if she had a "grossly impaired perception of reality.”

Young: "If she was experiencing psychosis of December of 2019, the doctor would have had an obligation to admit her...it's not there.”

When psychologist talks with Letecia after Gannon's body was found, Young points out that Letecia says she wasn't in Florida, not that "Maria did it" or anything about having multiple personality disorder.

Young said, Stauch said, ‘I’ve got bipolar disorder. I’m a manic depressant. I ramble. I’m a manic depression, that’s my mental illness.’ Nothing about dissociative identity disorder, which according to Dr. Lewis she’s had since a very young age. Nothing about Maria Sanchez.”

Young said, Stauch said, ‘I’ve got bipolar disorder. I’m a manic depressant. I ramble. I’m a manic depression, that’s my mental illness.’ Nothing about dissociative identity disorder, which according to Dr. Lewis she’s had since a very young age. Nothing about Maria Sanchez.”

I am scarred for life after watching the Casey Anthony trial and verdict. I pray to God these jurors have common sense and Gannon gets justice.
The Casey Anthony verdict was the worst outcome possible for that case, but IMO, the prosecution didn’t really have a smoking gun in that one. I think most reasonable people (myself included) believe Casey is full of s**t with all the claims about her dad’s involvement and know she did something to Caylee. But unfortunately without a cause of death or a confession, there was enough room for doubt that I understand why the jury made the decision they did. (Can’t imagine that it was an easy one)

Leticia, on the other hand..oof. I can’t imagine any reasonable person doubting her guilt with all the evidence against her. Prosecution had multiple smoking guns, not just one. CA managed to get herself a good defense team, but from my impression, LS’s defense team has only made her look even worse and they’ve been extremely unprofessional.

Maybe I’m being too optimistic but I have hope that there will be justice for Gannon.

(MOO)

His face barely moved, but I'm pretty sure Judge Werner was amused by Mr Young admitting reluctantly that he'd seen Twilight. :D

Of all the things we could have predicted would be in closing arguments... don't think any of us would have got that one.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member