CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
its okay---some of us questioned suicide by cardboard as well....such an odd instrument

How old was he then? I was thinking he might have made a knife by cutting one out after drawing an image of one on a cardboard box or something, and then tried to "saw" his neck, etc. A child would do this, but surely a 14 y/o would not have...

How old was he then? I was thinking he might have made a knife by cutting one out after drawing an image of one on a cardboard box or something, and then tried to "saw" his neck, etc. A child would do this, but surely a 14 y/o would not have...
I don't remember his age but, I think it was after his family moved. Remember, he was upset about the move? Then they went to family counseling? He was over 10 at the time of counseling.

Apparently he was 11 when he said he attempted to kill himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wonder if he followed JA and used her card board cutting story. I never would think card board could cut other then a paper type cut. He did Google illnesses, did he not? So he may have read high profile cases.

IIRC it was a razor for Jodi...

Ok, I am back, I am fed and behaving more mature now. Gave myself a mini-time-out.

IIRC it was a razor for Jodi...

Okay, but who else tried card board....I know I read someone else tried card board.....and it was not JH....someone else. That will bug me until I remember who....thanks. Need to go to thinking room.

Okay, but who else tried card board....I know I read someone else tried card board.....and it was not JH....someone else. That will bug me until I remember who....thanks. Need to go to thinking room.

Maybe Google suicide by cardboard?

Has the DT scored any points with this witness?

I think this witness does know his stuff. I just think he's going to make much of JH's mental illness which isn't really in dispute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry as I haven't been able to post much..but listening to this testimony by Dr. Woodcock.....I'm not seeing anything he has said points to JH NOT capable of understanding right from wrong...Sure he's MI...But was maybe too smart to NOT understand his actions against Social norms..thus hid, denied and diverted whatever his plan's entailed..including understanding that he better not hit that old lady, speed on his way to theatre because He would be stopped from carrying out his massacre and collecting points SMH

BTW~~ Did I read somewhere this guy only spent a few hours with JH?

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 12m12 minutes ago
JH spoke to Woodcock about sleeping a lot, periods of catatonia. This can happen during periods of severe depression. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 8m8 minutes ago
Woodcock: JH said he felt "speeded up" on the anti-depressants. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 8m8 minutes ago
Woodcock: He had an illness that was unstable and was going to be hard to treat. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 8m8 minutes ago
A bit contrary 2 what #theatershooting def. said in openings, Woodcock says he thinks Holmes had schizoaffective disorder, not schizophrenia

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
Woodcock says he believes the university psychiatrists were most concerned about the violent thoughts that JH had shared. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
JH reported to Woodcock that he sometimes heard a ringing in his ears, but he didn't hear voices. #theatershooting

"Does Mr. Holmes have a mild form of a mental illness or not?" "No, neither his delusions nor the degree of his mental illness are mild" 7news

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 37s38 seconds ago
Woodcock says neither JH's delusions nor mental illness are mild. #theatershooting

Sorry as I haven't been able to post much..but listening to this testimony by Dr. Woodcock.....I'm not seeing anything he has said points to JH NOT capable of understanding right from wrong...Sure he's MI...But was maybe too smart to NOT understand his actions against Social norms..thus hid, denied and diverted whatever his plan's entailed..including understanding that he better not hit that old lady, speed on his way to theatre because He would be stopped from carrying out his massacre and collecting points SMH

BTW~~ Did I read somewhere this guy only spent a few hours with JH?

Hi LyndyLoo, wondering where you were.
This doc spent 2 hours with him on 7/24/12. He was there by request from defense only to examine to determine if he was able to stand trial. I don't know how he got all this BS he's spewing on the stand right now unless he visited him more over time. He made a lot of conclusions in 2 hours.

I'm still wondering how THIS witness is helping defence?????? So far this Dr. is actually helping the FACT required..JH Knows right from wrong which is actually THE POINT when it comes to Colorado LAW to prove Sanity???? I can't wait for Cross on this witness.

LOL I'm delusional too..because as I know I'm old..I still think I can go outside, and cut down that nasty tree in my backyard ( even tho I know physically impossible)..I may give it a try...and end up hurting myself trying...Yikes..Could I be thrown into some sort of Dementia ward because I entertained such a delusional ideation??? :blushing:

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 6m6 minutes ago
Woodcock says he's sure JH had severe mental illness and a severe psychosis. Schizoaffective disorder was No. 1 diagnosis. #theatershooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member