CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms Higgs acts like she is about to make a massive point and then doesn't. I feel almost let down. She is building me up for nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep losing my concentration---this is just getting looooooonnnnnnngggggggg

SLAM! I had thought that it WAS a Hippa viololation with Dr. Fenton by the question that was asked/answered the other day. I was concerned, not for this trial, but for the Dr. that she did a violation in calling his mom. This witness just clarified it was NOT a Hippa violation. I'm surprised that it is not, but interesting that THIS atty brought out that clarification.

Let me know if I am incorrect in my thinking.
I'd like more info on this as well. I am guessing it is allowed because she was determining whether or not he was a threat to himself or others. Same with the crisis team. Still, questionable in my opinion. If I were to ever tell a family member of a patient's AIDS diagnosis without his consent, I'd probably lose my license. Regardless of the circumstances.

On the News7 blog--survey of hurting or helping---67% hurting......

I'd like more info on this as well. I am guessing it is allowed because she was determining whether or not he was a threat to himself or others. Same with the crisis team. Still, questionable in my opinion. If I were to ever tell a family member of a patient's AIDS diagnosis without his consent, I'd probably lose my license. Regardless of the circumstances.

With my mom it was hard and I was her medical POA---and she couldn't remember anything to a point--I could barely schedule a psych appointment--crazy. It is hard to get anyone to release anything
And my recent bout with HIPPA in Sept. was a no go....

SLAM! I had thought that it WAS a Hippa viololation with Dr. Fenton by the question that was asked/answered the other day. I was concerned, not for this trial, but for the Dr. that she did a violation in calling his mom. This witness just clarified it was NOT a Hippa violation. I'm surprised that it is not, but interesting that THIS atty brought out that clarification.

Let me know if I am incorrect in my thinking.

I also thought it was implied to be a HIPPA violation for Fenton to contact his mom. But the only questions I actually remember being asked about HIPPA were in redirect, when she was asked if it was a violation for her to continue to contact, email, call, etc. the patient, after he has told her he did not want to continue as her patient. I believe it was, but she wasn't sure (which struck me as funny).
I don't really know what the law states, but Feinstein seemed pretty sure it wasn't a HIPPA violation, and I'm thinking the defense wouldn't have let it go without a following up. JMO, MOO, etc.

Ms Higgs is acting because she knows she is on camera. She thinks she is in a courtroom drama!

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 6m6 minutes ago
Now talking about "sheeple." Was it your interpretation, sheep and people? Feinstein: Yes. #theatershooting

Hsing Tseng ‏@HsingTseng · 2m2 minutes ago
Feinstein didn't call/email JH to follow-up. He says that was Fenton's job and he trusted her. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
Under questioning from Higgs, Feinstein says he thought JH might be in the long-term process of having a breakdown. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 55s56 seconds ago
Feinstein believed that JH still had homicidal thoughts, but JH was non-responsive about time, target, place, person. #theatershooting

Ms Higgs reminds me of myself when I'm about to have a panic attack. I'm being serious here. She looks a bit unsettled.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 45s45 seconds ago
Higgs: He didn't deny. There were just blank stares? Feinstein: He didn't say no, but he didn't say yes. #theatershooting

Ms Higgs reminds me of myself when I'm about to have a panic attack. I'm being serious here. She looks a bit unsettled.

I swear half of these defense attorneys are all waiting for that Perry Mason AhhhHa moment----never happens and they get upset....She wants something but is starting to bore me

I also thought it was implied to be a HIPPA violation for Fenton to contact his mom. But the only questions I actually remember being asked about HIPPA were in redirect, when she was asked if it was a violation for her to continue to contact, email, call, etc. the patient, after he has told her he did not want to continue as her patient. I believe it was, but she wasn't sure (which struck me as funny).
I don't really know what the law states, but Feinstein seemed pretty sure it wasn't a HIPPA violation, and I'm thinking the defense wouldn't have let it go without a following up. JMO, MOO, etc.

Everything I know about HIPPA I think violation--but then again what do I know. :thinking:

I am starting to hate Higgs as much as I hate Holmes.

her & her "YOOOOU", she doing that for drama for the jury. to make it sound more important than it is. IMO

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
Higgs: You told him you were worried? Feinstein: We had no doubt he was withholding information, but we didn't know what. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 33s33 seconds ago
Feinstein: JH gave blank stare when asked about homicidal thoughts. One of many topics he didn't want to discuss. #theatershooting

I swear half of these defense attorneys are all waiting for that Perry Mason AhhhHa moment----never happens and they get upset....She wants something but is starting to bore me

I keep thinking she is about to get some great big point but then it fizzles out like a damp firework.

I am starting to hate Higgs as much as I hate Holmes.

Isn't she repeating herself now? Hasn't she already asked and answered some of these already????? If she asks "How does it feel...."

I keep thinking she is about to get some great big point but then it fizzles out like a damp firework.

I waiting for the same---this is getting old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads