CO - James Holmes Trial - *Closing Arguments* *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Stone ‏@astoneabcnews · 1m1 minute ago
2nd jury question in #theatershooting trial is jury asking for an index or guide to all the evidence. Judge says he can't accommodate

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
Judge is reading a proposed response to #theatershooting jury. "Unfortunately we cannot provide you a guide or index."

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 53s54 seconds ago
#theatershooting jury wanted a list of exhibits. The judge said they are unable to provide that

Nick Penzenstadler ‏@npenzenstadler · 1m1 minute ago
Jurors in #theatershooting trial asking for guide to evidence. Clearly they want to see exhibits... but there are 85,000 pages

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 51s51 seconds ago
“Unfortunately, they have to do it the hard way” #Theatershooting judge says about jury’s request for a guide.

Phil Tenser ‏@pstenser · 1m1 minute ago
#TheaterShooting jury’s instructions and NOW sample verdict forms published by the court. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-of-instructions-to-follow-while-deliberating …

Phil Tenser ‏@pstenser · 1m1 minute ago
“Unfortunately, they have to do it the hard way” #Theatershooting judge says about jury’s request for a guide.

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 1m1 minute ago
#TheaterShooting jury’s instructions and NOW sample verdict forms published by the court. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-of-instructions-to-follow-while-deliberating …
Samour: Any guide or index we might provide would include descriptions. Judge says there might be disagreement. #theatershooting

I remember hearing the judge say that a while back- anyone know why they can't have a guide to the exhibits?

I've always wondered why courts don't provide an index for the evidence. Juries frequently ask for one.

My cable service is intermittent today. Typing fast before we loose connection again. Comcast always blames the heat....sure, sure.

Whoops, forgot to say "good morning WS Friends" Praying verdict doesn't come in while internet is down. When we have outages here, I loose phone, tv and internet. Makes me crazy!! $$%%^&(*

Julie Hayden ‏@HaydenTV · 1m1 minute ago
Jurors ask for some kind of guide to the thousands of pieces of evidence. #theatershooting

Julie Hayden ‏@HaydenTV · 49s49 seconds ago
There is no evidence guide and judge says "they will just have to struggle thru." #theatershooting

Attorneys agree with judge's response. Court is in recess. #theatershooting

In the charges there is:

1st degree murder with intent

1st degree murder extreme indifference

Does the the first count mean JH knew he would kill that particular person or that he had intent to kill anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember hearing the judge say that a while back- anyone know why they can't have a guide to the exhibits?

I think it relates to how each side refers to each exhibit...I personally can't figure out the debate just me

I've always wondered why courts don't provide an index for the evidence. Juries frequently ask for one.

My cable service is intermittent today. Typing fast before we loose connection again. Comcast always blames the heat....sure, sure.

Whoops, forgot to say "good morning WS Friends" Praying verdict doesn't come in while internet is down. When we have outages here, I loose phone, tv and internet. Makes me crazy!! $$%%^&(*

heat does effect computers---that's why my garage has air conditioning and the rest of the house has none......
Bunny doesn't like heat so she gets her cage in the garage to keep her comfy....

I think it relates to how each side refers to each exhibit...I personally can't figure out the debate just me

I think this will waste a lot of jury time. Having to search out the exhibit they want might take a while. It would have been easier for there to be a system in place where evidence is catalogued and organised.

In the charges there is:

Does the the first count mean JH knew he would kill that particular person or that he had intent to kill anyone?

I would think that would be it

Oh please! With today's technology, there should be no problem at all indexing the evidence. Courts are understaffed I think.

Nathan Koppel ‏@nathankoppel · 2m2 minutes ago
Jury in James Holmes, #theatershooting trial asked for an index to help them sort through the evidence more easily.Judge denied the request.

This happened during the jury deliberations for the Arias trial, also. They asked for a guide or something to help them find evidence.....Sherry said no. I think at that point, they all just gave up and stealth juror won. Seems this could take weeks if the jury has to sift through 85, 000 pages every time they want to see something!

The #theatershooting court has released sample verdict forms. See at: http://dpo.st/1HxTNyF

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 39s39 seconds ago
A sample of 1 of the 165 verdict forms #theatershooting jury has to fill out (it's 18 pages): http://link.kdvr.com/1Lj43zj

croakerqueen123 ‏@croakerqueen · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting #theatertrial - Jury Question # 2: http://youtu.be/gvQ9vmOsoUE?a
bbm

In the charges there is:

In reading the verdict forms, zoey posted link above- Count 1- murder in 1st degree After Deliberation- Count 2- Extreme indifference

I would think that would be it

The sample forms say:

Murder in the first degree - after deliberation
Murder in the first degree - extreme indifference
Attempt to commit Murder in the first degree - after deliberation
Attempt to commit Murder in the first degree - extreme indifference

So the first 24 counts are for the deceased and the next 116 are for the injured.

Deliberation and Premeditation
Whether a killer acted with the deliberation and premeditation required for first degree murder can only be determined on a case by case basis. The need for deliberation and premeditation does not mean that the perpetrator must contemplate at length or plan far ahead of the murder. Time enough to form the conscious intent to kill and then act on it after enough time for a reasonable person to second guess the decision typically suffices. While this can happen very quickly, deliberation and premeditation must occur before, and not at the same time as, the act of killing. - See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/first-degree-murder-overview.html#sthash.ZKvrg9Zt.dpuf

Hope that helps.

ETA: I meant to quote Maisie. Not sure what happened.

I hate verdict watch---especially when its so obvious.....:blushing:

So very obvious...

Sheesh. The jury foreman is going to need a day just to sign all of those forms. Hopefully, they have already started on that task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove