CO - Gym teacher accused of assaulting student who refused to stand for Pledge

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think folks are making quite a few assumptions here. As for as I know a teacher has been accused of assaulting a student. I'll wait for facts before bringing out the pitch fork and torches.

There's a lot we don't know. We have an accusation. The teacher has been put on paid leave pending an investigation. I would expect her to be put on leave that doesn't show or prove guilt imo.

We absolutely, unequivocally, without a doubt, do not know that the teacher assaulted the student unless someone is privy to inside information.

Truest posts in the thread. Staying out of this one until we know more.

<modsnip>

(ETA: I absolutely would agree that students have a right not to stand for the pledge. I also believe that a person is innocent until proven guilty.)

I'd say the truest post in this thread is the one that reiterates that students at this middle school can choose to sit or stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.

The second one would reiterate the legal definition of assault.

The third would reiterate this teacher hasn't been charged with a crime &#8212; police are investigating the allegations

The fourth truest post would be one that reiterates &#8212; again &#8212; that students at this middle school can choose to stand or sit during the Pledge.

#thankyougoodnight

:cheers:

Your posts were a breath of fresh air, Inthedetails.
There are approximately 60 posts I wanted to reply to but didn't ;-) ....because I am

A) Being good today

B) Highly medicated

C) Afraid of being put in time out, or

D) All of the above

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

no its not the same thing,

people know WHY they are standing, honor and pride for the country they live in,

most people who are kneeling have no clue why they are doing it, or what they are protesting against

That may very well be your opinion, but I tend to believe otherwise. And their reason may or may not be what I agree with, but they have that right. We are becoming so intolerant of others who may act or look different than what we believe to be right that it is hurting our society. That is my belief. Tolerance of differences needs to be a core element in our character.

All JMO, of course

Thread is closed.

Check back later.

Totally unacceptable. A 2 hour cleanup and 94 posts removed. That's 1/3 of the entire thread.

This thread will remain closed overnight so the morning Mods/Admin don't have the same problem. If Tricia wishes to reopen it for the night, that is her call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheeseghost22