CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, What I guess I am worried about is like maybe for just 1 or 2 of the victims that may have only been slightly injured.....like could the jury maybe try to say Not Guilty for just that 1 or 2 people because they werent hurt that bad.

I would have to go back through each victim to see if any of the charges fall into something like that.

I do agree that for most of the victims, it will not be a problem for the jury. Just worried about maybe 1 or 2 victims giving the jury confusion on what they are willing to conceded to.

I thought I read that any "guilty" will out weight NGRI---

I'm a few minute behind. They really asked for this???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 3m3 minutes ago
Defense makes another motion of acquittal. Judge denies the motion. Standard procedure in such trials. #theatershooting

Nelson is so awkward. Prosecution wanted to reconvene at 1 pm. She wants 9 am!

I bet she is thinking she will need the entire day to go over more issues then anyone thought there were!

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 3m3 minutes ago
Defense makes another motion of acquittal. Judge denies the motion. Standard procedure in such trials. #theatershooting

Why does she want an acquittal?

What are Phase 2 or 3

Maybe referring to sentencing phase for juror's to decide LWOP or Death..then actually Sentencing by JUDGE for whatever the jury decides....Just guessing..

Lets face it..Def. has already capitulated..that their client ( the defendant) DID this massacre..so their ONLY avenue was to claim Insanity...IF jury doesn't buy it..then Def. has to prove mitigating factors..BUT given his disassociation with people..Other than FAMILY who don't want their child/nephew/neighbour to sentenced to death..WHO else would mitigate..

From his own history he really has NO life expressions of doing anything other than for HIMSELF..He's doomed really IMO!!

Ah I see. I just remembered they already asked for it a while ago.

I'll check in later---off to water my vegies!!!

How many lawyers do you think will show up on Monday now? I think a few more then today!!!

Ah I see. I just remembered they already asked for it a while ago.

this was the 2nd one---guess they are just thinking the more they ask it won't be as humorous and perhaps the Judge will be tired and say sure....lol

How many lawyers do you think will show up on Monday now? I think a few more then today!!!

I really don't think a lot of them well---think it will be the skeleton crew again...

Is it just me or does the judge seem tired today. He seems to be ready for this to be over.

Okay....but so strange. He admitted to do 'murderering' so I cannot see it, but if it is 'done' always....okay.
TY

As has been said..Def. lawyer's always try to do this..But the Judge knows they have already admitted their client did the deed he is on trial for..so nothing more than pro-forma ..IF they don't could cause problems for THEM professionally!! It certainly has nothing to do with the case..but to cover their own ASShats LOL

Phase 2- mitigation - the poor jimmy witnesses
Phase 3 - Penalty - DP/LWOP

The Judge is really on top of things. If he has any questions, he defers to do research and just will not throw out any answer or make a decision. That is as fair as he can be. I do not see him as pro one side or the other at all. He is so patient with the defense and their nastiness...saying it nicely...yet, I can tell when he is upset with their antics. He holds his own.

I would like to see this Judge in action again. He has such control of his court room. I do not think the defense lawyers thought the Judge would be so GREAT! He is on top of everything!

Well, since the day is over until Monday and I really want to watch on Monday, I need to wipe down the kitchen cabinets, clean the stove etc. as the grandgirls are coming next Friday. It has been 9 months since we saw them....so excited to see the girls. They are 5 and 7. I just need to get everything cleaned this week end so I can be here next week.

I will watch to see if there is a phone alert text we can get when the jury has reached a verdict. I hope so. I wonder if Channel 7, I believe that is right, will do it. If anyone hears anything please post it. Maybe the mods can post it at the beginning of the new thread.

Wanted to add- it sounds like Nelson is preparing a dozy for mitigation-she wanted opening statements, & Judge told her 'not to reinvent the wheel'.
She stated, 'I will try to reinvent the wheel".

Phase 2- mitigation - the poor jimmy witnesses
Phase 3 - Penalty - DP/LWOP

Who, other the parents and sister (doubt) would speak for him? I am being honest, from what all the defense has said that JH has said.

Can JH get up at this time and 'talk'. I do not think it would go over real well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap