CO - James Holmes Trial - *Closing Arguments* *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 37s37 seconds ago
Jurors say they will deliberate from 8:15 a.m. til 4:30 p.m. daily until a verdict is reached. But no deliberations Friday. #theatershooting

Hello everyone! I'm feeling a bit better today. Well until I take my meds again lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just about to ask you how you are feeling. New meds can be tricky!!!! Take care of yourself!

My hands have been swollen lately and I haven't been able to wear my wedding rings. I bought this from QVC to wear till they go down. It's so pretty!

I *may* have bought this while Mr King was droning on :D ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437057771.946492.jpg

I was just about to ask you how you are feeling. New meds can be tricky!!!! Take care of yourself!

Thank you! I will be fine. I just need to get used to them. I woke up through the night feeling very icky!

Thanks again everyone for sharing your stories. So, I have a small story. My 1st husband had bi-polar. I was 22 when I first got married & it only lasted 3 yrs. From my experience & what others have shared- the 'break' seems to be sudden & events escalate quickly. So, whatever they do at the time of the 'break', in my husband's case, it was due to meds, they didn't have months of planning about what they're going to do at the time of the 'break'. This is very different than the shooters case.
He had 3 of these, while I was with him & several from high school up to when we married. He would start by saying things indicating he was paranoid about something, a delusion? Usually he was hospitalized within a day or 2 from this.

So I guess, relating this to jh - is it possible to be in a delusion for months? Not from our experiences. Make elaborate plans of mass murder, detailing it in a notebook, buying guns & practice at a shooting range 5 times, set up explosives in the apt., etc. during that delusion then plan to have a 'break' on an exact, preplanned date, July 20?

I don't care how high the shooters IQ is & 119 is not that high, no matter what Gur says- the IQ did not allow him to live in a delusional state for months & show no signs to people that were around him, then make such intricate plans. The delusion does not allow one to be so detailed.

I've read several cases of people that were schizophrenic & quite soon, within days, picked up whatever weapon was around & killed their family. That would be how a 'break' works. Like they didn't make a plan to buy a weapon & practice with it first. Not to plan the murder 3 months of a 'set' planned date.

Just some thoughts. I hope there are some on the jury that share their experiences like we did here.

My hands have been swollen lately and I haven't been able to wear my wedding rings. I bought this from QVC to wear till they go down. It's so pretty!

I *may* have bought this while Mr King was droning on :D View attachment 78238

it is pretty---Well when you husband questions you re-play Mr. King and he will understand

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
The Aurora #theatershooting jurors include a grandmother, a store manager and a Columbine High School survivor. http://dpo.st/1fKutPh

Good Thursday Morning Little Peeps!! Will this be The Day??

Here's a Court Chatter link for their streaming coverage. I have found them to be a good source for streaming. They have archives of the trial and they update the archives frequently -- same day.

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!james-holmes-trial-stream-1/cmus

Justice for the victims and their loved ones.

Oh my gosh been playing catch up forever and I'm finally caught up! Broke my foot(again) and everything takes me so much longer to do that by the time I finish my chores, new things need to be taken care of and by the time the evening is here I am worn out! Decided this morning I was just going to not do anything until I caught up!

Is it safe to assume that once the insanity issue is decided upon by the jury, and they reach a decision for one of each murdered victim and one surviving victim it will just be a matter of filling out forms?

Thanks again everyone for sharing your stories. So, I have a small story. My 1st husband had bi-polar. I was 22 when I first got married & it only lasted 3 yrs. From my experience & what others have shared- the 'break' seems to be sudden & events escalate quickly. So, whatever they do at the time of the 'break', in my husband's case, it was due to meds, they didn't have months of planning about what they're going to do at the time of the 'break'. This is very different than the shooters case.
He had 3 of these, while I was with him & several from high school up to when we married. He would start by saying things indicating he was paranoid about something, a delusion? Usually he was hospitalized within a day or 2 from this.

So I guess, relating this to jh - is it possible to be in a delusion for months? Not from our experiences. Make elaborate plans of mass murder, detailing it in a notebook, buying guns & practice at a shooting range 5 times, set up explosives in the apt., etc. during that delusion then plan to have a 'break' on an exact, preplanned date, July 20?

I don't care how high the shooters IQ is & 119 is not that high, no matter what Gur says- the IQ did not allow him to live in a delusional state for months & show no signs to people that were around him, then make such intricate plans. The delusion does not allow one to be so detailed.

I've read several cases of people that were schizophrenic & quite soon, within days, picked up whatever weapon was around & killed their family. That would be how a 'break' works. Like they didn't make a plan to buy a weapon & practice with it first. Not to plan the murder 3 months of a 'set' planned date.

Just some thoughts. I hope there are some on the jury that share their experiences like we did here.

Thank you for sharing your story. I can imagine it was very stressful for you to live that way. It does help me to understand the idea of a psychotic break and delusions. I don't believe the defence case at all and I will be very disappointed if the jury say he is NGRI.

it is pretty---Well when you husband questions you re-play Mr. King and he will understand

Lol! He will agree to anything if I do that! Actually, I might keep that video as back up in case I ever want to buy something else :D

Oh my gosh been playing catch up forever and I'm finally caught up! Broke my foot(again) and everything takes me so much longer to do that by the time I finish my chores, new things need to be taken care of and by the time the evening is here I am worn out! Decided this morning I was just going to not do anything until I caught up!

Is it safe to assume that once the insanity issue is decided upon by the jury, and they reach a decision for one of each murdered victim and one surviving victim it will just be a matter of filling out forms?

I think so. I hope so! I really feel for the families who are waiting anxiously for the jury to come back.

Sorry to hear about your foot! I broke my wrist a few years ago and it was so annoying not being able to do much! Just sit with your foot up and verdict watch with us :)

I think so. I hope so! I really feel for the families who are waiting anxiously for the jury to come back.

Sorry to hear about your foot! I broke my wrist a few years ago and it was so annoying not being able to do much! Just sit with your foot up and verdict watch with us :)

Yes broken bones are so annoying! I just broke this foot in sept/oct when I rolled it. That was a lot worse because I was on crutches before getting a boot. This time I dropped a new box of those pod detergent things on my bare foot and fractured two bones on the top. The pain isn't awful, but trying to keep up with my 2.5 year old with this heavy boot on is! Thinking about putting her in daycare until my foots healed LOL. But my minor injuries make me think about what all the survivors went through. How each injury and surgery took so much time from them, not to mention the emotional toll and just the complete disruption of living normally. I really feel for each one, especially the ones now whose new normal is so different for them.

Hi Friends! Glad everyone is here to wait with us.
I would be surprised it we got a verdict today. I know sometimes we get them before a weekend but also, I've seen where they do take a break & come back with a verdict. It may be Monday, but if there's someone holding out, it may be awhile.
Glad to see you back & well Maisie! :loveyou: I love your ring! It is similar to the Princess Diana engagement ring. I got a similar one to that, a teardrop ruby years ago.

Yes broken bones are so annoying! I just broke this foot in sept/oct when I rolled it. That was a lot worse because I was on crutches before getting a boot. This time I dropped a new box of those pod detergent things on my bare foot and fractured two bones on the top. The pain isn't awful, but trying to keep up with my 2.5 year old with this heavy boot on is! Thinking about putting her in daycare until my foots healed LOL. But my minor injuries make me think about what all the survivors went through. How each injury and surgery took so much time from them, not to mention the emotional toll and just the complete disruption of living normally. I really feel for each one, especially the ones now whose new normal is so different for them.

My nana once dropped an antique Singer sewing machine on her foot. She was in so much pain. We need our feet! Especially when chasing toddlers around!

Your point about the victims is so true. They went through the agony of physical injuries as well as the emotional trauma. I can't imagine how terrible that was for them. And their families and friends. It's just horrible and I really hope they can find some closure when this trial is over.

Hi Friends! Glad everyone is here to wait with us.
I would be surprised it we got a verdict today. I know sometimes we get them before a weekend but also, I've seen where they do take a break & come back with a verdict. It may be Monday, but if there's someone holding out, it may be awhile.
Glad to see you back & well Maisie! :loveyou: I love your ring! It is similar to the Princess Diana engagement ring. I got a similar one to that, a teardrop ruby years ago.

Thank you! I would love a ruby! This ring was only £25! ($39!) It will keep me going till I can get my other rings on!

Big fat fingers!

(Sorry for being totally off topic)

I wonder how many jury questions we will have today.

I am staying near Twitter all day so I don't miss anything!

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 2m2 minutes ago
What do the #TheaterShooting jury’s questions reveal about their deliberations? Answer: Scrutiny for expert doctors. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/movie-theater

We can only guess - but for sure, one of the first exhibits they were looking for the reports of the doctors. The main question of insanity, is in the reports. 2 say sane- 2 say insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman