CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who, other the parents and sister (doubt) would speak for him? I am being honest, from what all the defense has said that JH has said.

Can JH get up at this time and 'talk'. I do not think it would go over real well.

BBM- Yes, he should & it's his right to 'allocate' but, I think it would be at sentencing. Please don't give me DP.

Totally off topic, but anyone who followed the JA trial might be interested in this article from Jen's Trial Diaries. She interviewed the foreman of the jury. I enjoyed seeing things from the jury's point of view. It also talks about that one 'difficult' juror.

You may have read this already - but if you haven't here it is:

http://thetrialdiaries.com/exclusivethe-foreman-from-the-jodi-arias-trial-speakshear-his-story/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was really insightful... thanks for sharing! :)

I've been around the Internet for years and years and I've never come across a forum that's so friendly. There hasn't been a single argument or any nastiness. We've discussed many topics with the utmost respect for other people's viewpoints.

We are awesome!!!

Unfortunately, not all of the threads on WS are as amicable as this one is but we have nothing but awesome people posting in here. It's been such a pleasure! ...and it's been a breath of fresh air to discuss the trial this entire time without having to skim over rude or offensive comments. :)

Even Baxter agrees...
d89c01c9c7718dbcdeba2dcbca850a75.jpg

I probably just need to relax and trust the jury that they will realize about the conflicting verdict thing.

I get so confused when trying to read jury instructions.

During the JA trial it was very confusing. In fact during the 1st JA trial, its one of the reasons the Penalty phase got hung.

The jury did not understand that by them not deciding it would be declared a mistrial. The stupid foreman mislead everyone and they thought the judge was going to decide the penalty for them.

Most of them did not realize that it meant a hung jury and the whole sentencing phase was going to have to be redone.

So juries can get confused. But hopefully with this NGRI case, I trust that they will ask questions if they need to if they get stuck about conflicting decisions for each victim and each charge.

Unfortunately, not all of the threads on WS are as amicable as this one is but we have nothing but awesome people posting in here. It's been such a pleasure! ...and it's been a breath of fresh air to discuss the trial this entire time without having to skim over rude or offensive comments. :)

Even Baxter agrees...

Baxter is so cute!!!!

The only other thread I've posted on here was the Oscar Pistorius trial. I mostly lurked though.

I struck gold with this thread :)

Baxter is so cute!!!!

The only other thread I've posted on here was the Oscar Pistorius trial. I mostly lurked though.

Thank you!! He's cute... but a spoiled brat!!

Baxter is so cute!!!!

I haven't posted in very many threads either, but there have been a number of heated arguments (or rude/offensive/combative comments made) in the numerous threads for Heather Elvis. (I frequently post there because it happened here---in Myrtle Beach---where I live.) & the Brittani Drexel threads too.

I've never seen such victim bashing. I'm SO glad WS doesn't put up with that mess and removes them... but you can't unread what you see before its caught by a mod, KWIM?

And, some of comments made in the Charleston Church Shooting thread (by incredibly ignorant individuals w/ a very narrow and stereotypical misunderstanding about the state of SC & the people who reside in the southern U.S., in general) were so hateful and disgusting that I had to remove myself.

Gonna sign off for now.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!

Thanks again for all the great posts!!!

I haven't posted in very many threads either, but there have been a number of heated arguments (or rude/offensive/combative comments made) in the numerous threads for Heather Elvis. (I frequently post there because it happened here---in Myrtle Beach---where I live.) & the Brittani Drexel threads too.

I've never seen such victim bashing. I'm SO glad WS doesn't put up with that mess and removes them... but you can't unread what you see before its caught by a mod, KWIM?

And, some of comments made in the Charleston Church Shooting thread (by incredibly ignorant individuals w/ a very narrow and stereotypical misunderstanding about the state of SC & the people who reside in the southern U.S., in general) were so hateful and disgusting that I had to remove myself.

I definitely wouldn't participate in a thread where there was bad behaviour. I made a decision a while ago that online forums shouldn't make me miserable and I stand by that. I'm sorry you've had to put up with seeing that and I'm glad you've felt happier here with us :)

Ok, didn't want to interrupt GB opening but,
they are back. Defense wants lesser included 2nd degree & manslaughter????????
Are they drunk? 2nd is no pre-med!!! manslaughter?? no way!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jury has 165 charges to decide on already.
Now, they will be added all the charges for 2nd degree & all the charges on manslaughter.

Wishin' & hopin' -- B.S.

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask...

Yes, it will. They had a big job already. Each murder victim has 2 counts, so they need a verdict on each of those 2 alone. 24 verdicts. Then the balance of the rest of the charges! Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It'll take 'em longer to fill out the verdict sheet than to come to verdict. Dayam.

I think the defense knows he is guilty and he was sane. They are just trying to defend him.

The defense tries to throw anything out there and see if it sticks.

Mr. Orman (sp?) is right, JH cannot be found sane on some charges and insane on other charges.

Defense would probably get more done if they were not so nasty
and yell. Does she have a chip on her shoulder? It sure sounds like it.

I think she's getting a bit carried away with herself -- she getting buzzed about being the most senior attorney on the defense team....

Even Baxter agrees...

I just want to thank all of you. I come later at night and get to read all your observations.
Love that I can go to Croakerqueen on you tube to catch up on live court. This has been one of the most pleasant boards to come to. The Jodi Arias board was great too. She sure kept us abreast of a different kind of life that's for sure. JH is well rather boring kinda a guy. So not quite so entertaining. The victims and survivors have been in my prayers as well as their families. JH is going to prison, his fantasy days are over. I love this Judge and the Prosecution.
I know everyone deserves a defense but why do they go and insult everyone's intelligence.
JH is like JA and OP, Players. Even A Hernandez trial was uneventful compared to these 3.
Anyway thanks again for a nice place to come to read after all My Kids leave at the end of the day.

It always annoys me that when the Judge is addressing the atty's they are talking or reading whatever---

Me, too. It's a matter of respect. A big deal, IMO. He is The Court!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap