CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing will help her, although it is nice thought. She has a chip on her shoulder.

I think she got all puffed up when she was given this part of the trial as her assignment -- Goody, goody! My time to shine and be noticed. Then she got a bit (!) carried away with herself, made some beginner mistakes and is embarrassed to death about it. She blew it and knew it.

Now she's trying to salvage something and making it worse. I wonder if this will be discussed with her later... with the 1st Chair Def. Atty. Ouchie, ouchie. She doesn't need a candy bar; she needs a stiff drink of Scotch. Or three. Pity, that... And the good Judge remains unruffled... he prolly could see it coming...

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
Orman again references "penultimate" in argument to judge over jury instructions. For those keeping track. #theatershooting

<giggle>

:D

Nelson is so awkward. Prosecution wanted to reconvene at 1 pm. She wants 9 am!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gee, she is so full of herself. Sit down, shut up, listen and learn. You ain't there yet, Kiddo.

JMHO.

Will C. Holden &#8207;@will_c_holden · 54s54 seconds ago
Before end of Trial Day 47, #theatershooting defense argues in favor of using Holmes' name rather than "defendant" in jury instructions.

Well they can try all they wish, but they will never be able to humanize the defendant.

Oh Boy. Im worried about this now.

I had forgotten they were going to come back this afternoon. And now I cant get trial to play again.
PC giving me trouble again.

From what I have read, this really scares me.

The jury instructions are very confusing as they are and I sure hope the jury doesnt get messed up and put out a conflicting verdict.

Im worried about the jury declaring Not Guilty for 1 or 2 of them and then saying Guilty for most of the others.

If there is any type of conflicting verdict this could give a reason to appeal.

I hope the PT is able to give in closing a good warning to the jury about having to stay consistent about this.

This has got me real worried now mainly because those instructions are always confusing to me on the jury instructions about the verdicts.

Its going to be much more confusing in this case.

Agreed. I've never seen a verdict sheet as complex as this is.

But they can ask questions, and if they don't get it done correctly, the judge will explain & send 'em back.

Yeah, What I guess I am worried about is like maybe for just 1 or 2 of the victims that may have only been slightly injured.....like could the jury maybe try to say Not Guilty for just that 1 or 2 people because they werent hurt that bad.

I would have to go back through each victim to see if any of the charges fall into something like that.

I do agree that for most of the victims, it will not be a problem for the jury. Just worried about maybe 1 or 2 victims giving the jury confusion on what they are willing to conceded to.

IMO
JH should be at least guilty of attempted murder of all of them even if nobody got hurt.

I don't see that as a possibility -- if you were shot or nicked or caught a little piece of shrapnel, you were physically hurt by him, and he meant to do it and more. If you were in the theater, you were merely just lucky not to have been killed or shot. He terrorized everyone in that room and listened to techno-rock (or whatevah) while he did it.

I can just see him at home, making his plans and writing & revising a list for this event. Smiling as he dotted his i's and crossed hit t's and checked off the items as he bought & received them. I can see his heart rate race in anticipation of the hell he planned to raise. How many times did he try on the protective gear he had ordered and bought -- just like a nice young man trying on a new tuxedo for the senior prom. How many times did he look at himself in the mirror in that evil covering? And the ammo belts and the cartridge magazines and the weapons. No little 22-caliber for him. He!!, no. Big weapons and big ammo and big plans. Going by the theater to pick the right one; deciding where he would park. His delight when he found just the right little gadget to prop the back door open.

He had to make sure he didn't drive too fast on the way -- can't let LE stop him for speeding or reckless although he could hardly wait to get there. And when he got there, he made himself wait some more so that the theater would be full, full, full. 400 points full.

No way there can be anyone not hurt that badly. He wouldn't dream of it.

JMHO

Anyone still here- Defense just asked for a mistrial/acquittal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

That's de rigueur -- they always do that. A matter of form and, um, you just might get lucky...

Here are my thoughts. If JH jumped up one day, grabbed a knife, ran outside and starting attacking people I would believe he might have had a psychotic break and could have been insane.

All the planning he went into while living a normal life (attending school, food shopping, visiting the gym, playing games with his friends, paying his bills etc) as well as buying guns, ammo, making bombs and body armour, tells me he was completed sane. There is nothing about his behaviour that tells me he was in any kind of psychotic episode.

Please jury, see through this so called defence!!

I wish I was able to watch the jury deliberations!

Hi Friends!
I was watching Death Row Stories on CNN last night. Guess who I saw? Our friend, Mr. Brauchler (sp)!!!!
It was the case of the guy that went into the Chuckie Cheese & shot 5 people, killing 4. It was interesting because only on appeal did they address mental issues, not in trial.

Hi Friends!
I was watching Death Row Stories on CNN last night. Guess who I saw? Our friend, Mr. Brauchler (sp)!!!!
It was the case of the guy that went into the Chuckie Cheese & shot 5 people, killing 4. It was interesting because only on appeal did they address mental issues, not in trial.

Aaah Gorgeous George :)

Here is an interesting article about GB:

"AURORA– In contrast to government officials asking for salary increases, 18th Judicial District Attorney-elect George Brauchler wants county commissioners in Arapahoe, Douglas, Elbert and Lincoln counties to cut $30,000 from his $160,000 salary.

Brauchler said he’d like to redirect the money to prosecuting James Holmes, who is charged with killing 12 people and wounding 58 others during themidnightshowing of “The Dark Knight Rises” in an Aurora theater on July 20, 2012."

http://thecoloradoobserver.com/2013/01/high-crimes-impact-da-public-defender-budgets/

Here are my thoughts. If JH jumped up one day, grabbed a knife, ran outside and starting attacking people I would believe he might have had a psychotic break and could have been insane.

All the planning he went into while living a normal life (attending school, food shopping, visiting the gym, playing games with his friends, paying his bills etc) as well as buying guns, ammo, making bombs and body armour, tells me he was completed sane. There is nothing about his behaviour that tells me he was in any kind of psychotic episode.

Please jury, see through this so called defence!!

I wish I was able to watch the jury deliberations!

Great analogy, Maisiebelle -- Yes, if he had done that -- "Oh, those people out there, they're coming to get me!!!" -- If that had been what he did, I could certainly consider NGRI. And I could understand the why of it, and maybe I would pity him a bit. It would be a sad story all the way around. But it wasn't... He probably licked his lips & smirked every time he clicked the "purchase now" button on the screen when he was buying the ammo, etc. Faster heart rate, maybe a little warmth in his lower region. Loving every minnit of it. He was compos mentis all the way.

Yes, jury deliberations -- after they get settled down in that room, the first 15--30 minutes of deliberation would be something to see! What a huge responsibility -- it's good that it's shared by 12 people.

I bet the first question will be "Where did all those jurors go??!" Lol!

Is it just me or does the judge seem tired today. He seems to be ready for this to be over.

Yes, I noticed it -- When he made a comment or something, I immediately noticed his speech was a bit slower and he sounded just plain tired, and I thought just what you said above. Maybe he was up late the night before, prolly researching something that he thought might come up the next day. He's been such a quiet champion up there, always being calm and unruffled.

Yes, IMO he's ready to call the next case. Bless him.

The Judge is really on top of things. If he has any questions, he defers to do research and just will not throw out any answer or make a decision. That is as fair as he can be. I do not see him as pro one side or the other at all. He is so patient with the defense and their nastiness...saying it nicely...yet, I can tell when he is upset with their antics. He holds his own.

I would like to see this Judge in action again. He has such control of his court room. I do not think the defense lawyers thought the Judge would be so GREAT! He is on top of everything!

Well, since the day is over until Monday and I really want to watch on Monday, I need to wipe down the kitchen cabinets, clean the stove etc. as the grandgirls are coming next Friday. It has been 9 months since we saw them....so excited to see the girls. They are 5 and 7. I just need to get everything cleaned this week end so I can be here next week.

I will watch to see if there is a phone alert text we can get when the jury has reached a verdict. I hope so. I wonder if Channel 7, I believe that is right, will do it. If anyone hears anything please post it. Maybe the mods can post it at the beginning of the new thread.

Judge Samour is the "District Court Chief Judge" of the 18th Judicial District, so he is the top dog in that district, which in my area here in NC is a pretty big deal. Our "Chief Resident District Court Judge...." is the one who handles the scheduling of the district judges and trials, and he meets separately with the trial principals together at regular intervals for planning trials within the district and for seeing who will be where for any big trials, vacations, conferences, etc., etc., etc.

He/she presides at hearings having to do with all kinds of pre-trial matters in the district. Often the Chief will take a case (some big ugly one, often) that no one else wants. So he is the best the district has, at least according to his position, and the ones who put him there were right on many counts, I'm thinking.

Judge Samour was the best judge to preside over this trial. He explains every single ruling he makes in fine detail. He doesn't take any of the defence team's nonsense which I appreciate! From what I saw of the JA trial it seems the judge didn't have much control over her courtroom. Samour is not a person to be messed with lol!

Unfortunately, not all of the threads on WS are as amicable as this one is but we have nothing but awesome people posting in here. It's been such a pleasure! ...and it's been a breath of fresh air to discuss the trial this entire time without having to skim over rude or offensive comments. :)

Even Baxter agrees...
d89c01c9c7718dbcdeba2dcbca850a75.jpg

^^^^^ This!

Yes, we (pat- pat- patting all of us on the back) have been a smart and harmonious little cadre of justice-seekers. And yes, no ugliness, no snarking (totally unnecessary with this case or any other), no innuendo, nothing-nothing negative anywhere, any time by anybody. Such a hit of sweet, fresh air in the morning, and a very delicate little spritz of water to make us go, "Ahhhhhh."

We just have to get Our Man Brauchler and his little bunch over the finish line! And we want to award His Honor with a few days of easy breathing, home time, and only reading the funny pages and not some well-worn law book of his.

We're close, Peeps, we close.

I definitely wouldn't participate in a thread where there was bad behaviour. I made a decision a while ago that online forums shouldn't make me miserable and I stand by that. I'm sorry you've had to put up with seeing that and I'm glad you've felt happier here with us :)

Life is too short for putting up with carp that we can easily avoid. :)

^^^^^ This!

Yes, we (pat- pat- patting all of us on the back) have been a smart and harmonious little cadre of justice-seekers. And yes, no ugliness, no snarking (totally unnecessary with this case or any other), no innuendo, nothing-nothing negative anywhere, any time by anybody. Such a hit of sweet, fresh air in the morning, and a very delicate little spritz of water to make us go, "Ahhhhhh."

We just have to get Our Man Brauchler and his little bunch over the finish line! And we want to award His Honor with a few days of easy breathing, home time, and only reading the funny pages and not some well-worn law book of his.

We're close, Peeps, we close.

Life is too short for putting up with carp that we can easily avoid. :)

Well said my dear!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members