CO - James Holmes Trial - *Closing Arguments* *Verdict Watch*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to get the court to address the defendant by his real name. (I'm trying not to use his name at all, not even his initials).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am as well---I'm going either with "shooter" or "gunman" but then again Mr. King HATED him referred to "that man"...

I changed to one of the links on The Trial Diaries. It's working ok :)

I am as well---I'm going either with "shooter" or "gunman" but then again Mr. King HATED him referred to "that man"...

He did. But anything is better than notoriety for the shooter. In my opinion of course.

Well, now I'm wondering just what mitigating witnesses def. actually has...parent's..he was a good boy..but had issues etc..then 5th grade teacher..repeating was a good student..just very quiet.

I wonder if they will bring in a neighbour who had their dog walked by him and was very responsible..but was very quiet etc...I am wondering why most of their mitigating witnesses chose to go on vacation to avoid appearing at all??

I changed to one of the links on The Trial Diaries. It's working ok :)

Me too! Same link! HAHAHAHA
This little group seems to think alike, and becoming one mind! LOL, I love it!

Well, now I'm wondering just what mitigating witnesses def. actually has...parent's..he was a good boy..but had issues etc..then 5th grade teacher..repeating was a good student..just very quiet.

I wonder if they will bring in a neighbour who had their dog walked by him and was very responsible..but was very quiet etc...I am wondering why most of their mitigating witnesses chose to go on vacation to avoid appearing at all??

I don't know what these witnesses can say. That they love him and don't want him to die? I can understand that. But to bring people who haven't seen him for many years seems unlikely to sway the jury.

It's clear the jury don't believe he was insane so that can't be a factor in determining sentencing can it?

Ms. Brady listed about 8 witnesses on Thurs. five of which had scheduling conflicts. See questioning that, LOL, but the butterfly guy was, I believe a roommate in undergrad years. So, they must be going thru the years. preschool, elementary, jr. high, high school, etc. friends, teacher, supermarket cashier, his barber, yes, that dog walker too! LOL :laughing:

Funny all these people to testify for him, but for me, if I was a juror, not one would weigh much mitigation for me - unless he stands up for himself!!!! IMO

AuroraShootingTrial ‏@Aurora_Sentinel · 9m9 minutes ago
PERRY: 3 YEARS AFTER - #Aurora #theatershooting verdict delivers nothing to ease the pain http://bit.ly/1HL12mR #copolitics #LoveToAurora

Would anyone here be able to sentence him to death if you were on the jury?

You don't have to answer. I'm just curious. I don't think I could. We don't have the DP here so it's not something I'm used to or think much about.

LOL! the host on Denver channel said we are waiting for court to restart & are playing clips from Thurs. Little to they know, court is still going on...

shouldn't we be watching a deposition?????
I'm tired of Ms. Nelson trying to portray the shooter as a fine upstanding person

It is really coming across that Ms. Nelson wants to re-write the standard instructions...The more she can say "Moral's the better..the more she says something she hopes to subliminally suggest LWOP versus DP!

Off to their lunch..Should be back in an hour or so...

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 8m8 minutes ago
After weeks of swiveling and staring, the #theatershooting gunman seems more attentive in court - http://bit.ly/1ecgSOZ via @AnicaPadilla

It is really coming across that Ms. Nelson wants to re-write the standard instructions...The more she can say "Moral's the better..the more she says something she hopes to subliminally suggest LWOP versus DP!

Off to their lunch..Should be back in an hour or so...

If the shooter gets LWOP it will be considered a "win-win" for them---DP total loss

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 8m8 minutes ago
After weeks of swiveling and staring, the #theatershooting gunman seems more attentive in court - http://bit.ly/1ecgSOZ via @AnicaPadilla

Ohhh..I would say he has always been attentive..BUT now he is showing he is also engaged..Not some numb man sitting there breathing room air Oxygen...I noticed the guard that sits in the lane between the def. and pros. tables didn't take his eyes off of him..having his hands out of his pocket..he could very well take a pen and stab one of his lawyers...wouldn't be the first time that's been tried...LOL

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 17m17 minutes ago
JH 5th grade teacher's deposition is scheduled for 2pm MDT. It will be live streamed. #theatershooting http://www.courtchatter.com/#!james-holmes-trial-stream-1/cmus …

(MOO--this has got to be better than Ms Nelson :( )
It shouldn't take long tho..What can they say after decades of dealing with him?

Thank goodness Mr. King won't be asking the questions or it could take ALL afternoon!! Ohhh wait..Maybe Mr. King may turn up ....Ohhh Pleeze NO!!

We are back Live folks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member