CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seemed really strange to me that they randomly decided to announce that sentencing would be on the same day if the jury came to a verdict, as if that was a decision reached because they were getting close and now we have our confirmation.

I know the jury met on Friday for a few hours but this still feels like a pretty quick decision if it was a NGRI so I think we’re going to get justice for Gannon today. It’s going to be a nervy 15 minutes but surely this jury has seen sense! Desperately hoping for good news here.

Am I correct thinking that the worst case scenario is a hung jury? Where in the heck is @MassGuy
I’m not sure how announcing they are hung works actually, would they announce they have a verdict then say to the judge we are hung? Or would they send a note to him saying they can’t reach a verdict? If they were I think he would then give an Allen charge, send them to deliberate some more then announce a mistrial.

But I’m guessing as they’ve said verdict it means they’ve decided NGRI or guilty.

Oh my goodness!

I sat there yesterday and gave my boyfriend clear instructions that if I hadn't messaged him verdict by 8pm (our time) today, he had to ring me and talk me down as I would be fretting... THEY PUT A VERDICT IN AT 7:49pm!!!!

If guilty (it will be guilty) will sentencing be today??

Omg I'm gonna puke

VERDICT REACHED in Letecia Stauch trial. We’re expecting to hear the verdict in the next 30 minutes, along with any statements from family members (if they intended to do so) A press conference at the District Attorney’s office is expected this afternoon.

The jury deliberated for about 8 hours. They started deliberations at 1 p.m. on Friday. They resumed this morning at 9 a.m., and reached a verdict just before 1 p.m. today.

Am I correct thinking that the worst case scenario is a hung jury? Where in the heck is @MassGuy
If the jury was hung, then I feel confident the judge would require them to continue to deliberate at this point. They haven't been deliberating that long to be hung. I would think they'd have to come back to the court room and tell the judge they are hung then get instruction or something similar right?

I also can't imagine all 12 decided she was insane in such a short time. I'd think there have to be some that are so strongly for her not being insane, they'd continue to deliberate before caving at this point. 8 hours really isn't that long to discuss and try to move some who may not be set on one way or the other yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79