CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 56s57 seconds ago
Aurora #theatershooting gunman told his psychiatrist: "You can't kill everyone." Key testimony today. http://dpo.st/1GVw4x9

I don't think Lynne Fenton asked enough questions. She seemed to assume a lot rather than clarify. We have to remember that she is being sued by one of the victim's family so she isn't going to tell the whole truth. That's just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However, we now know that the brother/sister relationship was strained....:thinking:

The Gold Patrol ® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 2m2 minutes ago
#theatershooting trial should be resuming shortly. Dr Fenton will continue her testimony. Watch live at http://www.thegoldpatrol.com

I find Fenton evasive at times. Prolly due to her facing a lawsuit.
If I were one of the grieving families/persons I might consider such a suit. She decided not to call for a campus hold on him after learning he had withdrawn and I get that. So she figured he couldn't hurt anyone on campus? He still could have done so.
We know what he did and I would find it extremely difficult not to hold her somewhat accountable.
All in all psychiatry is not precise but had I been her and wielded the power as a psych dr to place a hold on him I would have done it.
The jury is listening and they probably don't think she is telling the whole truth either.
jmo

Aurora Theater Trial ‏@theatershooting · 1m1 minute ago
Psychiatrist who treated #theatershooting gunman recalls him saying solution to biological problem would be homicide http://dpo.st/1G01YTm

-------------------------------------
KDVR FOX31 Denver ‏@KDVR · 2m2 minutes ago
WATCH: Psychiatrist who treated shooter before attack on #theatershooting stand after lunch http://link.kdvr.com/1ekdsux

----------------------------------------
CMooreNews ‏@CMooreNewsNow · 1m1 minute ago
The #theatershooting court is back in session after lunch break. Jury is coming in now.

Is it possible what meds he did use actually help him lose some of his anxiety ( which was what the only thing that kept him from acting out his fantasy) then felt less anxious..and more free to go ahead to make plan..implement his mission??

Sorry for long question..just wondering if it was his med's affects that enabled to feel embolden so to speak.. There's no doubt he had felt hatred towards mankind..but his anxiousness and ability to know right from wrong kept him somewhat controlled. By reducing that..His true intentions got released..and his analytical mindset went to work on his mission! :thinking:

If the families of victims are suing Lynne Fenton and that case can't go to trial till this one finishes, how can she be relied upon to tell the absolute truth now? She isn't going to say anything that might come back to bite her later.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 57s57 seconds ago
The Aurora #theatershooting jury is back in session. Dr. Fenton is back on the witness stand

Is it possible what meds he did use actually help him lose some of his anxiety ( which was what the only thing that kept him from acting out his fantasy) then felt less anxious..and more free to go ahead to make plan..implement his mission??

Sorry for long question..just wondering if it was his med's affects that enabled to feel embolden so to speak.. There's no doubt he had felt hatred towards mankind..but his anxiousness and ability to know right from wrong kept him somewhat controlled. By reducing that..His true intentions got released..and his analytical mindset went to work on his mission! :thinking:

JH admitted that the antidepressant medication did take away the fear of committing the crime. He told Dr Reid.

The Gold Patrol ® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Fenton back on direct. Going back over potential stressors JH could have had as triggers
-------------------------------------------
June 11, 2012 Session with Dr. Fenton on #theatershooting stand said shooter was making hostile comments

-----------------------------------------
The Gold Patrol ® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 57s57 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Feelings about Fenton that JH had - Fenton mentioned JH was mentioning hostile comments. Feinstein asked if it may scare

----------The Gold Patrol ® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

JH said, “Well, Fenton is clearly afraid of me. thats why she asked you here to protect her. She locked door and had

--------------------
#theatershooting

“package behind her chair

-----------------------
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago
JH started to become hostile toward Dr's. Feinstein said to JH your comments might frighten other people #theatershooting #theatertrial

-----------------------
#theatershooting

JH had angry edge to his voice at that point according to Fenton

---------------------------------The Gold Patrol ® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

Locked door - sometimes the door coming in to the waiting room will lock without her doing it. JH tried to come in once

-----------------------------------------------
#theatershooting

When this happened

-------------------------------
#theatershooting

JH was angry about that

------------------------------------------
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
JH told Dr.Feinstein that Fenton was afraid of him and locked her office with a package behind her & he couldn't get in #theatershooting

------------------------------------
#theatershooting

She would bring stuff in for the day and thinks the stuff behind her chair was something of that nature

They recommended that JH come in for ongoing treatment. JH - insurance would expire. Fenton offered to see him for FREE
Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
JH at one point to Dr. Feinstein: "Well, Fenton is clearly afraid of me. That's why she asked you here: to protect her." #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
JH said he wasn't interested in continuing treatment once he dropped out of CU neuroscience grad school program. #theatershooting

--Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
Dr's recommended JH keep coming for therapy. JH says his insurance is expiring. Dr's say they would treat him for free #theatershooting

-----------------
Dr's recommended JH keep coming for therapy. JH says his insurance is expiring. Dr's say they would treat him for free #theatershooting

---The Gold Patrol ® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting

No difference in demeanor from 1st visit in March to June
Fenton knew nothing about his purchases. Never said he had a plan
-------------------------------------
Fenton: JH never mentioned that he had bought guns or gear, or had a plan for Aurora #theatershooting. Also never seemed depressed or manic

Fenton: JH never mentioned that he had bought guns or gear, or had a plan for Aurora #theatershooting. Also never seemed depressed or manic
---------------------------

---Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago

-------------------------------
CMooreNews ‏@CMooreNewsNow · 2m2 minutes ago
DA Brauchler: "Did he tell you he was hearing voices, or seeing things?" Dr. Fenton said NO #theatershooting trial

----Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
Fenton: JH never spoke of seeing odd shadows or delusions. Never spoke of concerns about physical appearance or catatonia. #theatershooting

-------------------------

JH admitted that the antidepressant medication did take away the fear of committing the crime. He told Dr Reid.

That would fit perfectly with the timeline of starting them (Zoloft) starting March 21st into late April early May with his sudden lashing out at Dr. Fenton...that he started initiating his planning, accumulations of his tools he wanted to implement it..lack of studying in order to work on his mission... It was mentioned meds could take up to 4-5 weeks to become affective.. :tantrum:

That would fit perfectly with the timeline of starting them (Zoloft) starting March 21st into late April early May with his sudden lashing out at Dr. Fenton...that he started initiating his planning, accumulations of his tools he wanted to implement it..lack of studying in order to work on his mission... It was mentioned meds could take up to 4-5 weeks to become affective.. :tantrum:

You are correct! I never looked at the timeline before.

#theatershooting

Fenton says JH never complained about the mental issues expressed in notebook and to Dr Reid.

------------------
#theatershooting

Fenton says JH never complained about the mental issues expressed in notebook and to Dr Reid.

--------------------------------------
#theatershooting

No shadows juggling, no flashes, body image issues, etc

#theatershooting

Fenton - the sense she had was he had a hatred of mankind

#theatershooting

Mental health hold - they need to have 2 things:

1. Evidence it’s not just a thought; a plan
2. Specific target

Brauchler: When JH walked out on June 11, could you have forced him into a hold? Fenton: No. He needed a plan, a target. #theatershooting

CMooreNews ‏@CMooreNewsNow · 2m2 minutes ago
DA Brauchler asked about many more syptms like catatonia, flashes of light, etc. Dr. Fenton told #theatershooting jury No
---------------------------------------------------
JH seemed to be functioning and making plans for the future. But Fenton still had concerns about his homicidal thoughts. #theatershooting

#theatershooting

Another mental health hold qualification

- Inability to care from himself due to severe mental illness

---------------------------------
#theatershooting

After he left that last visit, she had concerns about homicidal thoughts

---------------------------------------------
JH never admitted he had a plan and he was taking care of himself and functioning well #theatershooting #theatertrial

Of course jh never told Fenton he was purchasing weapons etc. Considering his state of mind he wouldn't have. He was a psychiatric patient and she would have been alarmed.
Clearly he had the plan but didn't tell her.
And she's addressing that he disclosed no plan or target.
I honestly don't think you have to have a specific target. Very vague.
I just don't think she should have held the position she did because I don't find her good at "reading" patients.
So she called BETA team for her to assess. Including background check. Slipped thru the cracks.
Red flags should have forced her hand in the way of caution I think.
jmo

The Gold Patrol ® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 58s59 seconds ago
#theatershooting

Steps taken:

-Called BETA team (Behavioral Threat) to gather more info - background chk, Weapon permit, combat exp
Checks also for altercations. JH had no issues. She kept going
--------------------------------------------
Fenton had concerns about JH's homicidal thoughts and she called in a team of campus officials #theatershooting #theatertrial

#theatershooting After the last visit with the Dr., she had concerns about shooters homicidal thoughts

----------------------------------

#theatershooting

Steps taken:

- Timeline of mental health.Potential psychotic break Called JH mother to talk about history

#theatershooting

Steps taken:

- Timeline of mental health.Potential psychotic break Called JH mother to talk about history

croakerqueen123 ‏@croakerqueen · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting #theatertrial - Day 32 - Part 2: http://youtu.be/gYqmTRF4XmQ?a
bbm

Fenton then reached out to JH's mother. Trying to figure out: Had his behavior changed recently? #theatershooting

----------------------------------------
Fenton spoke to head of neuroscience and spoke to people familiar with JH #theatershooting #theatertrial

----------------------------------
#theatershooting

After talking to several people, she didn’t hear anything raising concern. More reassured this was normal for him

#theatershooting

After talking to several people, she didn’t hear anything raising concern. More reassured this was normal for him

The Professors said his behavior hadn't changed and so Fenton felt confident this wasn't new #theatershooting #theatertrial

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 55s56 seconds ago
JH wouldn't give Dr's permission to speak to his mom but Fenton did it anyway #theatershooting #theatertrial

------------------------------
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 55s56 seconds ago
JH wouldn't give Dr's permission to speak to his mom but Fenton did it anyway #theatershooting #theatertrial

Will check in later but I believe his target was spelled out: mankind.
Duh! The defense may have a decent cross of Fenton.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members